gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 07:21:48 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld  (Read 4038 times)

Banned

Re: Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 05:04:56 pm »
As you well know Ghost, my intention was to get a Pie blocking option available, i was then, due to circumstances you are well aware of, going to leave it to others to push out, a job made difficult due to the ongoing DDOS attacks on the release platforms.

As a service to the community i have made the patch available via one of my websites, although this ofc put me in the firing line AGAIN for the idiot DDOS attackers, however, hopefully that matter will be resolved in court at the earliest possible time.

So Ghost, my withdrawl from the fore front of matters had been planned for months as you well know, because i told you so, i also told you why, so please dont link my withdrawl to vladds, they are unrelated. In addition, my presence is likely to appear more scarce, as i am supposedly banned here, and the other major winmx sites has been DDOS'ed offline.

As for the Bug issue, you are happy to ban me, and edit users posts for swearing, and you have also warned Bug on several occasions, he continues to abuse folks, if you cant edit, you should ban, well, if you wish to avoid being a hypocrite that is, but i suspect the classic, 1 rule for 1, 1 for another will come into play.

As i have explained to you many times, you were not banned from the site, your access was simply removed for 1 small part of it as your contribution had moved from simple questions, to angry rants (even though i appealed to you for some calm) both on that forum and in live chat, including help rooms, this approach was uncalled for at what was a fragile time for winmx.

Just out of interest as KM didnt seem to want to talk about it, will WmW still be recommending your ex Tech supports conection patch?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 06:07:35 pm »
We will always recommend the best solution for the users Nobby, nothing has changed there, whatever goes on in our the internal arena we are professional enough to not let that influence our proffered help.

In many ways you are correct regarding Bugs over use of foul language, I have spoken to both him and yourself over it many times in an effort to get some kind of truce, but to no avail.
Like Cheify Wifey, Bug was a pie supporter and he changed to supporting the Winmxgroup patch because he was lied to, a friend lied to is the worst enemy anyone can want.
I dont want to wave the ban stick at him or you, as you are fully aware in your case I was forced to agree to your exclusion by a democratic vote.

Nobby, I was banned from the private forum section you ran, I have a log of vladd saying just that, so which of you is not correct ?
Perhaps you should post one of the angry rants your claiming to have banned me for ?
I,m sure users will see I would have been complaining about lack of activity for helping winmx and the lame attempts to divert all help to pie at the expense of everyone else in the community, something I have been shown to be rightly worried about, whilst the team of winmxworld and winmxgroup forged ahead in helping and distributing solutions, advice and general advice to the community in times of need, one team decided to encourage flooding of the WPN with fakes, you where a member of that team and supported their actions and dirty tricks campaign that went with it in an effort to try to gain more folks for pie , once again at the expense of even more users.

Instead of bearing a grudge till the year 2050 I decided that it serves no purpose to waste time on bandying words with you, it helps no one and acheives nothing for mx users, I have wasted the time above to make clear to folks why your word is not good currency around these parts and to demonstrate you should be more interested in making amends for the damage you helped cause rather than trying to blame evryone else for your groups anti winmx policy.
Put simply you chose to support your friends over what is best for the entire community, thats your cross to bear Nobby, nothing I do here will ever match your collective action in damaging the network.

Oh btw, when you have the best tech support in the world Nobby words translate quickly into action, as seen when the pie team cache broke down losing us thousands of users, where it not for the rapid action of  KM and ourselves in running a diversion system to catch those with broken patches the number would have been many more thousands, that whole system was built and working in less than two hours with multiple language translations in all the major languages infornming users of what was happening and how to fix it, we waited 14 days for pie to get warmed up enough to hurl insults, then more before a patch update was released, if this is the elite pie action squad then I am glad most of the network no longer relies on it for anything.

No one doubts KM's technical skills, they are a serious loss to the site but thats never the important thing, the loss of a friend is a knife that cuts deepest, such things take time to recover from, now our tight knit unit is fractured somehow, patience, continued respect and good will are required to help this site to pull away from implosion, this is of course the clearest sign that changes are required, we face those changes in a positive manner, whatever they may be, thats whats expected of us.

Offline Cobra

• Forum Member
  • I'm not me.
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 07:30:47 pm »
I am not trying to join the fight. I am just making an observation. As a neutral observer who does not know any of you I would like to make an observation about KM's first post:
however there are certain things I will not ever allow myself to be involved in, censorship is one of those things.

Reading this confuses me. We are all involved in censorship on a regular basis. There are many forms of it, and the patch that is so wonderfully boasted here partakes in one form of censorship every single time it is used by blocking of fake files. This does not make the patch worse. In fact, it makes it much better.

This is crude analogy, but... to my knowledge, the fake files themselves are not illegal (though the resulting download leading to a DoS might be), so it seems to me that the companies who put the fake files out are doing nothing wrong from the initial stage. They are merely protesting. If no one ever downloads any fake files, then they are made useless as they do no physical harm just hanging around. They only get in the way, just like protesters.

If the files were a verbal protest outside of a courthouse, you would just (try to) ignore them, but in this case the patch not only ignores these "protests" but makes it as if they do not exist at all for people using the patch. That too is censorship, but the censorship is ignored for what would be considered the greater good by the majority. Under specific circumstances, censorship does have a place.

The same could possibly be said about adding a censor filter here since I have visited much larger forums than this one (activity and member numbers) that would be a violent outrage of childish stupidity and angry chaos if not for at least some form of censoring. Having experienced that first hand myself, I don't see how a filter that changes a few select words by only adding a few ** in the word is harmful, but I have seen how it has made a difference once added in the overall reaction to an angry post.

But, that is just my observation.
Downloading is an addiction I do not want to give up.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 08:20:01 pm »
I'd just like to say a few things and then Im going to lock this thread for now.

First of all I have been talking with KM for a long time today and on some points we have made real progress, others need work.  Im not going to comment on any of the posts made here, except I think its safe to say that NONE of us wants KM to leave the site, and that couldn't be more true for anyone here then Ghost and myself, neither does KM 'want' to leave the site, but things are in need of change and communication and patience here. 

For that reason and while we work on making the site and personal relation changes and making things better for him, all of you,  and ourselves KM has graciously agreed to go forward with us in that endeavour.  I hope that you all join me in 1. Being thankful that hes willing to do so, and that we can work differences out.  and 2. Help make that easier for all involved by moving forward with us.

What ever changes or non changes that come to pass the spirit of the site is as it always has been to make things more enjoyable for folks.  Im locking this thread at this time because I know yall want to see things worked out for the best for everyone as much as I do, and I at this time don't think any good can come of this now with that goal in mind.  I have spoken to KM since hes the original poster on this thread and hes agreed that its best at this time.

If anyone wants to make comments about site related matters mentioned on this thread please do so in the site feedback sections.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx