gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 23, 2024, 07:24:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  P2P Advertising - Whats Behind This ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: P2P Advertising - Whats Behind This ?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
P2P Advertising - Whats Behind This ?
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:40:07 pm »
This is the second article outlining this sort of venture its still not clear what networks they are planning deployment on  :?

http://www.americasnetwork.com/americasnetwork/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=408804

Entertainment executives grew frustrated with battling downloads a few at a time, Kozel says. Representatives of one music label even told him they no longer planned to spend money on blocking downloads.

If You Can't Beat 'Em…

So Kozel adopted a different tack. If he couldn't keep people from using file-sharing technology to chase free music, then he'd find another way to help clients make money from the technique. "There was this large market for the labels, we just needed to give them a chance to commercialize it," Kozel says. In August, Kozel relaunched his company with a new name, Skyrider. And this month, backed by $20 million in venture funding, the startup unveiled a product that lets content owners include ads in video files over peer-to-peer networks.

Skyrider is one of a growing number of companies trying to deliver ads over the peer-to-peer services once deemed the agents of piracy. Among them is MediaDefender, an antipiracy company acquired by ARTISTdirect in 2005. Last summer, MediaDefender launched a program that returns licensed videos or songs, often sponsored by advertisers, to peer-to-peer searches for that artists' work. Among its first promotions: a Jay-Z video sponsored by Coca-Cola (KO).

MediaDefender still tries to combat piracy through tactics such as flooding peer-to-peer networks with decoy files that tie up a user's computer. However, the company sees potential in the marketing business. "Peer-to-peer is a phenomenon that is here to stay," says Jon Diamond, chief executive of ARTISTdirect.

I,m sure many of you will see this as one step up from flooding the networks with fakes, whilst others out there may be more than happy to get ad laden free content, we can only speculate about if it is launched on this network as there is no information currently on offer, but lets hear some of your ideas on this.

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: P2P Advertising - Whats Behind This ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:32:26 am »
I often said if a site offered me a chance to download a movie but i had to watch 20 mins of adds before i could dl it or watch it id be happy to do that, alot of revenue could be made to these companies off the backs of other big companies leaving us poor folks the chance to watch the new releases without a head wondering accross screen half way threw. I hate that stuff and think that is bad for p2p but 20 mins of ads at the bigging and end i wouldnt really care about, We have been subjected to adds in movies for a long time, major ones i remebr is pepsi in will smith movies. Suptle adds like that i would also not really care about so long as the film was that glorious word FREE.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:21:03 pm »
I agree with tiny. I would not mind at all if some advertising was added to movies in order for everyone to be happy. As it is, we have ads at the beginning of every VCR tape and DVD coming out on shelves, so why not some in P2P? It would be better than the media companies continuing to demonize all of us...

They would make more money simply by adding a little screen that says "If you enjoyed this movie, please send a dollar to blah blah..." rather than saying that we are all bad people who are robbing artists (who never see the money they deserve either way).

After all, shareware software has survived for a long time...why not share media? If I liked a movie, I would send a dollar. Better than trying to save up $30 to go see it at an overpriced theater.

In a time where we are already FORCED to have too many expenses (state required insurance, vehicle taxes, property taxes, banking fees, huge utility bills, climbing cigarette taxes, incredible gas prices, ridiculous health care expenses, groceries twice what they were 10 years ago, etc.), I think the public would welcome something like this with open arms.

Since we are all nickled and dimed to death on everything else, then I say Hell Yeah! Give the public some free entertainment!

Best Regards and Be Good!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:37 am »
If you pay to go to the movies at a theatre they make you sit thru 20 minutes of ads anyway, so how many would they want to put at the start?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  P2P Advertising - Whats Behind This ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx