gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 19, 2024, 09:45:50 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Games  |  Rock Paper Scissors
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rock Paper Scissors  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Rock Paper Scissors
« on: December 02, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »
i have seen some long scripts of Rock Paper Scissors, but this is my shorter version
Code: [Select]
<config>
<command>
<in>!rps</in>
<out> this is the famous 'Rock-Paper-Scissors' Game: to play type...  #c5#!rock #c1#or #c2#!paper #c1#or #c10#!scissors\n #c5#Rock #c1#beats #c10#Scissors  Scissors #c1#beats #c2#Paper  Paper #c1#beats #c5#Rock </out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!rock</in>
<out type="push" extdata="rock">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out>$rock$</out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!paper</in>
<out type="push" extdata="paper">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out>$paper$</out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!scissors</in>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out>$scissors$</out>
</command>
 </config>

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Offline PenMax

• Forum Member
  • What if I make it?
Re: Rock Paper Scissors
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I"M ANGRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have seen some long scripts of Rock Paper Scissors, but this is my shorter version
<config>
<command>
<in>!rps</in>
<out> this is the famous 'Rock-Paper-Scissors' Game: to play type... #c5#!rock #c1#or #c2#!paper #c1#or #c10#!scissors\n #c5#Rock #c1#beats #c10#Scissors Scissors #c1#beats #c2#Paper Paper #c1#beats #c5#Rock </out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!rock</in>
<out type="push" extdata="rock">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out type="push" extdata="rock" condition="==" lvalue=$rock$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out>$rock$</out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!paper</in>
<out type="push" extdata="paper">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="paper" condition="==" lvalue=$paper$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out>$paper$</out>
</command>

<command type="script">
<in>!scissors</in>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors">%RANDOMNUM[3]%</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=0> #c9#Rock! ... I WIN!!! ... I'm good lol.</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=1> #c9#Paper! ... YOU WIN!!! ... Congratulations!!!</out>
<out type="push" extdata="scissors" condition="==" lvalue=$scissors$ rvalue=2> #c9#Scissors! ... It's a DRAW!</out>
<out>$scissors$</out>
</command>
 </config>

Your Shorter Version!!!!  This is MY script!!!! 

REF: http://mxcontrol.sourceforge.net/index.php?showtopic=1516

SEE ALSO:

My recent development of this script in this here place, WinMX World!!!

REF: https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3933.0.html

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<|Á|>PenM@x<|Á|>

Movie-Music-Merlin<|Á|>_924DFE7C1A29 (FXS)
Movie-Music-Merlin<|Á|>_924DFE7C1A2A (WCS)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:07:46 pm »
Hi Pen

We do try hard to give metis scripts written the credit of the original writer, however, after reading from the link below you have posted this:

Quote from: PenMax
:roll: I guess all babies look alike, but in the end we like our own best ... and then we watch them grow into markedly differentiated individuals ... blah ... blah ...

As you rightly point out on the MXControl thread, there are differences in scripts written and there ARE differences in the one posted above and yours from MXControl.  Besides the fact that Max neither claims credit of the script, nor are you or he the Original writers of this game, simply these are variations of the original.  And we're happy to have them posted here. 

To be blunt PenMax we appreciate your scripts and variations as we do Max's variations and originals.. I cant very well see the problem here and for the record these are the types of posts that I have seen on MXControl and the bickering wont be tolerated here.  What you have to think about here Pen is that yes your script is great, its different from the original and has its uses.. so are Max's posts and anyone else that posts scripts.  No one is trying to steal your thunder here Pen and I hope you see that.. no one is threatening your hard work or taking credit for your work... So please lets try to remain more tolerant of each other and enjoy each others accomplishments..  :wink:

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 07:22:01 pm »
MeHere is right Pen, these games are meant to be enjoyed by all and I can't see anything wrong with someone - whoever - making their own version of a script.

This is not a competition or a copyright board, we're merely trying to collect scripts here for people to have fun.
Why didn't you just point it out that you wrote another version of that script?

We certainly respect the authors of all these scripts and try to give credit where it's due but this is about enjoying the stuff people have come up with, not about bickering who wrote what and when.

So why don't you just enjoy the fact that someone else thought your script was good enough to simply copy and fit to their own needs instead of writing their own?

LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline PenMax

• Forum Member
  • What if I make it?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 07:34:03 pm »
MeHere ... Well now that you've two put it that way ... I'll pull my horns in.  :( 

By the way, has anyone got any knowhow/experience getting Metis-parametered-XML to RANK players by their score in that progressive way that is exemplified in Trivia??  Thatz the only thing I want to add to my RPS scripting now to finish it off in my eyes.  
<|Á|>PenM@x<|Á|>

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 07:42:13 pm »
No Problem PenMax,

The main idea of posting scripts here and art is to allow others to see your work, your variations, and any improvements.. but most of all to make sure that they dont only exist in one place .. keeping the eggs in one basket so to speak.

So my goal is to have folks read, learn, help each other and most of all enjoy them for many years to come.. I wish you luck with the script your working on Ive been watching (from afar as i dont do scripts.. lol) and waiting for you to finish it to post in the Other Scripts section for the world to enjoy, as I know you'll get it eventually.

:wink:

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:08:24 pm »
I only got one thing to add:

There's room enough in this board for any variation of a script, so if you like to post your own version obviously this is the place :-)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 08:46:29 pm »
To do that pen max you should into the banker script. its abit compicated at first but that saves names to one txt file with their scores. It doesnt put them in highest score order and to be honest to do that would take a hell of alot of scripting but if you get the banker script to work with the game it would be simple to make a script to read and display the text file in the room of everyones scores or it would be even easyer to make it scan for a name threw the list for just your score. I can give you too exaples of how to scan the text file

<command type="script">
<in> websearch</in>
<out type="push" extdata="directory">E:\Program Files\RoboMX\Plugins\txt</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchlinkline">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="displayline">0</out>
<out>/opmsg Your Results</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchline"><operator type="readfile" nvalue="$directory$\Grabbed.txt" lvalue="l" rvalue="$searchlinkline$"/></out>
<out type="push" extdata="displayline" condition="?" lvalue="$searchline$"><operator type="+" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out delay="800" condition="?" lvalue="$searchline$">/opmsg ($displayline$) $searchline$</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchlinkline"><operator type="+" lvalue="$searchlinkline$" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out type="goto" extdata="-4" condition="!=" lvalue="$searchline$" rvalue=""></out>
<out delay="1500" condition="!=" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="0">/opmsg End of list</out>
<out delay="1500" condition="==" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="0">/opmsg Sorry #c1#%NAME%#c51#, no matches</out>
</command>

The above will scan the whole file and display the file line by line in the room

<command type="script">
<in>!MyScore </in>
<out type="push" extdata="directory">E:\Program Files\RoboMX\Plugins\txt</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchlinkline">1</out>
<out type="push" extdata="displayline">0</out>
<out>/opmsg Your matches for %NAME%:-</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchline"><operator type="readfile" nvalue="$directory$\Logs.txt" lvalue="l" rvalue="$searchlinkline$"/></out>
<out type="push" extdata="displayline" condition="?" lvalue="$searchline$" rvalue="%NAME%"><operator type="+" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out delay="800" condition="?" lvalue="$searchline$" rvalue="%NAME%">/opmsg ($displayline$) $searchline$</out>
<out type="push" extdata="searchlinkline"><operator type="+" lvalue="$searchlinkline$" rvalue="1"/></out>
<out type="goto" extdata="-4" condition="!=" lvalue="$searchline$" rvalue=""></out>
<out delay="1500" condition="!=" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="0">/opmsg End of list</out>
<out delay="1500" condition="==" lvalue="$displayline$" rvalue="0">/opmsg Sorry not matches for your search</out>
</command>

An the above will scan threw the file for the activators name and display thier score
Hope this helps you  :wink:
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline PenMax

• Forum Member
  • What if I make it?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:05:33 pm »
Well I've DONE it!!

A HAPPY NEW YEAR PRESENT FOR ALL!!

!Rock-!Paper-!Scissors Game V.3 - Created by PenM@X

** Please CREDIT me/PenM@X/PenMax with any subsequent variation of whatever kind of this MY script!!

The product of a lot of time, hard work, focused concentration & focused thinking!!!

I've posted it here -

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=3975.0.html
<|Á|>PenM@x<|Á|>

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 03:51:48 pm »
PenMax, im sorry i didnt know you had a copyright on this script, i didnt realise i was stealing something when it is only remotely similar to all the other scripts, i will look for the © next time. sorry

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Games  |  Rock Paper Scissors

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx