gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 06:05:56 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Broadband Britain rollout delayed by three years
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Broadband Britain rollout delayed by three years  (Read 630 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Broadband Britain rollout delayed by three years
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:10:09 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10628273

The Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has blamed a lack of funds for the government's decision to delay the roll out of 2 megabits per second broadband in the UK. The previous government had set 2012 as a deadline for network to be in place.

Mr Hunt said he did not think there was "sufficient funding in place" to meet that goal.

BT also warned that it will cost billions to get fast broadband to every part of Britain. Steve Robertson, chief executive of BT Openreach, told BBC 5 live's Drive programme that the goal could not be achieved without around £2bn in public funding.

"Last month, I announced that we were supporting a universal service level of 2 Mbps as the very minimum that should be available," said Mr Hunt at an industry conference on 15 July. "I have looked at the provision the Government had made to achieve this by 2012. And I'm afraid that I am not convinced that there is sufficient funding in place.

No great surprise there then.  :gum:

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
Re: Broadband Britain rollout delayed by three years
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:54:33 pm »
this doesn't suprise me 1 bit bet its over priced BT charges are to do with this let down

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Broadband Britain rollout delayed by three years

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx