gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:26:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Most of my search results are recordings for Limewire...I think I need help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Most of my search results are recordings for Limewire...I think I need help?  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Zoie9

• Forum Member
I don't know a whole heck of a lot about WinMx, so bear with me.  About a year ago I started getting fakes in my search results.  Would d/l and they would turn out to be this recording about some Limewire rubbish.  It's gotten far worse lately and about 99% of my search results wind up being this recording.  Very frustrating!  Can someone please tell me what's going on and how I can fix it?  Thanks!

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
your best chance of getting the file u want zoie is to join a room on mx and browse its users

Offline Nobby_the_nobster

• Forum Member
so to let you guys know, KM wrote the software causing this and MXCmichael executed it hang them both.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
so to let you guys know, KM wrote the software causing this and MXCmichael executed it hang them both.
Nobby old friend, you know without proof it's just accusation and wild flame with no way to control any damage it causes. If there is such proof it would be nice to see so it could be dealt with propperly. :D
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
I don't know a whole heck of a lot about WinMx, so bear with me.  About a year ago I started getting fakes in my search results.  Would d/l and they would turn out to be this recording about some Limewire rubbish.  It's gotten far worse lately and about 99% of my search results wind up being this recording.  Very frustrating!  Can someone please tell me what's going on and how I can fix it?  Thanks!
Zoie the best I can tell you atm is to do what Taffy suggested and also some media player programs will allow to preview some files you get from WinMX. Winamp is 1 I know of that used to. You can open the folder where your files are downloading to and right click to play in Winamp. As far as I know Windows Media Player still does not allow it. Anyway my point is once you get so much of it downloaded, say 25%, try previewing it in a media player and confirm it's the file you're wanting. If it isn't just kill the dl and delete it.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Windows Media Player does allow it
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
@bluey depends on version

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Just for the record, thats a different Nobby and not me.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Just for the record, thats a different Nobby and not me.

definitely made for a bit of a wtf moment...

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
 :crazy: Like in the movie face off, when hes looking in the mirror. " Im me. not me" 

I CAN HANDLE IT!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Most of my search results are recordings for Limewire...I think I need help?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx