gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:53:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Seen a dusty PC recently
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Seen a dusty PC recently  (Read 1272 times)

Seen a dusty PC recently
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:41 pm »

Offline Max™

• MX Hosts
  • If Im Not Back later... Wait Longer
    • Maxtech
Re: Seen a dusty PC recently
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 12:34:50 pm »
oh my god,
its amazing how bad they get,
one of them looked like a fury creature lived in it.

Try Connecting, the attacks may let you  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »
Wow,

I feel dirty just looking at that lol

:sick:

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »
Dreams of large tanks of compressed air...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 01:00:44 pm »
actually... most of these need a vacuum cleaner... its past the 'compressed air' phase.... sides i wouldnt want to breathe that... you?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »
i do it outdoors, Stripes, ol' chum...
watched many an ex-pc case dust cloud carried off on a summer breeze, even from cases that had been vacuumed

I'm talkin industrial-strength compressed air...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »
problem with air compressors is the moisture they tend to gather... worries me into not using it....

but i dont let my computers get like this .... and neither should anyone else...

those without hepa/allergy filters in their home should give their pcs a few bursts of 'canned air' every 3 months.... those with filters can stretch those cleaning intervals a bit longer but not by much.... those with indoor pets (esp cats!) ... do it about once a month...

@bluey; im not talking a regular vacuum cleaner either ;) ... kirby, dyson, high amperage 'shop vac' ... the kind of cleaners that hurt when the hose grabs your fingers... ;) ... after that 'canned air' is all thats needed to get the spots the vacuum missed...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »
I've seen worse than this before surprisingly. People that smoke at their computer usually have the worst gunk inside. I've seen Mac Pro towers with smokers gunk that literally looked like tobacco as if someone had taken 12 packets of tobacco and stuffed it in to the computer in every heatsink and grill. It even smelt and felt like real tobacco just a very poor quality version, it had mixed with the dust and turned everything brown stained the aluminum so bad that only hard scrubbing with washing liquid could remove it.

How old was that Mac Pro? 1.2 Years. The system still 'worked' before the clean out but the temperatures were borderline and it sounded incredibly loud due to how fast the operating system was making the fans run.

If you are a smoker, don't do it at your computer, unless you want to get a good look at what that smoke is doing to your lungs in which case smoke at your PC for a year then open it up and get scared in to quitting.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 03:58:46 am »
last time a smoker gave me a pc i dismantled it and stuck it in the dishwasher... top rack only for the mobo and cards... i tossed the case and psu... (yes the computer still worked... and was nice and clean)

do NOT do the 'dishwasher' method on a computer you are repairing for someone... or a computer that cost more than... free...

If you are a smoker, don't do it at your computer, unless you want to get a good look at what that smoke is doing to your lungs in which case smoke at your PC for a year then open it up and get scared in to quitting.

^--- very that... its bad for you (your kids, pets, loved one, anyone else you are around...) mmmkay? the smokers computer owner died not too long after they gave me the computer.... ....of lung cancer... no BS... true story...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  Seen a dusty PC recently

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx