gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:44:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploading and downloading issues (new)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Uploading and downloading issues (new)  (Read 16634 times)

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
Uploading and downloading issues (new)
« on: January 09, 2011, 08:50:08 pm »
Hey all, any help is appreciated.  For some reason, people can't seem to connect to me to download songs I'm sharing. Is this their connection issues or mine. I'm on xp with cable internet.  I also noticed when I try to download from a few users even though they have slots available(in the green) I can't connect to them. I'm not sure if these issues are through my error in some way or theirs.  Thanks again!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!  :hungry:

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
Re: Uploading and downloading issues (new)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:53:23 pm »
Also I don't know if anyone else gets this message. I have norton, and anytime I click on Winmx homepage it states there are at least 32 threats it recognizes, some are trojans.  Still love this help forum though. Been helpful in the past when I couldn't download vids and stuff.  Thanks.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 09:20:25 pm »
get rid of norton and get something like avast....

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »
Thanks, but I already paid for it for a year. Not about to do that. Still doesn't help with my downloading and uploading issues either.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:59:02 am »
hi curiousminds you say users can't download from you...does this mean every user? there are no successful downloads at all?
in the past were others able to download from you and just recently its become a problem?
are you running as secondary or primary?
can you confirm that your using the latest patch    winmx community patch 1.0
if your not you can download it here
have you ever forwarded ports for winmx?
how many computers share your connection in your home?
you also mention that you use norton, have you tried disabling norton to see if the problems still occur?

providing these details and any others that might seem relevant will help you get this sorted out faster :)

You could also join the help room on winmx for live help which might be easier for you
copy the this channelname        WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE
paste it into filter at the top of the channel list and click join
help isn't always readily available, but if you ask for assistance and stay patient somebody will gladly help the minute they see
your query for assistance.

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »
As far as I can tell. No one has been able to connect to me in quite a few months. Don't know why. I let it through my firewalls such as Norton. Have disabled the Windows firewall totally.  I do have a router which has let me connect to winmx and download from others as well.  I just can't seem to download from certain users even though they claim 3 out of 3 available slots in the green.  I do have the latest patch of 1.0.  2 computers are connected to our internet. Me on a wireless router, and one directly into the box.  Haven't tried diabling Norton, has I've had a few viruses as of late. So, since it's my only protection right now, I'd be afraid to try it.  Thanks. Hope this all helps.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »
the 3 of 3 you are seeing is a hack.. its the same as 0 of 0 and 6 of 6..... problem is 0 of 0 is the only one thats easy to spot...

you say you have 2 comps connected to the net... are both running winmx? you cant use the same set of ports on both...

does 'quite a few months' include both the time you have had norton and before? or did this start when you installed it?

has your isp changed anything that you are aware of?

is your isp in this list; http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs ?

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »
Nope, nothings changed and only one computer has the winmx program in it.  Norton's been on my system for years with no issues for downloading and such. I guess I just noticed it in the last few months.  I have emule and no one has problems connecting to me there. So not sure what is going on.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »
Even though windows firewall is disabled, it still has some effect, winmx must be allowed in it, and then close it...
Otherwise, it does sound as though your ports need to be forwarded, which will only be effective if you are also running a static IP on your internal LAN, and if the other 2 computers are started before yours, they CAN prevent yours connecting, so ideally all should run a static IP
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 11:08:34 pm »
I only have one other computer on our internet. It's connected directly to the box.  I have also used port forwarding for winmx. I can connect to it on secondary connection with no problems. So hope that helps more. Thanks.

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 03:15:56 am »
It does seem like though, anyone with a cable connection is what is the problem. I can't connect to them, or they to me.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:33 am »
change your ports to higher numbers... a simple way is to just add a 1 infront of the number....

change the ports for mx in your firewall and router and try again.....

not sure about this?  go to the helproom...

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »
Ok, finally figured out my ports aren't open for some reason. I tried port forwarding doesn't seem to work. Any help is great.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 12:14:01 am »
have u set up a static ip on 2nd pc and allowed it thru router

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 01:30:52 am »
My problem is I have 2 ip addresses. When I use winmx port checker it shows a different address than my computer does when I do a cmd prompt. I need to know how to correct this so winmx will work the way it should.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 08:50:41 am »
for Windows  XP follow the steps >>HERE<<

for Windows Vista follow the steps >>HERE<<

for Windows 7 follow the steps >>HERE<<

and i recommend the site in my signature to check winmx ports (portal page left side)

I hope this helps CuriousMinds ;)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:14:52 pm »
No, unfortunately that didn't help.  When I use the winmx port checker vs the start cmd I wind up with 2 different ip address. The winmx checker has the right address though. So why would it come up wrong in my computer? How to fix this so winmx will work properly.  I did get a dnschanger virus a couple of weeks ago but I fixed all that up. No problems.  This connection issue with wnmx is because the ports won't open for some reason. I thinks it's because of the conflicking ip addresses.

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »
An internal IP is the IP of each machine on your router the extarnal IP is what you see in the portchecker (the one that makes connection to the internet)

you should not just look at those steps but DO them on EACH machine connected ... then check your router for correct forwarding (internal ip's) ...then check if what you did was right with the portchecker (external IP)

I hope this clears up something more  ;)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:37 pm »
Here's my problem.  My ipcofig number is totally different than that of my online ip address. How is this possible? I'm sorry, I'm still not understanding this. I did those steps above and didn't need to change anything.  I don't use pfconfig as it's not free. Where my simple port forwarding is.  I need to know how to connect winmx ports to open up on my internet online ip address. 

Offline curiousminds

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:52 pm »
Also I have different programs running on ports. Even though the checker says all ports have failed. I've had no issues wth my other programs.  Just winmx.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Uploading and downloading issues (new)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx