gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 07, 2024, 05:19:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  HHHEEELLLLPPPP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HHHEEELLLLPPPP  (Read 1421 times)

Scotchchick

HHHEEELLLLPPPP
« on: November 20, 2005, 07:23:08 pm »
Hi, I have tried all the patches and re installing winmx and I still can't connect, anyone have any ideas???

/¥\âx

HHHEEELLLLPPPP
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 10:28:57 pm »
it sounds like a firewall or router issue, if ur using the standard XP firewall replace it & turn the XP one off, zone alarm causes problems when ur trying to host, routers i know nothing about, sorry

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
HHHEEELLLLPPPP
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:20:51 am »
Firstly make sure you're not trying to use both a hosts file and the .dll patch at the same time, this is known to cause instability & other problems.

It's sometimes worth setting WinMX as unable to recieve on both TCP & UDP as a test restarting it & seeing if it then connects.. this would point to a firewall/router issue.

It's also worth checking if you use Norton AV 2005 or later that WinMX is set to allow in internet worm protection.

If you decide to try Pie 2.6 a basic check that it's actually installed correctly is to open a command prompt & type

ping www.winmx.com

If you get replies from 205.238.40.1 then the patch is installed correctly & the issue is elsewhere.

Sorry I'm unaware of a basic test for the .dll patch working, generally it just does, light goes green on networks page in winmx..

If this happens in case of EITHER patch, the patch is working & your issue is definately firewall/router related.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
HHHEEELLLLPPPP
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 12:13:56 pm »
The best way to test if its a firewall issue is to block the program in your Firewall or set it to Ask you each time it wants to connect such as with Sygate.

Many firewalls are set to block programs that have had changes made to them to protect your programs from being hijacked.

That said its rare that a firewall is the cause of the program not connecting in our new times.. So its usually due to one fix that didnt work being stacked ontop of more fixes that dont work, until you have quite a mess.

Best advice for anyone that is still unable to make a connection to the WinMX Peer Network on the networks page is to follow the advice here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=970

Read through that post and print it out if necessary.  If you still have troubles connecting after this contact me on the site or post here.  I will be more then happy to walk you through this.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  HHHEEELLLLPPPP

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx