gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 04:00:24 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  What is going on now?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What is going on now?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
What is going on now?
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:46 am »
Although my search in WinMX is still working nicely for the past few days... one of my regular rooms I hang in went offline. What I did was reload a channel list to find them again. At best I get 25 rooms. 99% of the time I get zero rooms. This with refreshing over and over again. Yet another weird attack.  Its beginning to get annoying. I can capture broadcast HDTV and stick that on my hard drive a zillion times faster these days than I can on the WPN. That aside, its getting pretty bad when one cannot even chat. I ponder a law to put everyone on snail mail. Its cheaper, better, and faster. Lately. Lovely pumpkin BTW.

Re: What is going on now?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:32:50 am »
Pumpkin's pretty cool hey, I like it. Nylly got creative and did some great work.

The short room list is a symptom of the malicious traffic being sent across the network. MOstly the faked channel list requests.
Theres a few web based lists around. I think Joshes list and I believe the winmxeffex list.

Offline Preston

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:14:57 pm »
It does seem as though it has gotten worse. I used to be able to get 90 rooms now barely 20. :(

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:26:34 am »
Is there any hope for WinMX ever getting back to normal? I still get gibberish for search results and many of the rooms I used to go to no longer exist, the hosts have more or less given up. Some have left WinMx and went elsewhere.

Is WinMX done for?
/<itty=^..^=

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:32:22 am »
I believe that as long as there are people working towards a solution for our network issues and people who refuse to give in, winmx will never be done for.

Only when everyone gives up will winmx evaporate on the winds of time.

No winmx is not done for, there are people still determined to produce a solution to the problems.
The issue with the search results comes and goes. it was fine this morning, but last night the jibberish was there.

Offline /<itty=^..^=

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:45:57 am »
I'm glad that someone is still working on finding a solution to the problem. I wasn't on this morning, so I wouldn't know if it was working or not. All I know is that I haven't been able to do a general search for a long time now, the only way I can get files is by going to one of the few rooms that are still left and hope someone there has what I'm looking for.
I miss the WinMX of before  :cry:   I hope a solution is found soon, wishing the coders the best of luck.
/<itty=^..^=

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  What is going on now?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx