gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 06:28:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Search Issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Search Issues  (Read 7013 times)

Offline lrockyb

• Forum Member
Search Issues
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:30:09 am »
I have been using Winmx for years with hubndreds of successful searches. Suddenly no matter what I type into the search engine, I get thousands of unrelated results. Has anyone else developed this problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: Search Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:47 am »
hi lrockyb, check out this thread, it should shed some light on the issue.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=10932.0/topicseen.html

Wayne

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:41:57 pm »
I just found the same problem.  I will be watching for a solution too.

Al

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
I am gatting all japanese text and also getting every thing in my search but what i typed in.

Al

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 04:14:18 am »
WinMx network is under attack by disgruntled users. Check out this thread for more information. http://winmxworld.com/tutorials/wpn_attack_information_.html
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline jmbrighton

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:02 am »
Hello – I’ve been using WINMX for many years and have several hard drives and computers running the programme, sharing thousands of files.
Unfortunately this is now becoming a pointless task. I realise that WINMX is under attack and did read a little while ago that people were working on this with a view of resolving the issue, as with many here I’ve been patient and waited for a resolve but nothing seems to have happened. Is a fix being developed?
Searching for files tends to throw up Japanese and other digits with little in common with the original search request. DL for myself is almost at a standstill although plenty can dl from me it seems.

Many of my friends whom I frequently traded with appear to have jumped ship and use other P2P services. In fact I’ve had to do so myself while remain on WINMX also. Unfortunately I will have to refrain from using WINMX myself soon as it continues to use bandwidth from me that I could use more successfully elsewhere.
I hope a fix is found before it is too late...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:26 pm »
fix is in the works but waiting for it feels about like watching paint dry...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 06:38:31 pm »
Things will always take longer when there are few folks prepared to actually help the community and those trying to help are opposed and abused by a few tens of malcontented liars bent on wasting those helpers time, its a real shame all of mx has to keep picking up the tab for such moronic characters and the rat like cowards who attack the network from the shadows because they are too scared to face the community.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 01:10:44 am »
In regards to jmbrighton's post above; I hope the protocols for the client / network are revamped! I'm really tired of all the leaches on the network!  I also share an extremely large amount of high quality files, but very rarely gets anything back in return from the network.  The long queue doesn't bother me at all, but the leachers that have no intent of sharing anything but expect to download from others all day does!  I don't want to see another torrent client, but I do want to see a new & improved WinMx.   I'm searching for some coders to help with this, but I have had no luck so far.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 01:20:06 am »
Stop the attacks, and let progress be continued!!  Help mode WinMx into a better client, but don't make everyone else suffer the consequences just because you are having a disagreement with one user on the network. That's just having a selfish personal agenda.

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 01:29:54 am »
I would like to say thank you to whoever is working hard to create a new patch to resolve our current predicament!! I wish there was something I could do to help!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:14 am »
Obviously we are all waiting with baited breath for the solution to reach final implementation stage, I see many folks angry, anxious and upset over these attacks but I think we all also see clearly those who are upset and angry are the real userbase, they actually care that they cant speak with their friends, WinMX users have faced dark times before and maybe will again but one thing is for sure we have always survived every attack thanks to our unyielding commitment to each other, that's something the attackers have underestimated, if you stand between friends you will find yourselves between a rock and a hard place.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »
ive had to..
[connecting.....]
had to put it on a shelf because
[reconnecting........]
it just plain doesnt work anymore... at least the
[reconnecting...................]
* Silver Stripes taps foot
[reconnecting.....................]
at least the wpn itself doesnt.... which is silly.... but if you pull the patch.... chat (youll need to get the list elsewhere) and nap works... (connect needs to be blinking yellow to join a room)

robo does a better job on the chat front tho... just make sure it doesnt connect to the wpn and chat should be jitter free (chat server dependant that is)

and lopster is vastly superior on nap....

...no seriously.... it doesnt work... as a secondary my shared list gets uploaded to a new primary every 30sec to 10min.... rather annoyingly noisy and ofc jumping on/off the wpn like that means browse and pm are 'difficult' at best....

* Silver Stripes meanders back to his old irc stomping grounds and watches the wmw forum for future developments... if any....

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 06:58:27 am »
Sigh *reconnecting.....server offline mode reconnecting........room falls............reconnecting.......kicks computer and growls............bangs head on keyboard...............starts crying and curses km............looks up at mxworld.....* This aint over yet i'm still here.
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

Offline playerdeb774

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 08:46:26 am »
Hi my name is Debbie,

The reason I am writeing this is because I have winmx and I am having some problems.  I can get on and I get the green light on, but
when I go to search and put in any song or by any artist, nothing but a bunch of jeberish comes on and it isn't any japaness or differnt
language.  I already checked that out.  So now I don't know what to do.  I am very new to all this so could any body please help me.
I want to thank you in advance.   Debbie    :crazy: :x :yes:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 08:56:48 am »
search is being hijacked... there is no current fix for it... sorry :/

Debbie

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:08 pm »
so should I just download a new winmx?

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 12:57:49 pm »
you are such a cheerful helper, Stripes...
people CAN join winmx rooms and browse other users
AND users can be asked to facilitate transfers
that HAS to be better than just writing off the search function...
Ahhh, but I forget, you dont use winmx, just throw rocks...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 03:43:38 pm »
so should I just download a new winmx?

that wont change anything... all versions will be affected the same....

as bluey points out tho you can use the chat system to 'buddy up' to get some files... not intuitive but if you can stay connected it works....

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:45 pm »
you are such a cheerful helper, Stripes...
people CAN join winmx rooms and browse other users
AND users can be asked to facilitate transfers
that HAS to be better than just writing off the search function...
Ahhh, but I forget, you dont use winmx, just throw rocks...

such a happy camper you are... did you have a point to your post?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Search Issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx