gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:34:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"  (Read 587 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:58 am »
Every three years, the Library of Congress has the thankless task of listening to people complain about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The DMCA forbade most attempts to bypass the digital locks on things like DVDs, music, and computer software, but it also gave the Library the ability to wave its magical copyright wand and make certain DRM cracks legal for three years at a time.

This time, the Library went (comparatively) nuts, allowing widespread bypassing of the CSS encryption on DVDs, declaring iPhone jailbreaking to be "fair use," and letting consumers crack their legally purchased e-books in order to have them read aloud by computers.
arstechnica.com
EFF Wins New Legal Protections for Video Artists, Cell Phone Jailbreakers, and Unlockers
New DMCA Exemptions: Ripping DVDs for Online Video Now Legal

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:34:21 am »
wow... so i can finally watch dvds on my linux box legally now? ;)

...and why do i have a funny feeling steve jobs is going to be all iButthurt ranting and raving for the cult of jobs to finally drink the 'real' iKool-aid...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple loses big in DRM ruling: jailbreaks are "fair use"

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx