gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 22, 2024, 06:31:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers  (Read 4115 times)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Although the prospect of pics of Me_Here naked are interesting, I would NEVER look at them! I do however feel this post is totally uneeded. I have spoken out several times against this kind of inflammatory thread on Vladd's site. This site should be held to the same standards as that one. Let sleeping dogs lie I think. Ghost was entirely right in the fact that the responcibility of this site should fall to pulling in more users. Whether the Pie patch continues to work or not should be irrelivant to this site. Let whatever happens to Pie happen. Time will tell which is better. Had there been an "Other" option in the pole I would've chosen it and that is my vote.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
Although the prospect of pics of Me_Here naked are interesting, I would NEVER look at them!
8) :)
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Your entitled to your own opinion here Nooky and on the other site you are not, you get banned, we call it how it is.
You have not spoken out against the recent stupidity there and so your claim to ride the forums looking after the interests of all users falls a little hollow.

I have heard the pie team say the same thing as yourself," let the pie team damage the network you guys can clean up the mess" , thats the message we are hearing, and to hear you parrot it worries me.
The network requires users yes, but for each one that is a flooder due to poor advice and bull headed stupidity we lose more users out of frustration with searches and room dropping .

Perhaps you should do some more homework before advising us to make poor decision like the pie team leadership have.

I shouldnt have to remind you the pie site was hijacked to provided advertisements for pay winmx sites something no winmx users likes, only within the last fortnight have those advertisements disappeared.

We will continue to look after the interests of the all winmx users, not deny them potection and feed them BS to earn ourselves a profit.
I would rather the pie team rift did not exist and winmx would have been in a better state than it is now, but we will not ignore those who have actively done damage and pretend they have not.

Time has shown which is the better method of operating, or do you prefer to think that a site that runs no caches itself and no patch of its own ( instead relying on helful users) should claim other folks work as its own and has consistently refused to help block Macrovision (they where invited to help compile the blocklist and every pie team member refused to take part), is in anyway equal to those on this site who do all these activities.

Yes let the users decide but with the knowledge of why there is a rift, I admit its a mystery as to what they feel they represent, as I am 99% certain its not winmx users.

For those users who are bored with this type of thread, join the club , good ideas and plans get put on hold while folks like myself are forced each month to lay out the same facts each time someone from the other forum wants to lower us to their poor standard, we have done our best for the community here and it is done out of a genuine desire to move the whole winmx community forward, does anyone here even pretend that putting pay for winmx sites on a winmx help site is legitimate ?

If they wish to make good on their claims of supporting the community let them pay for at least one cache server out of their profits or be judged as leeches.

Cheers to those guys who actually run the existing caches , having spoken to most of them I know they dont seek a big name for themselves but I think to allow others to steal their selfless gesture is low.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
You have not spoken out against the recent stupidity there and so your claim to ride the forums looking after the interests of all users falls a little hollow.
I haven't seen recent stupidity on that site or this one till a handfull of days ago. I have been offline rebuilding my pc, and the only interests that I am looking out for is my own. If any other user of WinMX happens to agree with my opinion then so be it. said it once, I'll say it again. Doesn't matter how you connect. If you use pie there is peer guardian and sherwood. Use the .dll patch then you're as well off. Unfortunately the .dll patch is a driver and will have conflicts on some systems and therefor those users can not use the .dll patch. The pie patch alters the hosts file. Unfortunately for AOL users like myself during setup AOL changes the hosts file and so therefor you have to reapply pie patch or wait until you have installed AOL altogether. I use the pie patch myself. Some spyware also alters the hosts file. To combat this I have made it a "read only" file. IF something happens that the pie patch ceases to work I will try the .dll patch. Until then, and I believe that I am NOT alone in this, I'll stay where I am.
I have heard the pie team say the same thing as yourself," let the pie team damage the network you guys can clean up the mess"
What I have said exactly was that if you can not work together then do your best seperately. The fact that I have noticed is that from both sides every time there seems to be quiet time without bickering from either side, one side or both always has one assclown to stand up and start more shit.
Perhaps you should do some more homework before advising us to make poor decision like the pie team leadership have.
I would not now or never attempt to tell you or any member of mxworld how to fix anything the pie team does. I do not have that sort of tech. knowledge nor I have ever claimed to have that kind of tech knowledge.
I shouldnt have to remind you the pie site was hijacked to provided advertisements for pay winmx sites something no winmx users likes, only within the last fortnight have those advertisements disappeared.
I can assure you that I had absolutely no idea that this had happened and that even if I had had an idea I could've done absolutely not one damn thing about it.
We will continue to look after the interests of the all winmx users, not deny them potection and feed them BS to earn ourselves a profit.
I would rather the pie team rift did not exist and winmx would have been in a better state than it is now, but we will not ignore those who have actively done damage and pretend they have not.
Not one person from pie team ever told me one thing about either patch. A regular joe WinMX user like myself told me where to look for both. I found both, read how each patched worked and chose the hosts patch for myself because I personally am not a trusting person so I did not like the idea behind the .dll patch and the fact that it could be updated without my help. And not one thing you or I or anyone else says will effect anything that anyone from the pie team does. As far as I can tell they have made their own decisions up to now and chosen to stand behind them regardless of the outcome. I personally like having that option myself. Others may not feel the same and that is alright with me because I think for me and noone else that doesn't live under my roof.
Time has shown which is the better method of operating, or do you prefer to think that a site that runs no caches itself and no patch of its own ( instead relying on helful users) should claim other folks work as its own and has consistently refused to help block Macrovision (they where invited to help compile the blocklist and every pie team member refused to take part), is in anyway equal to those on this site who do all these activities.
The pie patch gets me to the caches. That's all I care about. As long as it works.
Yes let the users decide but with the knowledge of why there is a rift, I admit its a mystery as to what they feel they represent, as I am 99% certain its not winmx users.
I can not speak for them on that and honestly do not know if that's how they feel at all. I AM just an ordinary WinMX user. But I am a user that has up to now, on THIS site AND THAT site, and will continue to say exactly what I feel about all of it by the best that I can figure and understand of what either side means.
For those users who are bored with this type of thread, join the club , good ideas and plans get put on hold while folks like myself are forced each month to lay out the same facts each time someone from the other forum wants to lower us to their poor standard, we have done our best for the community here and it is done out of a genuine desire to move the whole winmx community forward, does anyone here even pretend that putting pay for winmx sites on a winmx help site is legitimate ?
I suggest to you sir that if you are tired of repeating it then by all means stop saying it. You HAVE done your best. You HAVE gotten the information out there. And I DO believe that you do it out of a love for the WinMX coomunitty. Now please let the informed public make their own decisions. It is what I did, and so far that I know, everyone that I know who is connected to the network atm. They made a decision based on the facts they have seen from both sides. You sir have done your job and done it well.
If they wish to make good on their claims of supporting the community let them pay for at least one cache server out of their profits or be judged as leeches.
Had no idea that any person or persons or groups were paying for cache servers. I'd like to know more about this.
Cheers to those guys who actually run the existing caches , having spoken to most of them I know they dont seek a big name for themselves but I think to allow others to steal their selfless gesture is low.

Cheers by all means. And if ANY person running a peer cache feels they are being mislead or used by either side, PLEASE stand up and speak for yourselves. It is the only way anyone will know how YOU really feel about it.
Now that I have replied to all that please let me say this. When I originally read this most of it came to me as if you were attacking me as a user to entice me into an arguement. If that was your intention then I say to you that you failed. I answered truthfully and honestly to everything you said the best that I could with truth as I have seen it. I hide nothing. I only deny what I know is false.And if you open a site like this one or Vladd's expect someone like me to come along and say exactly what they feel. I will never attack either person on either side, but if I feel you are wrong then please believe I intend to tell you so. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read this. :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
I make a small apology to you Nooky for pehaps taking yourself to task for others actions, its just that I admit to feeling frustrated that the network is damaged and how it was preventable.

As you say I have done my best and if all agree here I will let sleeping dogs lie and move on.

Please take the time to read here for me and give me the views of common sense from your perspective in regard to how you think we may move ahead or whether you think we should at all.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=2126.0.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx