gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:21:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload problem Error opening connection
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Upload problem Error opening connection  (Read 4599 times)

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
Upload problem Error opening connection
« on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »
I have a problem that just started last week.  My uploads say Error opening connection.

When I shut down and restart everything works fine for a while and then it starts up again.  Should I reinstall Winmx or is this a setting issue?

Thanks

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: Upload problem Error opening connection
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 09:36:13 pm »
Hi steed_and_emma,
it is a good idea to save your settings.dat file, then uninstall WinMx  then delete the folder and fresh install, then add your settings.dat, this has all your ports, settings & name in,

also depending what operating system you use, do you have a router or use a firewall,
is it Winmx itself that wont connect or just your uploads/downloads,

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 01:03:47 am »
I am using a secondary connection in WinMX and a SMC Barricade Broadband Router as a firewall.  As mentioned before, this is a new situation and I have been using WinMX for many years now.  I will try a new installation this weekend.    Thanks

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 06:26:04 am »
ok mate,
just incase you need the link for WinMx its here  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:42:17 pm »
Hi

I reinstalled WinMX and it worked as it should for about 1.5 hours and then the problem started up again.  I can download just fine, and any active uplloaders will continue until completed, but any new users uploading trying to connect will get instantly canceled with the message "Error opening connection"

I am using Windows XP, with DSL connection, a SMC Barricate wired router and AVG antivirus.  WinMX is set to secondary connection.  This is very odd, and it only started up last week.

Any other suggestions?

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »
I may have narrowed down my problem.  My internet provider migrated my existing email account to a new pop3.live.com MS email account  last week.  I still access my email account through Outlook Express much the same way as I did my old email account; however after I do this now, my WinMX upload connections start to fail as described.  My only fix is to shut down Outlook Express and WinMX.  Then I reset my router through Firefox.  When I fire up WinMX again it works fine.

This is kind of bizarre.  My Hotmail.com pop3.live.com account has been up and running through OE for almost a year, it's set up in exactly the same way, and it has never caused any problems.  My problem only appears to happen after accessing the new pop3.live.com account my internet provider set up with MS through Outlook Express.

Has anyone experienced this problem?  Is there an easy fix?

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:04:48 am »
Hy mate,
this is odd, ive never heard of this before, i dont use a pppop3 email with outlook, i  use webmail through browser,
im womdering if its rrying to open too many connections at wonce and leaving them at a close_wait status, hung there stopping any other connections,
there is a program, small amd light that you dont enven need to install, you can run it as is, called TCPView, its free and it shows you all connections to your pc, the established connections are fine, it depends if theres hundreads of closed_wait2 connections, these have disconnected from their source but have not closed properly on your pc, blocking further connections, these can safely be closed using TCPView, it may help.
For TCPView Click Here

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:15:38 pm »
Hello MaxTech

I have run TCPView and there are no closed_wait2 connections showing.

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
    • Maxtech
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 02:55:09 pm »
only other thing that spings to mind is, your pop.3 email outlook is trying to use same port as winmx,
it shouldnt be able to connect that way if winmx already has that port, but i dont know what else to suggest,
outlook/email port is 21 and/or 25 and winmx ports are 6699 & 6257,
and im not a router expert, sorry if i cant be of any more help to you, im just stuck as to what can be causing it.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:13:35 pm »
could use the online version of mail since its a live.com account...

@max; pop3 (email download) listens on port 110... smtp (email send) is on port 25... at least those are the historical ports... smtp moves around it seems due to spam....

@steed_and_emma; use tcpview while checking email to see what ports outlook uses.. and if possible see if you can split the 'send/recieve' operation to see if mx fails when you send or recieve or both...

Offline steed_and_emma

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 09:29:59 pm »
I cannot exactly see what ports Outlook Express is using.  I can see other applications like Firefox and WinMX, but nothing that specifically says Outlook Express.

One thing I have noticed is that after closing Outlook Express there are usually 4 items that remain in time_wait status for at least 60 seconds or more before they drop off. 
Similar items for other applications like Firefox drop off much faster.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload problem Error opening connection

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 27 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx