gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 04:31:55 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Hello and maybe goodbye
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hello and maybe goodbye  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Fish Face

• Forum Member
Hello and maybe goodbye
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:47:41 pm »
Hi there,

I don't think I've ever been on this forum before, I started using WinMX after Lars et al took out Napster back in about 2001. I've never said anything because I've never had any problems before.  I moved out from England to Croatia in 2004 and the network here is appalling, to say the least. Traffic often grinds to a halt, the network just dies regularly. Downloads take months, if not years because I never seem to find a stable connection and drop to the end of people's lists constantly. But I'm patient. I'm using MX Moni and that *should* keep people happy without me constantly monitoring things.

However.

Why am I suddenly getting so much abuse? I've had the odd retard on there in the years I've been using WinMX (I can swear in French now!) but suddenly everyone's calling me a leech, a hog and goodness knows what else - I'm sharing almost 1TB and have far more upstream than down, and it's not that people can't browse me; they just have no patience with my ISP and abuse me because their download has dropped. Finally this evening someone had a go at me because my WInMX queued up two files on them. **TWO FILES**!!! Oooh, I am evil!!! What a 'tard!

I don't want to give up on WinMX after almost 10 years but I just don't understand where all the morons are coming from.

I'll go off in a huff now and try to find something that isn't full of morons. I'll probably fail and give up on the whole thing entirely.

This rant has been brought to you by..

Steve.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: Hello and maybe goodbye
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:02:12 pm »
Ahhh, Fish, I have seen you around, come take refuge in our chat room, find some sanity, and maybe even help to cope with your crummy connection

As for the no-sharing morons, we all suffer them, i  think many think MX is like other p2p, just take, take, take, and no uploads, even manually started

I have noted lately many many who wont start you at all, even using Moni, they dont set autostarts
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:04:26 pm »
The Imbecile that had a go at you about queing two files obviously does not know how Autofind works, probably one of those kind with more rules than the US government, I have met a few on here...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:41:25 pm »
i disabled PMs a long time ago after being cussed out for sharing a rather large collection of ogg vorbis encoded creative commons files....

think they would be happy to download something completely legal...

and welcome to the world of how 'social' p2p network users treat you when you have a slow and or flaky connect ;)

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 08:47:40 am »
Hi Steve come to TV & Movies - Renegades on the WINMX network and we will see you are alright for files. We don't do trades for files people just get what they want when they want. We have dedicated servers that are free for all to use and you are more than welcome to visit our room to get the files you need without hassle. We also have a lot of custom written software which will make finding the files you want easier.

Hope to see you there!

Best regards

- Pri

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Hello and maybe goodbye

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx