gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 10:35:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploading and downloading issues (new)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Uploading and downloading issues (new)  (Read 16637 times)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
Re: Uploading and downloading issues (new)
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:15 pm »
Also are there better ports i should be trying instead of the programs default ones?

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 01:22:58 am »
Ok, the only thing I could think of I tried and that's the only thing I changed. I actually had to manually allow winmx through Norton. Once I did that people could upload from me again. Hopefully I'll be able to download as well. I'll let you all know. Thanks.

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:39 am »
Ok, here's the update. I can download from some, but not from others. Even though they claim to have slots available. Would this still be an issue on my end? Even though people can now download from me and me from some of them?  Thanks.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:22 am »
Its not always possible to connect to every user on the wpn as some are throttled by their internet service provider and obviously others by misconfiguration, this is why following the simple advice here is the best path to ensuring your end is set us as best it can be

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/winmx_obstacle_course.html

The final and best peice of advice is to visit the help room as folks can help you guage if the problem is locally with you or with the other user by undertaking a test transfer with you, if your router and firewall are set up fine theres really no reason to assume any further problems are your end, also remember you can join an open nap server for a great source of files by following the advice here

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/opennap.html

Please give those two links a quick browse and hopefully you,ll be up and running and not having to work too hard to grab the files you want.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
an interesting quirk ive found with winmx is when you get the results for your search, right click the users that report 3 of 3 available and click 'whois' ...  if it  shows that they have more than 100 in queue and that they have 0 of 3 slots available then its a goof in winmx... the person you found most likely does have 3 slots open just that they are all in use and users have queued beyond the 100 mark causing winmx to get very confused...

if whois doesnt work... then the link between you and that user wont be able to be made or will be glitchy....

either way it will save frustration...

'ping onscreen results' is a handy button to use as well.... but its not as reliable as the ping may not return from a user that can be connected to...

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 09:32:01 pm »
I know the first steps work ok, since people can connect to me. So I tried the second article and it says public then the same number over and over again and 79 are enque. Now what? Otherwise it's just a waiting game again. Thanks.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »
if you mean 79 are in queue to get the WSX file then yes... its a waiting game...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 12:08:57 am »
As you can get the WSX from a website and import it there should be no waiting   :lol:

In case some of you are not aware of this feature, winmx automatically starts files under 32k in size bypassing the queing mechanism and as most WSX files are no bigger than this that means theres never any queing for it.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 12:32:01 am »
Regarding the 2 different IP addresses, the 'External' IP address, provided by your ISP, is akin to the street address of a block of apartments, while the 'Internal' IP address would be like the number of an individual apartment, with the router acting as the 'Concierge' of the apartment block, directing the mail to the correct apartment to reach you...

When you make an 'ipconfig' query from cmd, you are, in effect, looking at your door to see what is your apartment number
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline RUNT66

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 02:51:11 am »
WHAT  IS  THE  DIFFERENCE   BETWEEN  ;  NEED  MORE   SOURCES  ;    AND  ;   AWAITING  SOURCES  ;   ???

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 08:24:39 am »
winmx automatically starts files under 32k in size bypassing the queing mechanism

as someone who has waited in line to download ~20kb jpeg files before i doubt the size has anything to do with it... if this bypass does occur it would seem filetype (and possibly other factors such as uploader connection speed and if they are primary/secondary) would play a role in it as well....

WHAT  IS  THE  DIFFERENCE   BETWEEN  ;  NEED  MORE   SOURCES  ;    AND  ;   AWAITING  SOURCES  ;   ???

im not sure i fully understand your question but 'awaiting sources' would show when attempting to connect to found sources of a multisource download.... 'need more sources' i am unclear on what you mean.... i am not aware of such a message exsisting in the winmx application....

Offline RUNT66

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:07 am »
I  AM  USING  WINMX MUSIC  4.9.0    ;

AM  I  IN  THE  RIGHT  PLACE  ??

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 10:51:34 am »
this site has nothing to do with winmxmusic rant, winmxmusic is more a limewire clone.  If u want the real winmx go here  https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Valjean

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »
Your answer was just what I needed. It's made my day!

Offline RUNT66

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:11 am »
WHAT  ANSWER  IS  THAT  ?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 01:15:30 am »
@runt; i think 'Valjean' was a spammer as they 'glitched' the thread name with random characters.....

as for your answer 'winmx music' isnt the original winmx.... there is no winmx 4.9.0 ..... as taffy said the 'real' winmx can be had at  https://patch.winmxconex.com -- versions 3.53 and 3.54b4 are as new as it gets....

and please, turn off the capslock?

Offline RUNT66

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 10:10:45 pm »
ok gang  ,  i  have  3.54b4 ,  i  have   done  a  search  for  cher  and  have   1040  results  ;  problem  one ,  90  per  cent  of  the   results have  nothing  to  do  with  cher  ,  for  example  ,  owl  city -  fireflies.mp3  ;
     problem  2  ;
  70  per  cent  are  in  a  strange  script  ,  for  example , ffg)(&^#><.mp3  .

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 12:54:18 am »
Hi Runt66, please read this notice, it will explain the problem your seeing.

http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html

Offline RUNT66

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 10:06:46 pm »
yes  gang  ,   we  appear  to  have  won  the  battle  but  lost  the  war  ,

the  american  recording  industry  plays it  tough  and  hard  ,

pirate  limewire ,  frostwire  and  winmx 4.9.0  are  all  giving  close  to  100  per  cent  virus  results  ;

bearshare  is  the  best  way  to get  your songs  at  present  ;  for  some  reason , all  the  search results  seem  genuine  .

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:36 am »
All of the clients you mention that deliver virus filled results are gnutella network based and thus it makes sense for the cartel to hit that network as they get to annoy multiple clients for the price of one.

Old bearshare like winmx has a strong support crew who take care of it and have a few folks like "Arron Walkhouse" blocking the cartel after the original company was taken over by the cartels goons (Imesh), new versions (ver 6 and above) of bearshare are simply cartel company re-labelled junk  I urge no one to use the newer versions.

PS: In case its not clear to some of you WinMX 4.9.0 is nothing to do with winmx its some limewire knock off with a similar name and price tag for invisible support , there are many folks who get misled and ripped off off by such companies every year, make sure your not one of them.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploading and downloading issues (new)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx