gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:18:51 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Newbie question: Transfer Status: 100 in queue (0 of 0 available)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie question: Transfer Status: 100 in queue (0 of 0 available)  (Read 3958 times)

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
I'm a new user of Winmx (only for just over a week now) and wonder what this means:

Reported by WinMX Peer Network remote host
Time/date of report: Thu Oct 07 19:17:26 2010
User Name:
Connection Type: T3+
Files shared: 2955
Elapsed time online: 57:24:11
Transfer Status:  100 in queue (0 of 0 available)

I left out the user name. Transfer Status: 0 of 0 available, thus this mean that this user is telling us he/she is sharing 2955 files but nobody can download from him/her??
Whois shows also a lot of users who only have n of 1 or 2 available. Where n = 1 or 2 or -1. Thus that mean they only upload to 1 or 2 others??

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: Newbie question: Transfer Status: 100 in queue (0 of 0 available)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:41:08 pm »
When it says 0of0 or -1 or -2 it means they are using what is known as the 0of0 hack. It basically modifies the WinMX upload queue to stop people being able to download from them. Users who use this will 99% of the time be using either Leechhammer or MXMonitor in conjunction with 0of0 so that they can automatically start other Leechhammer/mxm users and/or users of the chat room they are affiliated with.

You will probably get some highly negative 0of0 posts and some positive ones. It can be annoying for new users when this 0of0 stuff happens. My suggestion to you is to go to a room meet some folks and you'll get files quickly and of good quality.

Offline itsme

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 05:45:53 pm »
Thanks, this clears it up a bit.

So when a users shows up with 0of0 I can wait forever and never get the file from them. Right??

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »
That is correct. You can private message them and ask them for a start but they will more than likely ignore it. People that use 0of0 are really trying to only share files with people they know, friends or people in the same chat rooms as them. So if you aren't in one of those categories it's unlikely you'll get started by someone running the 0of0 hack.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:38:12 pm »
My policy is to msg such folks if they are after a file from me and if they ignore me I take the file offline temporarily to thwart them, a filesharing network with no filesharing is sort of bad form  :/

Offline sharing sarah

• Forum Member
  • A Music & Movie Spectrum_F135E44219F6
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:23:18 pm »
I don't approve of the 0 - 0 hack. and will most times clear users using it from my Que, as that's what they are doing to me and everyone else by using the hack.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 10:15:22 pm »
I have found them in my queue too, if I run a whois and browse. Often, if I do queue for one of their files, I get a start if I give a start, likely cos they are using Moni, but theres plenty that dont...

Worse are the people with 100 slots open, and a fair few active downloaders, say, 40 or more, their available bandwidth is being shared by so many, the download only runs at a crawl, often less than 0.05kb. 0 of 0 users actually give a better completion rate!

Then, if I do find myself in the queue of a 0 of 0 user, I just right-click and select 'Find Sources Now' and waddaya know...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

flx 7595

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 03:14:23 am »
What about the ones that say (in green in default colors) "4 of 4 available" or "6 of 8 available" or (in brown) "1 of 1 available" - is this the same thing as the "0 of 0" - I'm new at this - but I notice that "queued" (in red) users ("5 in queue 0 of 3 available") are usually a better source to download from - and also to upload.

Am I doing something wrong? Should the "4 of 4 available" actually give me a download

Thanks

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 05:38:10 am »
4 of 4 available means the user has 4 slots and 4 of those slots are available. So yes you should be able to download from them without any problem.

if the user had 0 of 4 available that would mean the user had 4 total slots and none are available. You would enter the users queue and wait for one of those 4 slots to become available.

Flx7595

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 04:45:29 am »
Thanks for the info. To be honest, I have tried those "4 of 4 available" ones and in over a few months I have never been able to download anything. I get a message "Timed Out (Waiting For Network Reply)".  I tried 25 different ones - just as a test - to see if I would even get a download started. Nothing.

Then I tried a "red" - ("5 in queue 0 of 3 available") and got 2 of the 5 files I tried to download (2 are still pending, one said "File User Unavailable"

Can that "4 of 4 available" (which for some songs seems very prevalent) be some false file/user/bot?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:55:30 am »
If your using an older version of patch which doesn't block fake files from searches, yes it is possible to see
fake files, and not be able to download them. If your using WinMX Community Patch or MXPie United Patch
then fake files should not appear in searches. If your winmx does not say either of those up at the top and
to the left of the Ignored button, you should update your patch. You can update from the link below

https://patch.winmxconex.com/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Newbie question: Transfer Status: 100 in queue (0 of 0 available)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx