gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 12:07:15 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft Prepping 17 Patches For 64 Holes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Microsoft Prepping 17 Patches For 64 Holes  (Read 885 times)

Offline DaBees-Knees

• WMW Team
Microsoft Prepping 17 Patches For 64 Holes
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:55 am »
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20051904-245.html?tag=cnetRiver

Microsoft will release 17 bulletins next week to fix 64 vulnerabilities across a swath of products including Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer, the company said in its Patch Tuesday preview.

Of the bulletins, nine are rated "critical" and eight are "important," the company said in a TechNet blog post today.

In addition to all versions of Windows; IE6, IE7, and IE8; numerous versions of Office for Windows and the Mac, affected software includes Visual Studio .NET and Visual C , according to the advisory.

"This month we'll be closing some issues that Microsoft has already previously spoken to, including the SMB Browser (Critical) issue publicly disclosed Feb. 15. Microsoft assessed the situation and reported that although the vulnerability could theoretically allow Remote Code Execution, that was extremely unlikely. To this day, we have seen no evidence of attacks," the company said in its blog post.

Remember all that hype that Windows 7 was much more secure than earlier operating systems? .......... It seems not.  8)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Microsoft Prepping 17 Patches For 64 Holes
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:40:54 am »
make a new lock someone else just makes a new pick....

17 patches?? ugh.... i hope they are small downloads...

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:18:48 am »
Yes, Silver Stripes Ugh.. I have 6 PC to update on home network which i get tired of doing.  Been feeling kinda lazy lately.
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:29 am »
if anyone out there used a tcp half-open fix for windows you'll need to reapply the fix after these....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Microsoft Prepping 17 Patches For 64 Holes

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx