gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76777 Posts in 13503 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 20, 2024, 09:31:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Help Please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 17397 times)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
Re: Help Please
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 10:49:39 pm »
%NICK% shows i room as %NICK%
Iv'e tried %NAME% and %RAWNAME% and they display the same ?
Stevi you say "All that type of trivia information is located in the MXC.xml "
well i dont see any thing in my MXC refering to any of that
the only place i see it is in the INI file?

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:49 pm »
Ta Joshua for that bit of info
I just went to the archives here and downloaded test6
The mxc is totally different to what i had
But all i got was Metis.cmh, Metis.rx2 and MXC.xml
Now what Bot do i need for them to work in please
Soory if i'm sounding dim but i want to get this right

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 11:40:07 pm »
well first of all i don t see a way to check if it 's really test6 i use but i do think it is (keep in mind it is not modified by any third party to correct some problems (many workarounds where used that are not needed in newer rewritten version by Bide&Musique), so newer scripts may function differently

also keep in mind this is NOT what you saw working in my room a long time ago, i never used metis trivia!

the robo version i have running for this metis (i hope it s really test 6) is 208a1 extreme edition ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2010, 09:05:37 pm »
There seems to be 2 types of metis that can play trivia
1 uses Metis.r2x    which reckognises %NAME% as a short name but it does NOT enable hints for the game
The othe uses Trivia.r2x which makes %NAME% as a long name but DOES enable hints
how daft is that...why couldnt it have been done to work the same  :lol:

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 11:39:04 pm »
you are mixing it all up Gypsy lol

there is metis with trivia options ....and there is a trivia pluggin for robomx (wich does NOT like working together with metis in the same robomx)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 12:34:02 pm »
Could you tell me the actual name of the trivia plugin so i canremove it please Joshua
all i want it metis with trivia options

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
if you look at the wrap you ll see exactly what files it includes ... a wild guess from me would be would be trivia.r2x and trivia.ini ;)

r2x would be the plugin and ini would be the config

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 01:44:46 pm »
Okies i can see them there
if i wanted to do any customizing would i do it in the Trivi.ini config

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 12:57:23 am »
What it boils down to is they BOTH read differently
SO there is a NO win situation...SHAME

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 01:45:55 am »
I don t know about winning the questions out there are usually verry hard for me  :nerd: (just kidding)

it's quite simple Gypsy allyou have to do is know what you want exactly and take a look at what tool can come close to that, i don t want to make it harder for you but there's even a Zenar trivia out there i think ...so there's alot of options to pick from

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 11:25:11 pm »
Hmmm
i did look and both have good points and bad....i know what i mean
Shame they couldnt have been combined..and again i know what i mean....yet cant explain grrr

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »
Okies is the some sort of code for Metis that will remove/trim the numbers after the user name ?
I know the server can do it but it doesnt do it with the trivia game

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »
Any advice here please as in my bot i am using %NAME%
and it dont trim numbers away infact it displays this

<gypsyroadhog> blondie
<Trivia> gypsyroadhog352_41869  Answered Correctly [ blondie ]
               [ gypsyroadhog352_41869 Now Has 460 Point/s ]

and the ini.
is as

; Message displayed when a user gives the correct answer
Correct=%NAME%  #c8#Answered Correctly #c16#[ #c10#%ANS%#c16# ]#NEWLINE#              #c59#[ %NAME% Now Has#c2# %SCORE% Point/s #c59#]#NEWLINE##NEWLINE##NEWLINE#

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:21 pm »
ok well lets get a few things straight first

am i correct to say you are no longer talking about metis?? if so you should not be posting the questions in this metis section ...it confuses not only yourself  :whistle:

if what i say above is right then yes the trivia pluggin 1.1 does exactly that ... exept where it reads from the rx2 file like in ranking (in ranking it shows the first 3 numbers of the id)

also to beat you to a new question ... !removegamemaster does not work and needs fixing  :yes:

i must admit it cost me alot of frowns firing this old beast up again to see what it does exactly ...but once it runs it's a lovely toy .. beats metis trivia imho  :)

PS you might want to try running it without a config file? i m not sure what happens then ..i have not tested .. but maybe it will read everything from the rx2 file then????????????? (i dunnow ...just a thought!)

how important is a few numbers anyway?  :sleepy:

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 12:01:26 am »
Ta will try Josh

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 12:04:56 am »
Poblem is i dunnow if it will run or just create a new config file .. like i said it s just a guess

if it would run from default settings in r2x you can t reconfigure the text/settings ...hmmmmm oohwell  :no:

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 02:31:17 pm »
The reason i wanted the numbers to be ignored is for my scoring system
whenever some1 returns their end numbers are different so their scores dont add
to their last visit as it creates a new file once game is over
not really sure what you meant by.....you should not be posting the questions in this metis section
and thanks for trying to help Josh  :yes:

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 05:39:25 pm »
not really sure what you meant by.....you should not be posting the questions in this metis section

What i meant is.. robomx with trivia pluggin is not metis   :D

it looses scores after restart completely too anyway (it tracks renames though, even a room rename if i m not mistaking) and to name a few other downsides ...the non working removegamemaster bug ...it crashes if game is paused a few minutes ... the config does n t seem to read the default setting for hints and makes you always having to enable them (it does n t read yes, true or 1)

Offline gypsyroadhog

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »
I understand that Josh thanks
I dont know what mine is then as it says  Metis 2.8 with Trivia.r2x in the Plugin
could you shed some light on where to get the proper ting please...as its starting to get confusing
All i want is a bot that plays trivia...gives hints and gives players name as a short name

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »
it is quite confusing and since MXXcontrol is unreachable (even for read only access) it s hard to read back in time for info

i asume the robo you use is ok, you just can not run both pluggins together, if you ld start both of them you can expect crashes

the problem is that you want the best features of both, does n't rockefellarskank know the answers? i think you know him allready  :)

Edit: .. i don t know of a metis script doing hints but it should be possible to create i think, then you would also have the Score Store feature and the shorter names too i guess ??

anduhh does the trivia pluggin really loose scores if the game stops and starts another series?? i m not sure but i think it remembered upto restart the full client or a reset score command

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Metis Scripts and Help  |  Metis Script Help  |  Help Please

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx