gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 10:58:53 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  moar legal downloads
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: moar legal downloads  (Read 1711 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
moar legal downloads
« on: July 09, 2010, 06:02:17 am »
yet another place to get legal downloads... this time b flicks and tv shows that are in the public domain...

http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/

or for those who would rather settle down with a good (e)book;

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

one very effective way to fight the MAFIAA is to simply not have anything to do with their 'product' at all...

question for the admin; is there a better place to link this kinda stuff on this forum?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: moar legal downloads
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 08:51:16 am »
Perhaps its time we had a freeware and open src section that allows users to grab free content located by using its winmx hash and being shared by a few of us across the network, I have always wanted such a section but no one seemed interested enough to keep it rolling so I kind of keep throwing the idea on the back burner, any takers for content hunters and hashers ?

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 02:33:55 pm »
Perhaps its time we had a freeware and open src section that allows users to grab free content located by using its winmx hash and being shared by a few of us across the network, I have always wanted such a section but no one seemed interested enough to keep it rolling so I kind of keep throwing the idea on the back burner, any takers for content hunters and hashers ?

Or just offer a direct download link from the website archive where there are no queues... Why hassle people into having to figure out how to do hash searches and copy and paste.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 05:00:24 pm »
Why bother even being here eh Vice ?  :/

Most sites dont have all the freeware apps that are about and many disappear into a great big black hole and their wares along with them, often never to be seen again but much lamented :(

Theres this guy who I wont name, once he lost some stuff that he made and shared and was able to regain all the lost apps from those he shared them with, what site is it that you know of that has at least ten thousand terrabytes of files online at any time as you can get on WinMX anyway ?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:47:06 pm »
Theres this guy who I wont name, once he lost some stuff that he made and shared and was able to regain all the lost apps from those he shared them wit

hehehe :D

On the actual topic. I think this is a good idea and I've made a simple script today that if a list were to be compiled of some legal files then rooms could put this script in there room and view the list, search the list and the hashes would be "double click" to copy enabled for easy pasting to the search system in WinMX.

I've already made the script, it works but if a list could be made and hosted somewhere I can finish some of the final specifics and release it.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:34:02 pm »
the mxhashish app is a bit befuddling... do i use the 64bit hash? (readme says that 3.53 needs it but it also claims 3.53 can do files over 4gig.. and the 64bit hash seems abnormally long..)

are there any other file to hash apps?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 07:35:51 pm »
erm... nvm.. mx itself can do file to hash :P

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:54 pm »
There's a tool here by String that does the job too, the "2" version was released in only Italian unfortunately so grab the original version, and for those of you that want to learn the src is available also from the same directory.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/String/MxHash/

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 06:38:19 pm »
i got hashish to play nice (as i could get it to anyway)  and create me a CSV file dump of around 300 creative commons files + hashes... it needs to be cleaned of the readme.txts for the jamendo site (they are redundant and the metadata of the media files contains the data needed to find the artist and site and verify what type of cc licence was applied) but basically it has quite a bit of data... ..much of which needs to be sorted out... ...and more added... ugh...

Pri... if you are serious about that PD/CC script what format is its database in?

PS.. i rebuilt my windows box so im kinda starting over again on the software side of things... yay...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 04:12:22 am »
The script will support basic text files. One hash per line. But depending on how you want to host the hashes (for example on a web server) I can have Metis browse them from a site or what-not. Whatever is easiest for you I can work around that :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  moar legal downloads

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx