gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 09:42:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Blocking flooding primaries or not
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Blocking flooding primaries or not  (Read 2361 times)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Blocking flooding primaries or not
« on: August 23, 2006, 07:03:37 pm »
Yes: Yes, I am in favour of blocking I want to add them to the winmxworld blocklist.

No: No, do not want to block them and let them be as they are.

Can't say: I feel neither this or that way.

Again I am reminding that this is NOT about fake files but about and ONLY about pie primaries.
Your views if any will happily be accepted and considered if you will post them here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3150.0.html

Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

KM

Re: Blocking flooding primaries or not
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 07:59:52 pm »
results already starting to show a trend after only 3 votes... (yes i have voted)

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:01:40 pm »
I am neutral on the subject. (Voted No Opinion)

I say Yes because they are damaging the network.
I say No becuase they are users that dont know any better. They were told by PIE not to block or PIE didnt mention it.

It is not the unprotected PIE Primaries that should take the hit. PIE should be responsible and tell these users to block.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 10:47:17 pm »
* Bearded Blunder votes leave them be

Blocking in the kind of way proposed here will
a) be totally ineffective (or marginally effective at best)
b) cause a lot of fighting

given point b) i'm against anything that wouldn't be effective.. it's not worth starting a fight to do no good.

show me a way to get the floods completely off the wpn without losing a huge part of the userbase in the process & i'll support it.  i won't support huge casualties for at best a maginal gain
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 12:22:14 am »
Don't know a lot but aren't the ppl using those primaries the same ppl that we want to switch to the new patch? I got lucky when i came to MX and met the right ppl to teach me what patch to use. Am I wrong to think we should just keep trying to convert pie users as they slowly figure out there is a problem? I vote leave it alone for now and keep giving the great help I see every day in the help room :)

The Rookie :)

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:02 am »
  This arguement has been going on for close to a year . Nothing has changed no other P2P program has 2 forms of connection so why does mx need it?

If the fake files and flooding isnt stoped one day we all will see winmx really die. No one wants to block a user but if that user is the one allowing the fake file flooding by running a unprotected host file they are no different than the flooder.

And if you say leave mx as it is you verry well may be a helper in the fake and flooded files.

At the verry lest there should be a block list made to block the pie host file users and let the users decide if they wish to use it .

If we dont block them now im  sure we will be haveing this same thread next year this time if people dont decide to move on to a cleaner P2P program. And if that happens what good has all the hard work to keep it open done?

I dont know about any of you but ive never picked a program to use by does it allow fake files and does it allow flooding.

If its ok to block the fake files and flooders it should be just as ok to block those that allow it. I dont think we would loose as many users as you may think. look at it as a upgrade to the network just like it was in the past when the upgraded mx ther cut off the old servers and  life went on. Pie and the DILL users are never going to see eye to eye on any thing . If they were going to it would have happened  by now.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 12:35:35 pm »
I've voted no for now and my reasons are given in the related thread.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 10:54:03 pm »
I dont understand, you say :Again I am reminding that this is NOT about fake files but about and ONLY about pie primaries.

If the pie primaries did not allow the fake files who would care  if pie was here?

Its all about the fake files not about pie as in pe4ople.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 06:31:38 am »
Chuck shall we please keep this in the network degradation topic...
This is more of a poll.
Thanks
Patch link :

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 07:40:05 am »
Sorry sam just  a quote from you.

You make it sound like people want to block pie just becouse of the people that use it.
And not for the reason they are couseing the flooding .
You may want to reread your first post.

Offline Maxe

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 03:50:07 am »
Seeing as Vladd of mxpie.com has now started asking for donations (for about a week now it seems) to keep WinMx running which is just a money making racket if ever I saw one, I now support blocking ALL pie primaries. If someone could change my vote it would be much appreciated. If not just add mine to the "yes" vote and take it from the" no" vote when you read the results up top and convert it yourself.

KM

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 04:43:11 am »
it has recently been pointed out that vladd himself is now directly taking money from users for winmx, as such i believe this will change many peoples opinions on the matter (myself included)

the poll has now been locked so no more voting in this thread, and i encourage you all to now go and vote in this thread

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 09:30:03 am »
I have locked the thread as well. As this poll is rendered irrelevent. Please see Km's post above mine to know why:

[edit by KM]my post is above this one not below ;-)[/edit]
Patch link :

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  Think Tank  |  Blocking flooding primaries or not

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx