gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 02, 2024, 06:21:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  fix for 3.54.4
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: fix for 3.54.4  (Read 1986 times)

Offline willscotn

• Forum Member
fix for 3.54.4
« on: January 03, 2006, 08:54:03 am »
thought there was going to be a fix for 3.54.4 so can use that again or just stick with 3.53

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:12:02 pm »
willscotn,
It seems KM successfully fixed it  - although he himself isn't sure what he did, lol.
There was a problem with the .dll loading the block list, but all works fine again now, so go ahead and use your 3.54 again :D
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 01:10:41 pm »
For anyone that followed the advice of renaming the WinMx Folder to WinMx2, all you need do to go back to your 3.54 b4 now is switch the names of the two folders you have now, and restart WinMx...

Rodeovixxen

I'm lost
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 04:02:01 pm »
ok, you lost me here. I changed the file to winmx2 already and it was still crashing.  Please explain to me what I need to do?

Offline willscotn

• Forum Member
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 04:26:58 pm »
ok thanks been looking through posts each day to see if any fix but good now

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »
If you changed your original WinMx folder that was 3.54b4 to WinMx2 and installed the 1.9 for 98/ME, this means you WinMx folder now contains 3.53.

We hope that the problems is fixed, for most its working now.  You can close your WinMx, start the one from your WinMx2 folder (the 3.54b4 version) to test it, if its like most its not going to crash now.  If its not crashing then you can restore it to the default folder by swithing the names..

If its still crashing please post that information here for us..

NEW PATCH

fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 01:06:21 am »
INSTALLED THE NEW 2.9 PATCH WINMX 354BETTA 4 WORKING PERFECT NOW .NEW 2.9 PATCH IS AWESOME . MOVED OVER 500 FILES NO PROBLEM GO ANYWARE  .THANK YOU WHO EVER MADE UP 2.9. GUS

ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS

fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 01:08:48 am »
IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE NEW 2.9 PATCH AND STILL HAVING PROBLEMS FIRE YOUR ISP  IT IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEE 2.9 GUS

DON CHANGE ANYTHING

fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:12:18 am »
JUST GO TO THE OLD 1.9 DOWNLOAD CLICK IT INSTALL YOU GOT THE NEW 2.9 PLUS 354BETTA4  IT IS JUST LIKE DAY ONE ON WINMX  THANKS WHOEVER CAME UP WITH 2,9 GUS

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 03:58:57 am »
Gus,

Although I appreciate your enthusiasm, its not necessary to post three times here and spam the forum with this.

First of all there are several good reasons you wont find me singing the praises of that 2.9 pie patch.  All you have to do is a little reading on this forum to know we dont condone that patch, dont tell folks about it, and dont want more users on it then there has to be..

Sadly that patch and the lack of information that Vladd and the pie team give users is very well the cause of many crashing users, and the slow death of this network.  I for one cant in good faith let you sing the praises of a patch that is causing this network to die, simply out of stubbornness and unwillingness to advice its users to get peerguardian to protect themselves and the rest of us from the RIAA aka Macrovision.  They have even removed links explaining how to use peerguardian and our block list we work so hard to maintain and keep up to date.

We have begged, pleaded and even demanded that they do the responsible thing and help us to protect this netowk.  So if you really love MX so much and insist on using that patch or any hosts file including ours, please be sure you use peer guardian with our block list to help protect the network from any further damage the hosts file users have unknowingly caused already!!  Go spam Vladds forum and ask them why they would rather allow this netowk to loose users daily then inform them about protecting it.

If you need any more information just ask, or look around, if you still feel like that patch is soo awesome after all your reading thats fine too. but please either do the right thing yourself and recommend hosts file users get protected for everyones sake or keep it to yourself.

http:  //forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=8181#8181
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1426

heehaw

patch
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 02:53:51 am »
Me Here
i need the winmx 3.53 patch i had to reformatt.
                                              thanks heehaw

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
fix for 3.54.4
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 12:08:41 pm »
I will get ahold of ya soon HeeHaw.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  fix for 3.54.4

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx