gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 03:34:09 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Amiga: 25 Years Later
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Amiga: 25 Years Later  (Read 685 times)

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
Amiga: 25 Years Later
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:50 pm »
Twenty-five years ago on July 23, a new personal computer was unveiled at a black-tie, celebrity-studded gala at the Vivian Beaumont Theater in New York's Lincoln Center. It debuted to rave reviews and great expectations -- heck, InfoWorld said it might be the "third milestone" in personal computing after the Apple II and the IBM PC.

The computer was Commodore's Amiga. In an era in which the most common form of microcomputer was an IBM PC-compatible system with a text-only display and a tinny internal speaker, the Amiga had dazzling color graphics and stereo sound. Its Intuition user interface looked like the Mac, but offered an advanced feature known as "multitasking." The machine was a stunner, especially given that it came from a company previously known for rinkydink home computers such as the VIC-20 and Commodore 64.
pcworld.com

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Re: Amiga: 25 Years Later
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:03:23 pm »
Ah, the Amiga. I remember it well. I loved that machine.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07:55 pm »
I had an A1000, pheonix expansion board, onboard kickstart....

giana sisters, double gragon, afterburner, test drive...
dragons lair was a massive 9 floppy discs, but my god the graphics... I watched cartoons that had worse graphics than that game.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:13:19 pm »
Modern cartoons all have crappy graphics and Animation...
Mouth open, mouth closed, mouth open, mouth closed, no other movement, lazy animators...
Compare that to any of the Disney or WB animations of the 40's, 50's, 60's and tell me who is being conned...
Poor modern kids dunno what theys missing
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:30:53 am »
now imagine if the amiga were reborn with the C/BE cpu thats in the ps3 ...... anyone just have a geek-gasm on that thought?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Amiga: 25 Years Later

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx