gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 05, 2024, 05:47:07 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dont Let WinMX Become Vladd's Personal MXPie
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dont Let WinMX Become Vladd's Personal MXPie  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Dont Let WinMX Become Vladd's Personal MXPie
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:44:21 pm »
Please read this information.

All WinMX users need to be aware..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/petition.html

mparryuk522

letter
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 05:01:48 am »
Hi,
I am sending this email to everyone who is involved with the 'Trident Save Winmx Task Force' and my respects do truly go out to you wonderful people!
I have been frustratingly trying to make Winmx connect to a network and after a few weeks of pulling my hair out I've finally been able to connect to the network! My eyes lit-up when I saw the magical green light, although when I made searches or looked for chat rooms I had no luck what-so-ever.
There were no search results returned and only one chat room, which was in German, funnily.
I love the fact that there is a green connection light but I believe that people are finding it very difficult to find the update which grants an actual connection.
I eventually found it on Download.com only by pure chance and by keeping my fingers crossed and being extremely patient!
Is the real reason behind the limited number of users lack of knowledge?
I there any way to put a message out using the existing Winmx software?

Does anyone know who certain users are, users who have always have exactly 3000 files and the files look suspect? Very dodgy!!!???   Any ideas?

I do not condone the illegal act of trading or distributing stolen copyrighted material.

KM

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 11:56:40 pm »
this problem you are having could be caused by incorrectly forwarded ports in a router or incorrectly opened ports in a firewall, this would be the first thing to check (i would bet you are on primary...?)

and btw i fully support the distribution of copyrighted material without the copyright holders consent, a legal rights granted to me by the great lawyers that make laws. I have of course informed several companies that I am sharing their files and am still waiting for them to send me some scrap paper to wipe my arse with before i sue them for breech of my distribution rights...

[\/\//¥\\/\/]The Omega

Vladd44 Not Taking Over
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 06:07:25 pm »
I have just got word from V himself and he is not planning on taking over WinMX. If he does, however, I am fully prepared to create, with some of my friends, a new WinMX that is for the people. I will need some help on it so I would so I am trying to get people in now just in case. We try to trust people but usually they turn on us. This is just a percaution.

Thanx

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 06:52:22 pm »
Good BigStorm to know that you have discussed this with everyone.

For anyone interested, be sure to read this latest thread.
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=784.0

One thing is for sure, WinMX is safe, connections are easy as long as you have all the caches in your patch, and we arent going anywhere...

:evil:

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
WinMX or MXpie?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 04:22:23 pm »
Besides vistiting WinMXWorld and browse through the forums I google for winmx very often. The people I used to trade with very slowly find their way back to winmx but a lot still seem to have gone forever.
Winmx 2006 turnes out to be a sort of ares-clone with spyware and
visiting the winmx.com site gave a screen telling the software wasn't available anymore.
But look at winmx.com now and you will be redirected to the MXpie site!!
What is happening??????

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 04:59:27 pm »
The Pie team has choosen to redirect (hijack) youre internet browser to direct you to the MX Pie site.  Dont ask me why this is true.  I can only speculate that they would like you to believe they are WinMx.com.. after all if you already have WinMx to see that.. why redirect you... we have known about it for quite awhile, but again I can only guess why they would do that.

I can still see the same message that the software is unavailble because the dll doesnt redirect me.

As for the WinMx 2006.. I am unsure where your seeing that or the details.. there is not WinMx 2006 that I am aware of.

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 05:36:27 pm »
I'ts another paysite scam :(
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Re: WinMx or MXpie?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 01:20:57 am »
Quote from: indefile
Besides vistiting WinMXWorld and browse through the forums I google for WinMx very often. The people I used to trade with very slowly find their way back to WinMx but a lot still seem to have gone forever.
WinMx 2006 turnes out to be a sort of ares-clone with spyware and
visiting the WinMx.com site gave a screen telling the software wasn't available anymore.
But look at WinMx.com now and you will be redirected to the MXpie site!!
What is happening??????

This is false.  The URL "winmx.com" is NOT included in the MXpie hosts list and is NOT being redirected.

When I put winmx.com in my browser, I am connected to the real winmx.com webpage, which does say "The WinMX software is no longer available."

01/28/06 20:04:32 dns winmx.com
Mail for winmx.com is handled by mail.frontcode.com
Canonical name: winmx.com
Addresses:   66.132.147.54

The MXpie hosts list does have the hosts www.winmx.com and err.winmx.com redirected to a page that says:

"The www.winmx.com web site is non-functional, for your winmx needs try:

MX Pie"

IF you are seeing this message when you enter just 'winmx.com' in your browser, check the location AFTER you see the page.  It may be that YOUR BROWSER options are set to add the 'www' by default, so your browser might be changing winmx.com to www.winmx.com

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
mx pie in winmx.com
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 08:26:51 am »
i may have been a little bit incorrect in using the term redirected to...
and should have said that winmx.com showed a coloured screen with a big link to mxpie

i messaged them about it and got the following reply                                 ;

If you installed PIE Patch you will get this message.

It is a simple  verification that PIE Patch is correctly installed and working. It's nothing to worry about.

You can remove it if you want by using Add/ Remove programs from the
Control Panel, however if you do so you will no longer be able to
connect to WinMX.

Gemini777

..............wrote:

> as far as i know winmx.com should still give a screen that reads
> "software no longer available" but now i get a screen that shows the
> way to mxpie. i wonder how and why that is. if something has
> been added to my system causing this I like it to be removed or shown
> the way how to do that myself
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.23/240 - Release Date: 1/25/2006o MXpie. i messaged the about this and got the  following reply

i didn't use the pie option anymore but choose to use the winmx 98 fix in Xp with peerguardian, but it was indead still in the controlpanel,

as far as what i said about winmx 2006. it is not another payed version of winmx but a fileshare program looking much like ares and i guess it uses the name winmx 2006 to give old users who didnt find their way to the fixes the impression that this is the new winmx.

the screen i got on winmx.com while the pie was still in my system had no interest to me but would have been for people still looking to reconnect.
one who googles for winmx still cannot see quickly where to go; neither winmxworld nor vladd44 appear on the first page when i do.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 12:23:14 pm »
i get vladds site as the forth result on page one of a google search, after the sponsered links ofc.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 05:02:54 pm »
Hmm, this is old news but as some folks seem to be uncertain here I will walk you through it.

Look in your host file (usually windows\system32\drivers\etc), for these entries.

# These entries are to fix the defunct winmx.com names that have caused
# this program to stop functioning.

205.238.40.2   www.winmx.com
205.238.40.2   err.winmx.com

These are the lines that redirect anyone using the host file /pie solution.
if you dont want the patch hijacking any web addresses and still wish to connect to winmx remove the two orange lines .

If you previously had the winmx address in your favourites and click on it with the host/pie patch installed you will receive the advertisement for mx pie, which is strange considering the user will have winmx already.

Still no harm is done by this, its just another of the political moves we see going on.

Offline indefile

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 09:56:53 pm »
i am from the netherlands and haven't got google set for results in english only. the vlad44 site comes up 7th on the third page. winmx world shows no link in the first 20 pages. i gave up looking further. might you have missed the vladd44 link the first site that mentions a fix for winmx is on page 7 and you have to dl korean language to see more than squaires.
that many people gave up looking to get winmx working again, one can see in emule. there are an awfull lot of search resluts beginning with _INCOMPLETE_. so i still think it would be a good thing if there were a link to a site like winmx world on the first page where ever one lives and googles for winmx.

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 10:58:08 pm »
Idefile

If you use MSN search instead of google Vladd44.com is on the first page, MXPie.com is on the second page, WinMxGroup.com is on the second page, WinMxUnlimited.net is on the second page, and WinMxWorld.com is also on the second page. My site WinMxWorldOmega.com is not on the first 5 pages but oh well. If your friends or anyone asks those are the sites you can get the patches off of. Although the patch is not avaliable on WinMxUnlimited.net but you can check it out for cool WinMx progies.

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Re: mx pie in WinMx.com
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 08:21:46 am »
Quote from: indefile
i may have been a little bit incorrect in using the term redirected to...
and should have said that WinMx.com showed a coloured screen with a big link to mxpie

the screen i got on WinMx.com while the pie was still in my system had no interest to me but would have been for people still looking to reconnect.
one who googles for WinMx still cannot see quickly where to go; neither winmxworld nor vladd44 appear on the first page when i do.

Again.. I don't think so.  Check your browser location when you see that mxPIE.  Maybe it says www.winmx.com or err.winmx.com  but I highly doubt it says:  http://winmx.com/

which says this:

"WinMX.com
The WinMX software is no longer available."

The mxPIE v2.9 does intercept both www.winmx.com or err.winmx.com, but not the TLD of just "winmx.com"

Since www.winmx.com still has an ad that produces some income for the authors, I think it unethical to hijack and redirect traffic away from it.  The redirect site could at least add a link to allow users to connect to www.winmx.com by it registered IP.

That said, it appears right now that the mxPIE 'www.winmx.com' page is blank.  They should either remove those hostnames from their hosts file, or provide more information, and a link back to the real winmx page.

It could state that while the winmx site says the software is no longer available [directly from the authors] that the WPN net itself is working fine and include a direct IP link back to 66.132.147.54 so the authors will get some traffic and $ from their banner ad.  How else are they gonna get enough money to finish writing v4?  And relocate their peer cache servers outside the reach of USA courts and cruise missiles?

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: mx pie in WinMx.com
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 08:58:28 am »
Quote from: GnarlySnarly
[Since www.WinMx.com still has an ad that produces some income for the authors, I think it unethical to hijack and redirect traffic away from it.  

It could state that while the WinMx site says the software is no longer available [directly from the authors] that the WPN net itself is working fine and include a direct IP link back to 66.132.147.54 so the authors will get some traffic and $ from their banner ad.  How else are they gonna get enough money to finish writing v4?  And relocate their peer cache servers outside the reach of USA courts and cruise missiles?

lol, perhaps it could also be labelled "unethical" or at least "rude" to simply pull the plug on the caches in the first place without a statement to the community that was turned upside down that day. As for revenue for v4 i'm presuming thats a joke? It took long enough to move from 3.31 and that was when all was equal prior to Winmx's dark day, i suspect its unlikely in the extreme we will ever see a v4 and i doubt a few ads on a dead site are ever likley to fund any such development, as i doubt very much Kevin has any interest in furthering Winmx.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Dont Let WinMX Become Vladd's Personal MXPie

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx