gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:31:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  In reference To Nickster
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: In reference To Nickster  (Read 6681 times)

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:58 am »
anyone can visit i dont mine if we want to take this off forum so we can discuss this without cluttering up mxworld and using there bandwith.
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:57 am »
it was on the tcp based verification.... kept trying to get through to you that you'd run out of half opens in xpsp2+ windows osen really quick doing that or be really slow with the verification.... you seemed to think i didnt know what  i was talking about so i let it go....

another was the process priority boost.... mx has random 100% cpu glitches all the time even when operating normally (not under attack) .... boosting the process priority would cause havoc to those with single threaded single core cpus... ...that went ignored as well....

so i gave up... you didnt seem to want any input... ...i cant code (not a complete app .... i can fiddle with the old dos debug command to make nifty things happen but thats about it) and you know that so all i could give was ideas.... hell richy was adding actual data to the mix and you randomly exploaded.... didnt have a clue wtf happened in -that- thread....

and as for these test patches... id like to see this.... cos i seriously dont believe you that these even exsist...

@selena the issue isnt so much 'do we want winmx to exsist' its moreso 'do we want ghostship to be at the helm anymore' .... plenty of programmers out there who are just as miffed as i am at gs' personality twords them....

I understand stripes i really do at this time it's take your time but hurry up and tempers are flared i myself have been dealing with things in and out of winmx so i understand and your right i have a single process core now and am no longer running 98se os like i was back in the day however there are a lot of people running single core that it will indeed effect half the time my own computer even though it is only 2 years old cant get out of it's own way now. but we have a start and ghost is umm how to put you hun well ghost is ghost he never could take constructive criticism well even in a slow form specially with attacks like this in the foreground it's more of will it work right now and how much will we lose if it goes through the way we have no choice to do it now, which i understand both your sides we'd lose half the network if we used a patch that runs at a higher cpu not a lot of people myself included can buy a computer over thousands of dollars yet hundreds of dollars but the fact of the matter is we have a patch that needs coding and coding fast to make her run is she stable now no, in richy helping  in his way perhaps but what we need to know now is how to fix what is wrong we know what's wrong now, how do we fix it to get this patch running?
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 04:08:51 am »
It seems you want to continue with your negative ways Stripes, calling me a liar is a fastrack way to losing all respect I have for you, I ask you to ask some of the supervisors before taking the one way route your heading down I dont want to lose folks who bring up good points and add to our discussions with helpful input, we cant continue on in that same vien if you honestly think I,m lying, SiliconToad, SharingSarah , Zenar, Will and someone else I have forgotten (sorry forgotten person) will confirm the patches existence, if you contact any one of these ppl they will confirm they have a copy of an equivalent (to eagles patch) unfinished patch thats not made by eagle, if we can move on with some trust I would much prefer that to this current negative streak your following and I,m willing to work again to build further trust, never forget its a two way street however.

In reference To Nickster
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 04:52:56 am »
I'll confirm I've used this development patch.
Winmx connected.

Offline RebelMX

• Core
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 08:21:38 am »
I would love to know why I have actually been removed from the Core section since my ideas were posted on the "Emergency Appeal" thread.  As Stripes has stated I was actually adding real data which is more than has been done in a long time.  If I've been removed because GS has decided that my suggestions and observations on the network are (a) illegal, (b) intimidating, or (c) highlighting deficiencies within the "wmw programmers structure" that's fine, however as yet I have had no reason presented.

My offers of assistance both in the theoretical and practical side of the patch development were not taken up.  And yes Quicks, I did offer, however you brushed over my offers and told me I didn't know what the attacks were even doing.  Then followed up stating that your original information was not correct...

And why go to the trouble of asking Eagle to create a "Community Patch" if now your not even using it?  You have gone back to KM's patch and built on that?  After the hassle and discussions about getting Pie and WMW onto a 3rd party community developed patch you are now going back to what it was like before?

Could I ask that if this new patch is to be implemented as is, could the "community" be told how and why you are implementing it, as I doubt it will be opensource.  You ask for trust, so to get it you need to share the information so people can trust the patch.

Any positive replies are welcome but I don't want to usual "this is a personal attack" or the question as to my loyalties.  I'm here and even after being "kicked" out of Core for no apparent reason I am still around and still offering help, surely that says alot more.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 08:43:59 am »
There was a valid reason for you to be removed along with others while an investigation was underway regarding some matter, the issue has now been resolved and you will be added back along with the others affected by the same issue.

I thought you had set up your own protocol section on the Rebellion recently as Sean was hard at work and I do in general think such things are helful to the community if it shows that others with willpower and commitment can deliver the equivalent of that we do here. 

I,m not sure why you feel I should pick a,b or c from your list as none of them actually fit the bill but if as you say if you come in the spirit of peace then come as a friend  :)

Offline RebelMX

• Core
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:03 am »
If the investigation was whether I was passing on screenshots then theres a simple answer, No. The threads shared had all users ip's and only admins have access to that info, I only see my own ip on my own posts.  Think you need to look internally.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 12:18:46 pm »
no rebel it was more of a security issue that needed to be resolved it was just a security measure to protect others so they would not be targeted or blamed if something happened.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »
I already pointed out to KM the IPs where not correct, there is no need to look internally when you know the picture had been edited to cause dissention.

Lets us move on please  :yes:

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 05:57:24 pm »
I notice I had forgotten to make something clear so this seems like a good time to do so, no one except KM has the src to his old patch, he has never shared it and thus its been suggested that may be because it contains open src code uncredited. I do not myself know the truth of the matter but if KM wishes to clear up that doubt he can of course do so.

[update:  Topic tidied up, troll material shifted to site archive as stated yesterday]

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: In reference To Nickster
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 09:50:28 am »
just to add, im the missing tester. i can confrim it works in wine too :-D. And i like some of the new stuff too. But maybe ive said too much xxx :-D looking forward to some of the later additions too, excellent idea's. Glad ive had a holiday and come back to this.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 06:04:17 am »
There was a valid reason for you to be removed along with others while an investigation was underway regarding some matter, the issue has now been resolved and you will be added back along with the others affected by the same issue.

I thought you had set up your own protocol section on the Rebellion recently as Sean was hard at work and I do in general think such things are helful to the community if it shows that others with willpower and commitment can deliver the equivalent of that we do here. 

I,m not sure why you feel I should pick a,b or c from your list as none of them actually fit the bill but if as you say if you come in the spirit of peace then come as a friend  :)

Could I query when this will be resolved? And also that I am granted access to the Host section, seems ridiculous that a person can see the technical information about the network but cannot advise or assist hosts in their use of the very same protocol LOL

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24:22 am »
I can assure you you have missed nothing Richy , I know you may laught at this (or not ) but I myself dont have the password for that area of the forum to add you back and I have been busy at work the last few days, both yourself and Mind need to be readded, could any of the supervisors that do have the password add these two folks back in, there where further users removed but they are not around any more so theres little point in holding the door open when no ones coming.

On the point of who leaked the information, the culprit came forward after some discussions and wanted to get it off their chest, I am happy to take no further action against this person as we have all made a mistake and this persons very much got their heart in the right place albeit in this instance they acted in a way that may have had unintended consequences for us all.

My thanks go to those affected by this security based activity for patience and undestanding at this time.

Lesson of the day :

We must all build on trust or we become our own worst ememies, when trust is in short supply we must all endeavour to create more and distribute its spririt thoroughly to all, only by such constructions can we all carry a stake in our community and be proud to belong, the treachery of a few must never be allowed to poison the well for all and as always we must turn the other cheek when no malice is intended.

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 08:48:41 am »
Should be done now.

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 11:58:41 am »
Thanks for rectifying, just the hosts section to try and sort now :)

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2011, 01:57:31 pm »
I believe I'm now added to the list of those under suspision because my access to the core seems to have been removed now!! ...I can start guessing why but for now I won't  :o :/
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 09:09:44 am »
Issue solved ...Thank you GhostShip ;)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 04:14:13 am »
I loves how I was supposed have core but never got .....
~E-9 SGM Sergeant Major Nicholas Dilbeck~
Stupidity is not a disability, complain elsewhere"

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 05:44:11 am »
I will be happy to discuss this further with you in PM Nickster if you really do wish to have access but its important that I have trust in you and you in me before any access can be granted as there is a condition of access and thats a simple promise to not misuse the information in any way, most folks deliver this pledge willingly but I have to know you actually mean it.  You where after one of those mislead into supporting the attackers initially and to be honest I'm not sure where you stand atm.

Trust is an important part of a peaceful community and I simply want to look at what we can build on to reach that place.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  In reference To Nickster

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx