gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 20, 2024, 09:43:14 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld  (Read 4040 times)

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
Re: Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2006, 07:16:50 pm »
 Look i dont mind seeing foul speech but i am a adult and really think that if a users has to use foul speech to make a point it makes them look like the fool.

I have to say i did like one thing about vladd's forum and that was the word filter that was set to where you could cut it off in your profile to show all words. Or like dig does the post is there but not shown and you can choose to see it or not there are ways around what is going on here with out a fight between members.

I agree that some people cant handle seeing a few cuss words and i agree that there should be no censoring of post. If we go that road than we are no better than those that ran vladd's forum and we all know the hell we gave them.

Km is a vital part of winmxworld and i dont think we need to loose him over this at all.We have had a small win this week with vladd going away so lets not mess it up by looseing a big part of why winmxworld is the best winmx forum and help page.

Its time for you you three to stop and think, and a im sorry from all of ya will not kill ya .If not why dont we just close winmx and say our goodbyes this is just silly to argue about when there are fixes to this.

I see both sides on this and allso see both of ya are being pig headed.
Set that example you all keep talking about or never say any thing about how others act.

I hate to have to post on this thread again but i felt i needed to clear up just how i felt about this. and Scyre said it much better than i can so read that post again if you need to.

As sam said dont let vladd win in all this.

And Scyre bug's post would look more like (maggot....maggot maggot....maggot maggot maggot) As maggot would make it threw any filter .
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 01:15:32 am »
Well lets see.. I wasn't going to reply to this thread as I wanted to keep this problem more private as far as the bickering type of posts however, after reading the subsequent posts I will remark on a few things and ignore some others on purpose.

how kind of you to sweep something under the rug that could potentially affect all users...

anyway.. back to the main topic... you two do realise that you are kinda biting the hand that feeds you? granted KM may be throwing a bit of a tantrum hes still the one that wrote the patch in the first place.... but i would like KM to reconsider... chill... take some deap breaths and have a shot of vodka if it'll help.... just make sure you arent jumping the gun...

as far as censoring goes ill agree with the blocking of IPs but 'cuss words' are technically free speech... which is what this site has been touting since day one.... if they get filtered im leaving winmxgroup (as well as winmx itself) too.... non relevent posts should be left but locked which would cover free speech but keep the 'crowd control' in place ... which is what seems to be the goal in the first place... and of course ads should be removed (nobody likes spam)...

just my 0.02$ ...

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 04:27:41 am »
I also recently announced I would not be going to the winmxworld chat rooms due to their allowing a known troublemaker full admin access (full * access), a policy which completely undermines the entire room, and I did not wish to be involved in it. This has now been followed by implementing a policy of censorship on the website, therefore I can not allow myself to have any involvement with any winmxworld activities.
Let's call a spade a spade today and be totally honest in doing so. That quote alone is the total reason for this outrageous posting. I have always prided myself on being honest with you KM and I do not intend to change now. You quit coming to the room because Me_Here asked you to not boot cc again and that made you mad and you think she was wrong for asking that. So for a week now I don't see your name in the room and think "Wow, he sure is taking that well". Then I see this post and I thought "well he's NOT taking it that well at all". Fact is noone begged you to come back and forget the deal with cc and now you're mad about that. As for cc getting full admins I'll admit I was curious about it but I realise I haven't been coming to the room that long and I know from what I've seen she has history there and so therefor I welcome her back and I trust the judgements of Me_Here and Quicks on matters to which I do not fully understand. KM come back when you're ready as far as I'm concerned but don't use this website or any other to bring hostility to already shakey ground. KM, personally I think you're a great dude but I think you take a snobbish and prudish standpoint to anyone disagreeing with you. You've gotten the attention you wanted with this post so let's move on and get over or around all this and get back to helping users like we're supposed to.
The editing of swearing is no big deal at all in my opinion. People may still know what f**k stands for but reading it like that is not nearly offencive and quite honestly any person with any kind of respect for winmxgroup/world or any of it's readers would and should be understanding and respectfull enough to see why some might wish to alter them to make them less offencive. 
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

KM

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 12:39:59 pm »
silver: you seem to be confusing winmxworld and winmxgroup...

nooky: if that were the case, then there would not be such posts by ghost and me_here, their posts should make it quite clear to you that it is nothing to do with that. I had made it clear I did not want any involvement with a room like that, and to a point the same things also came across to the site, being run by people who had shown a willingness to give known troublemakers full admin, however it was nothing to do with this decision - you merely need to read the posts in this thread to see that they are clearly happy to not have to deal with the "tech support" as he put it any more...

g33k_Engaged_B

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 02:06:59 pm »
I support KM as well. Hes a good lad I spoke with him a few times he's never given me any grief.

Reading these posts tho I think perhaps both sides need a break from one another, as for censorship, it should be up to a public poll for all of the Mods, Users, Admins, everyone to decide as the change directly affects said people. Those who wish to remain neutral need only not vote, those who have an opinion will be able to voice it and have it heard...

Then again what am I saying, that would circumvent censorship now wouldn't it.  :shock:

Have fun, ß

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 03:32:56 pm »
I dont know.... im off 2 or 3 days to format and rebuild my pc and all hell breaks loose.

firstly, personnaly i have seen a hell of alot of good advice and help in here by Me_Here, KM & Ghost Ship

secondly, i agree with some editing like word filters for those sort of words that shouldnt have to be seen, the crude offencive ones,

thirdly, editing personal detains from another user should not be allowed as it is an invasion of privicy,

fouthly, i havent got a fourth point, i was just breathing out and kept typing.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 08:34:35 pm »
After being away for a few days my heart has become deeply saddened, I for one was proud of our unity and a harsh blow has been delt to my pride. I for one am speechless. Please my peer's sort this out, Be the bigger peeps and lets brush this under a rug and continue our unity; a few errors or misunderstanding's seem to have arised. I hope when i return to check this servers status in a few days this has blown over. Thinking highly of you all
   T4E
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 09:18:29 pm »
Its never been my style to 'sweep something under the rug that could potentially affect all users'  Your saying so Silver, shows that you don't know me very well or understand what I meant.

KM, Ghostship, and myself started this site long before there was a WinMX Group, User-run Peer caches or reasons to worry about anything except using MX and helping folks to do so.  My wanting to keep my personal feelings about KMs decision between he and my self is 1. my right, and 2. does not effect anyone except he and I.

Something I tried to point out earlier to everyone here is this Moderating (aka 'censorship')  has been site policy from day one!! Its not something new and that fact alone has me wondering why KM is really upset.  To address foul language on a professionally (as pro as we can be round here type thing) run site is normal for this site, and I think I am in a good position to know what was going on on day one.

So if you have seen me taunting since day one "'cuss words' are technically free speech". please do find that post from day one by me and I'll eat my words.. Otherwise you may want to have a look at a few I found from early days.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=2850.msg16827#msg16827

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1110.0.html

Want to know what I think about him leaving?

I moved his last post about resigning, to the moderators only section, because I felt that the disagreement that began that was something we should work through.  I don't want him to go anywhere, however I don't want to be bullied into something that I feel strongly about either, and I wouldn't have much respect for anyone that would.  The situation was handled like all are and the 2/1 vote was to edit the language and IPs.  If however he feels that strongly over this that he would rather resign then I cant exactly chain him to my computer chair now can I?

I hope he follows your advice and reconsiders.. we certainly are a team, we have been a strong good team and I like him.  Ive defended his honor tooth and nail more times then anyone i know.  So to sit here and insult me this way Silver is a bit aggravating and is certainly not helping things get any better.

Let me just say too anyone else reading this, I am not trying to be facetious, or mean spirited (although I'm hurt by some comments deeply), or rude, but, if you think your upset maybe you could take a moment to consider how I and Ghostship feel about this, KM and this site.

But at the end of the day, polices will not change on this site, with all due respect to everyone that has posted here.  For now things are going to remain as they have been. 
I'm not only WinMXly deeply saddened and upset about KM's announcement but personally gutted by it and wont have anything further to say on this matter publicly.   :(

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 03:41:36 am »
Its never been my style to 'sweep something under the rug that could potentially affect all users'  Your saying so Silver, shows that you don't know me very well or understand what I meant.

by purposly ignoring ceartain posts (your own words) in this thread and keeping whats now been posted public in private threads you are sweeping things under the rug...... whats not to know/understand?

So if you have seen me taunting since day one "'cuss words' are technically free speech". please do find that post from day one by me and I'll eat my words.. Otherwise you may want to have a look at a few I found from early days.

you misread.... i said this forum has touted (not taunted) 'free speech' and my added opinion was that 'cuss words' are technically free speech....

btw, the first link you gave didnt work and the second mentioned you removing a post because it was hurtfull to you.... 'personal' reasons shouldnt be a reason for blocking posts on a forum that touts 'free speech' ... nobbys reply of 'double standards' is probably the only thing he has posted that i will agree with... either this forum is 'free speech' or it isnt.... what exactly is it me_here?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:50 am »
Free speech is not defined as abuse and swearing, your moral standards seem rather different Stripes compared to ours.
Can I suggest you stick to common definitions rather than ones you have made up ?

Btw I thought you said if our site policy was as it is you would leave ?

Here is the site policy its not going to change to suit those who dont have morals or respect for other users,

Swearing and general abuse is not acceptable.
Free speech on winmx matters is what we strive for, this site is not a political or non winmx forum so we reserve the right to enforce a policy that reflects that.

We have been succesfully operating the site for 18 months now following these same rules with vrtually zero complaints, the single example that Me_Here pointed out Stripes was by Nobby and his point was invalid because we have always made it clear that this is a winmx site first and foremost, rambling and imflamatory speech on anything non winmx or just lame abuse is not acceptable.
As the links posted show we have had the same policy from day one, rather different to your claims.

The bottom line is this folks ,if you dont have trust in those trying to keep the site clean for all users then perhaps you should start your own sites  as we fully trust ourselves to do whats best using information posted here and received after discussions with people who have complaints, I myself spend a lot of time behind the scenes trying to ensure where conflict occurs that what is posted is to the point and if its something that can be resolved off forum that is done where possible, this is called acting responsibly for the benefit of all.

Thats what this comes down to, either you think Me_here and myself are correct in trying to ensure access for those who dont want to read abusive posts when they require winmx information for themselves or you feel swearing and abuse are more important , we are a winmx help site and we do not class abuse of others as free speech, thats our policy and we intend to stay with it.

Offline chuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2006, 05:54:51 pm »
 I have all ways been against posting personal info on forums that does not belong to the user.We have all seen it one user is pissed at another and he post home addy,phone number shots of their house in google earth, the list goes on .Over the years many people have pissed me off and if it was that much of a thing and i had all that info I'm sure i could go see them in person not try to get everyone on the net to do it for me thats just lame.

In this day and time those under the age of 18 using that as that is the age they like to put on being adult in my country even if they still cant buy a beer which is just BS they can send you to war and get you killed but you better not buy a beer and drink it but that has nothing to do with all this.
 There are alot of users in the 12 to 15 year old range that use this site and there are some much older users that use this page that may find the use of 100 cuss words to describe a person  over the top and may choose not to use this site.Some of you may say so what,i say this is the only winmx site of any importance now and we do need all the users we can get now to help grow winmx back to a player in the P2P world.
 I do not agree with editing post to alter the true meaning of the post and will be the first to spam every forum on the net to call any site i use that starts doing that to point them out to be the lamers that they are. But saying that i do not consider the blocking of personal info that does not belong to you that is posted just to start others to do harm to a user editing.
 I do cuss to much and i don't mind seeing some cuss words ion a post but i don't see the need to use 30 cuss words in one post to get my point across. and wold not care if a forum used some sort of blocking of my words such as Kiss my A**, if your not smart enough to understand what i was saying i dought you would even know what it was with out the blocking.

What i have been against is someone posting some thing like (The DLL is a much better patch than the host file ). and some forum admin editing it to some thing like ( I'm lame i think the host file is great but i still use the DLL). That is what i call censorship at its worse. And will not stand for.
 If this site starts don't that as vladds did ill do every thing i can posting of other forums to point them out. But ill not be upset if this site or any site protects its users from haveing their personal info posted for all to see.There are under age users on mx and this site that to tend to piss people off and i may agree that they should have their asses kicked i don't agree with their personal info being posted all over the net.We all have started many threads on this forum saying that the vladd44 forum edits post on their forum and how much we hated that and that they posted personal info of underage users and we hated that.Now Two things we all have said we hated on other forums are the center of a argument here people saying the right to post such things should be protected? I dont get it it cant be wrong for one and right for the other to do can it ?
 Km i have been on your side for over a year now and i can say i at one time could not stand you but it came from info i received from another forum now i see the info was wrong.If you really care about the editing and keeping it in check i really think you staying a part of this forum would be the best way to insure that is kept in check.That way you would be in a better place to see if any editing is going on and can point it out to all of us.

And to those that want users personal info to be posted on a forum all i can say is you should have worked hard to help keep vladd44's forum on line. I don't see this forum getting in to editing post as they did but if they do I'm sure what ever happened to vladds forum could happen to winmxworld forum just as easy.

I feel there is much more to all this with Km , Ghost and me hear than just the stopping all the cussing and stopping personal info on this forum and i don't care to hear it just deal with it and stop all the infighting or you may find yourselves going the road of another forum that use to server the mx users.
Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Offline Scyre

• Forum Member
  • <Insert nothing here.>
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 11:29:50 pm »
Well said chuck :)

That is exactly how I feel. Protection of private information is essential. But as you said, the changing of the content or message or 'intent' will make any site the same as the others that we all look down on.

As long as we all can rely on this to be the best winmx site, as it always has been, I don't see where we will loose anyone. And if it is only cuss words and preventing people from posting personal info, then no one can really complain.

I think the thing that got everyone so stirred up was the idea that posts were just gonna start disappearing, and it sounds to me like that isn't a valid worry.

Chuck you also made a very good point which I will now plead with KM to consider:
The best place for you to be to ensure that we would all be informed of anything like that occuring is right where you have been.

Here.

And to QS and MH, I hope you understand that most of us are happy to be members here, and I don't think that anyone was trying to imply that you guys don't do an incredibly great service to the entire winmx community. On the contrary, you guys do such a good job, that most of us fear any change in how things are.

I think now that everyone is on the same page and understands that posts will only be altered as you both have described, a lot of concerns have been put to rest.

I think I speak for several thousand people when I say thank you to KM, QS, and MH for all the dedication you each have shown, and you have all made it possible for this great community to not only survive, but to flourish. And even that doesn't sum up the entirety of what you have done. I know that a lot of times it may seem that it is a thankless effort, since 90% of what you face is questions and complaints on things not working perfectly (With the wide variety of user understanding, and machines, and network settings), And there has not ever been a day that we have all made you breakfast in bed.

But know that there are a LOT of people out here who appreciate the **** out of you guys.

Best Regards, and Be Good!
Scyre
A cat will almost always blink when hit with a hammer.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 01:36:20 am »
Free speech is not defined as abuse and swearing, your moral standards seem rather different Stripes compared to ours.

uh no.... this is why sites like godhatesfags.com and neo-nazi, white supremist, etc sites are allowed to exsist.... its called constitutionally protected free speech .. it has nothing to do with 'moral standards' ... grated its ugly... but from the legal standing thats what free speech means...

curious... it states 'free speech on winmx matters' ... yet i see you've posted articles regarding limewire testing new bittorrent features...

...so is it 'free speech on winmx matters' or is it 'free speech' .... please clarify...

my suggestion; 'free speech regarding p2p matters' .. since obviously things other than winmx are discussed yet the common (legal) definition of free speech apparently 'does not apply'

Btw I thought you said if our site policy was as it is you would leave ?

im waiting for a response from me_here... i would prefer if she answered questions asked of her - herself rather than someone else do the job...

also... my take on site policy was that it was going to change drastically from what it was... not what it is.... because obviously... changes are taking place... its the 'under the rug' new site policy that im not liking the sound of.... and if its enough to make KM leave then its enough to make me worry a bit...

...The bottom line is this folks ,if you dont have trust in those trying to keep the site clean for all users...

obviously KM doesnt trust you so whats to convince me to trust you? (honest question)

-KM-

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2006, 02:02:09 am »
Well, as you've correctly figured out the issue of post editing was the final in a long list of issues recently, and was the one that finally resulted in my resignation, and this time it's final.

Things have been gradually degrading and the mst recent of thos issues was the edit policy starting to get more, erm, "lax" - nowhere near what certain sites do with full censorship, however the fact that the issue only recently came up does show that it is not some ongoing policy that's always applied. I have myself edited a post where someone psted someones name, address, telephone number, and said to phone and wake them up at 4am or some such comment. However there is always a point where a line is drawn, and that line has been moved (as you can tell from the fact that editing guest posts has been broken for a long time and it has not previously caused problems)

I won't bother you with the full details of every single conversation (all of which have resulted in some form of argument) for the last few weeks, but it has just been endless.

Since the last time they went offline due to their connection being cut off nothing has been the same, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have noticed it either. I tried to get things back going again with an idea of redoing the entire site, a new site layout, all of the content redone, including some extra things like allowing more people access to the site editor - partly to get the site looking better, partly to get the site content/navigability better for users, and partly to get something going again with them 2 - but when the response to asking for some design ideas for a new look was getting sent a screen shot of the current look it was clear what a complete waste of time anything is

as has been made clear they can't be bothered with it, so i can't be bothered with it... leave them to it, it is after all their site and i was merely tech support so why should i care? i did care about making things better for users, but that clearly is never going to happen on winmxworld

i should also point out that for quite a while (yes i know it sounds sad...) winmx has pretty much been the main thing in my life (considering the whole not having a job or anything...), and that has mostly been in relation to winmxworld - so although the initial post in this thread was written in direct response to finally getting pissed off for the last time, the overall reasons for it are not directly related and more of a compounded thing, and this was not an easy decision to make and did get a lot of thought - the fact that i attempted to resign several weeks ago but didn't quite follow through with it should make that clear enough

basically there is no point in me having anything more to do with winmxworld and attempting to try and carry on as things were would not only have been pointless but would have just ended up with things getting worse, so i have made the decision to do the only thing that was left and leave winmxworld

as for other things winmx related, well, as i mentioned most of my winmx related activity has been in some way linked with winmxworld so we will have to see what happens - currently i do plan to continue with winmxgroup as it was (although with no input from quicks/ghost as after his comments both in public and private i decided it was best to block him) and do hope to resume some development shortly (as you know i scrapped the 3.1 betas, but do have a revised plan for an update), other winmx related stuff, well, who knows? I've spent the last few days working on some of the winmxgroup operational stuff - the updated cache checker page and bug fixes in the public cache being the only outward signs of activity but a lot of work has also been done on the back end - but as i said we'll have to see what happens there. the only thing i can promise you is that in the event that i do ever completely leave winmx i will leave winmxgroup (along with detailed instructions... lol) with someone who can keep things operational

also anyone wondering about the time/date of the original post, no i actually didn't drink much at all ;-) and the reason for the post being then is quite simple, i had a 40 minute walk on the way to the club thinking about it, then a 40 minute walk back home thinking again (i had made the decision prior to reading the post that is quoted there) and i had decided not to post it earlier to allow more time to think it through in case i changed my mind about it again

on the plus side, last i heard editing guest posts is broken and winmxworld recently lost their only "tech support" person who can edit posts, so they only have the choice to either delete a post or not delete it, so you shouldn't have to worry about guest posts getting edited for a while... at least until they figure out what the solution is anyway (no that's not the reason i'm posting as a guest, i locked myself out of my account and due to having resigned i can't just go and fix it like i normally do when i do that... DOH)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 02:44:59 am »
Stripes gather youself a set of specs, there has been no change in site policy.

Can I make one thing clear to you, this site is not a US operated site, there are no constitutuinal rights and US morals are not global morals, thats common sense to most folks.
As I have previously posted if you feel that abuse and swearing equate to free speech your not the kind of user this site was set up for and you will be no loss to it.

*yawn*@KM  :roll:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2006, 05:06:55 am »
Stripes gather youself a set of specs, there has been no change in site policy.

...yet... but obviously something is going on...

US morals are not global morals

granted... but im talking about laws... not morals (what part of that did you not catch last time?)

this site is not a US operated site

it routes through germany but the next hop is ... well... untraceable... so would you like to educate me in the legal not "moral" definition of 'free speech' in the country in which this is operated?  (i say legal because "moral" is fluid and subject to interpretation)

*yawn*@KM

your (WMWlds) loss IMO

As I have previously posted if you feel that abuse and swearing equate to free speech your not the kind of user this site was set up for and you will be no loss to it.

'abuse' in the sense of posting personal information no... 'abuse' as in the personal opinion one has of another yes... and 'swearing' are just words; i fail to see any logic as to why they arent free speech except for the sensitivities of a few prudes...

...The bottom line is this folks ,if you dont have trust in those trying to keep the site clean for all users...

obviously KM doesnt trust you so whats to convince me to trust you? (honest question)

you never answered that question....

your not the kind of user this site was set up for and you will be no loss to it.

since this place is turning into another v44.com i only care to stay long enough to get through this thread... (which i will stick with till you answer the questions)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 08:15:43 am »
since this place is turning into another v44.com i only care to stay long enough to get through this thread... (which i will stick with till you answer the questions)

And you seem to be becoming another nobby.....

When you invite someone to your house for a stay and say to them," You can do whatever you want."
Some assumed conditions are that
1.> You are not allowed to burn the house
2.> You are not allowed to steal my things
3.> You are not allowed to deface it.
(++ many more of which I cannot think of)

All these things will fit into "Do whatever you want" but these are assumed to be conditions which are to understoood without telling. It's a part of what makes us normal people.

When people swear
1.> there must be a good reason (No one is going to ask why you swore, but one must be able to make out why you did)
2.> It must not offend others
3.> It must not be used in excess.

Iron monkey's case is where he voilated condition 2 and 3.
Hence it the edit must have been there, which the admins cannot.
Also, these are the only few rare cases where the need has arised.

Chuck and Sycre were against it too, but when they realised what was being edited, they don't seem to be that muxh against it.
I would also like to quote chuck's point here (a very very good one)

Quote from:  chuck
If you really care about the editing and keeping it in check i really think you staying a part of this forum would be the best way to insure that is kept in check.That way you would be in a better place to see if any editing is going on and can point it out to all of us.

Users like you can be the best judge about this, if you feel things are getting out of hand, then you can always contact quicks or Me Here.

Free speech also carries the responsiblity of what is being said. You must not abuse it. Iron monkey did. Note that
he is not being banned
Muted,
his post was not deleted.
Plus all the edit want to do is make the words as me here has said.
If this is vladd's censorship, then perhaps, you need to think again

Also, let me ask you, in those posts that me here quoted,
where were the words removed?
where was the meaning altered?
What was the si big unpardonable edit that Me Here wanted to make?

Also, if someone else answers on behalf of another, there is nothing wrong unless the person objects to it.

The main reasons people were alarmed was becase of the words:

censorship
edit
dissappear

I request all of you to read these posts again and see what in reality is being changed

Cheers :P

*Edit (Sam) Many typos
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 08:36:01 am »
RE Stripes :

Enjoy the wait, you are both rude and illogical, whilst you may feel that your demands and thats what they are, must be met, I dont see why I should make any further statements regarding this matter.

You have been informed now more that twice that there has been no change in site policy, I,m not responsible for your failure to grasp this fact.

I have spent a considerable time doing a lot of work for the community and the bottom line is I havent seen you do anything, when that changes I may acceed to your demands but until then I feel your stance is pointless and a waste of my time which may I point out is responsible for over half the tutorials on this site and the majority of posts, I have earned the right to some respect, and frankly if you feel unable to bring good will when discussing matters with me then I feel insulted and loath to reply.

Lets be realistic, KM is angry and making comment on whatever he says is likely to lead no where, you understand that I hope.
There is always going to be times when the full story will not appear in public for one reason or another, this is one of those times, nothing is being gained by the exercise of your free speech if it damages matters further for the community, you have stated your position and it seems no different to my own with the proviso of keeping the place free of foul language, there is no more juice in this particuar orange Stripes.

Had the tone of your posts been more neutral I,m sure you would be going away now fully happy with the well rounded answers given to you, whilst you seek to engage us in pointless conflict there can be nothing gained for either of us or the community, your views are extremist in my opinion and not representative of the majority of winmx users.

Please think this over before replying, I have taken you opinion on board, your point is made, my point is made, anything further than this is not likely to lead anywhere.

Not a Bug Fan

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2006, 01:13:02 pm »
the single example that Me_Here pointed out Stripes was by Nobby and his point was invalid because we have always made it clear that this is a winmx site first and foremost, rambling and imflamatory speech on anything non winmx or just lame abuse is not acceptable.

Bughunter Wrote:

- poor sad pathetic little loosers
- idiot
- two morons
- 2 maggots down
- just another lie in a litenay of lies orchastrated by scammers liers and anti winmx people
- what shit is he dribbling
- if nobass and unique want to crawl up vladds ass
- maggot
- that parasite called vladd
- pie maggot
- braindead maggot
- DEATH TO THE FUCKING PIE MAGGOTS
- maggot if you dont like it fuck off
- get ya fucking act sorted out
- vladd is a right fucktard
- your just a maggot
- more lies and excuses for being a sack of shit

[quote author=GhostShip link=topic=3664.msg22162#msg22162 date=1164011690
Thats what this comes down to, either you think Me_here and myself are correct in trying to ensure access for those who dont want to read abusive posts when they require winmx information for themselves or you feel swearing and abuse are more important , we are a winmx help site and we do not class abuse of others as free speech, thats our policy and we intend to stay with it.
[/quote]

Exellent, im sure to avoid adding Hypocrasy to censorship you will be quick to ensure the foul mouthed and abusive Bughunter banned. I would have liked to have quoted some more from Bug, but the thread where he really let loose was "hidden" from public view, or as KM might say, censored.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 01:22:44 pm »
Nobby If you had bothered to read the whole of this thread you would be fully aware that its not possible for me to edit Bugs posts, but hey when does the truth ever worry you when there are cheap points to be scored ?

I notice you have been making yourself scarce since vladd decided to leave winmx (again) , I hope now he has done so publicly you will take a more active role in matters that reflect reality and not dogma

Hmm wait on are you not the same Nobby who banned myself, KM and Me_Here from a site because we refused to endorse pie policy and demanded answers to some poor decisions affecting the entire community ?.
I suggest you be more honest with the users before pretending you support free speech all the while supporting the removal or context editing of entire posts from vladds site because the pie mafia wont answer users truthfully.

As KM has pointed out himself this issue is just an excuse to part company, the fact that people are reading things into it is very worrying.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Official Announcement: I Am no longer part of WinMXWorld

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.011 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx