gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:14:41 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  In reference To Nickster
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: In reference To Nickster  (Read 6687 times)

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
  • Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« on: June 13, 2011, 02:26:04 am »
Well hello old man long time no speak yes ghost ship i mean you, funny you talk about nickster who happens to be my son, you remember me don't you? one of the head of karaoke colors? you remember elephantman and eric and pink. I figured you would can you explain to me exactly why were again at the same chronic distribution of idiotic rantings from way back when vladd himself had issues and km stood in when you decided to get a  chip on your shoulder and leave? then everyone bashed km for turning off his cache? Perhaps you should stop blaming others for the attacks and realize the issue is "sony was attacked 2 weeks ago" not only them but myself as well as hundreds of people were attacked not just winmx the world doesn't revolve around winmx any longer, the fair few that stay behind stay behind because were a team not because we want one person standing up and talking, you of all people know that ghostship i remember the day you stood up and ranted about winmx going down on here and asking others for help to bring her back. is this what were reduced to now pointing fingers because someone knows who is attacking us? how about i give you the information i have.....

after km was banned and flooded the server he had stopped realizing it was useless to attack a server he worked so hard to keep alive figuring it would die on it's own.

recently 12 sites have been attacked by a random ip address coming from Ecuador (pardon the spelling) those sites were related by people to be so called "hackers" however paypal, sony, ebay, and various other companies including but not limited to google have recently emailed myself and thousands of others who's private information was stolen to flag there credit accounts change there passwords as well as safe guard themselves from attacks, these attacks are also going on, on various p2p servers source ip remains unknown.

Now speaking with paypal today about the security issue they basically told me to mind my own business after my accounts were indeed attacked and that yes they had the ip but refused to release the information as it was "none of my business".

I'm sorry to say but this isn't just a winmx issue this is a issue far beyond winmx right now that is interupting many lives and costing innocent people money they do not have, myself included. You of all people should know ghost that our lives do not revolve around winmx it revolves around real people and things that we can not control, even if i did ban the ip or could get the ip someone who obviously knows how to attack directly to sources knows how to get past it, plus that being fact how do we know the attacker isn't using a proxy? I am the only one who knows what's going on inside and outside winmx.

Also if i had the information i wouldn't go giving it out to anyone I'd take care of it myself since it just cost me 1500 from my bank account. So please instead of throwing your words around again ghost think first before you speak. the poll was put here for me since i wanted to see who indeed was going to split up winmx again. second here's a blog for you to read about yourself i was shocked anyone would know you that well. Perhaps you need to speak with them about the attacks since the blog is all about you without it being signed. Balls in your park.

http://thenamdrib.blogspot.com/2011/06/winmxworld-is-anti-community.html
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio
 Long live Karaoke Colors (ex admin), we miss you Ele!!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:27:25 am »
For the record I did not change the poll another supervisor did following our policy of not allowing personal attacks on the site staff, Nickster did not to my knowledge change the poll.

I dont so much mind the poll but the obvious KM/NB lies I take umbrage to.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:31:51 am »
how do we know the attacker isn't using a proxy?

using tor exit nodes... same as a proxy... shift around daily... impossible to block just the ips....  gs has promised a patch that will fix this but has nothing to show after more than a month... ...suffice it to say tensions are a bit high...

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:34:15 am »
Also with this pointing fingers no one can access any rooms on the winmx network let alone there own who are hosts using ouka and various other software to host there rooms, two karaoke gold is gone, fm crew, karaoke colors all the original good rooms and now ratz how much longer do we have to sit here pointing fingers at people before we realize were the ones hurting winmx with the idle banter of who's doing this and who's doing that. did anyone really stop to think that maybe the person doing this is trying to stop the finger pointing and the "i am better than you" issues going on directly in the network. Like it or not i've been here as long if not longer than everyone else and i have to say this is boiling down to childish finger pointing nonsence, when you get things together and figure out who exactly is doing it let me know until then lets do ourselves a favor and knock off the baby antics before someone thinks there is a bunch of adults who are really children with a power trip on the network please.
you will remember me as ~*~SELENA~*~ in 2005 on this forum....Room Owner MUSIC @ ThE Studio

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 02:35:33 am »
For the record I did not change the poll another supervisor did following our policy of not allowing personal attacks on the site staff, Nickster did not to my knowledge change the poll.

i have to admit id be interested in the results of a fairly worded poll on such....  (on a comment locked thread ofc cos it would get nasty quick if it werent locked that way)

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 02:43:07 am »
how do we know the attacker isn't using a proxy?

using tor exit nodes... same as a proxy... shift around daily... impossible to block just the ips....  gs has promised a patch that will fix this but has nothing to show after more than a month... ...suffice it to say tensions are a bit high...

promises aren't reality i can promise anyone the world will i deliver it no, we have been facing this issue since winmx closing from the attacks from mpaa to riaa and now someone outside of the network and inside it went from vladd44 and his team helping to ghost helping to km helping and now gm, i'm sorry but without actual proof of where this is coming from instead of a location there isnt much we can do, what are we going to do ban the whole network out of country? We could of course but that wouldn't be the winmx we know and love we are all from different countries who are we going to ban first which country? USA? UK? We have no idea who it is at this time and instead of going ahead and screaming at each other were a "community" were supposed to act as a team that was the idea of bringing winmx back when vladd and km and ghost were all together, what happened to the idea of we are winmx we make her run we will keep her alive forever we love our friends and family, now it's become to where i see more old mx people on facebook saying there glad there gone...this is a shame and needs to stop we need to all band together to get this done and figure out besides mpaa and riaa who is exactly attacking us, i don't care about the why and changing program's isn't going to help. Changing patch's isn't either because everyone knows for a fact when a new patch comes out it will not be for all operating systems which means half of the winmx network of original people and our new friends will not be able to come back to what they call there "second home". Can i please have more detail as to who and an ip before we decide to take some drastic measures to solve and obviously huge issue that is now beyond the mx network and attacking us irl. and for those of you on facebook i would suggest you guard your accounts well this is beyond mx right now.

The true question is "Can we be the winmx we once were?" and if so how because right now i see all the reasons i left and none of the reason i want to return.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 02:44:02 am »
Good evening Selena, I do indeed remember your name but I cant say I have ever left winmx to my knowledge, vladds site for sure but never winmx.

I understand the point you made but please understand that "an attack" is where the similarity ends unlike the sites and services you speak of winmx uses a proprietary encryption and the information necessary to launch such attacks was until KM handed it out kept under tight security as we have all known the network relies on such a security mechanism, making that mechanism public has opened the door to many potential attackers but Nickster implied by his guarantee he knows whos behind this and in our last MSN conversation he said KM egged him on to post a similar rant last time thus I concluded he has done the same this time.

Its no coincidence the attacks started when KM and NB returned here and have continued while they cower in rooms planning how to remove the single most trusted person in the community who has consistently shown up their attacks and underhand tricks launched against this community, I fully understand those two ppl wanting to get even but when others join in with less information that most folks can read on the back of a cigarette packet what choice is there but to show folks its rather stupid to make a claim based on the words of some cowardly attackers, unlike the attackers I have been here aiding the community till I retired from the site to do development work, I used my familiarity with KM to make a deal to stop his stupidity, he has broken the deal and now fears repercussions should he admit he or NB are the attackers, so if Nickster really does know who the attackers are he should in all honesty stand up for the truth and be counted, doing the right think is always the sign of a great man.    

I hope you too share the value of being honest.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 02:44:27 am »

i have to admit id be interested in the results of a fairly worded poll on such....  (on a comment locked thread ofc cos it would get nasty quick if it werent locked that way)

i happen to agree not in a bashing way i'd like to see who stands with who at this time and who is going to help us fight because some of us have strong opinions as to why this is going on and without bashing or cutting someone down i'd like to hear there views on the reasons with a poll as well

Offline Nickster2132

• Forum Member
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 02:48:26 am »
As I am on my iPhone readin this I would graciously love to know the results I would love to have a locked thread stating you lose ur ego and other options and we let the users decide
~E-9 SGM Sergeant Major Nicholas Dilbeck~
Stupidity is not a disability, complain elsewhere"

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 02:50:26 am »
Good evening Selena, I do indeed remember your name but I cant say I have ever left winmx to my knolwedge, vladds site for sure but never winmx.

I understand the point you made but please understand that "an attack" is where the similarity ends unlike the sites and services you speak of winmx uses a proprietory encryption and the information necessary to lauch such attacks was until KM handed it out kept under tight security as we have all known the network relies on such a security mechanism, making that mechanism public has opened the door to many potential attackers but Nickster implied by his guarantee he knows whos behind this and in our last MSN conversation he said KM egged him on to post a similar rant last time thus I concluded he has done the same this time.

Its no coincidence the attacks started when KM and NB returned here and have continued while they cower in rooms planning how to remove the single most trusted person in the community who has consistently shown up their attacks and underhand tricks launched against this community, I fully understand those two ppl wanting to get even but when others join in with less information that most folks can read on the back of a cigarette packet what choice is there but to show folks its rather stupid to make a claim based on the words of some cowardly attackers, unlike the attackers I have been here aiding the community till I retired from the site to do development work, I used my familiarity with KM to make a deal to stop his stupidity, he has broken the deal and now fears repercussions should he admit he or NB are the attackers, so if Nickster really does know who the attackers are he should in all honesty stand up for the truth and be counted, doing the right think is always the sign of a great man.    

I hope you too share the value of being honest.

Ghost my son fights his own war he is in the military fighting to keep you free i think first and foremost that is enough for him to do and if he knew dont you think as his mother i would be the first to know? Indeed I would, it all boils down to are we going to sit here and point fingers at km and nb for coming back and it just so happens attacks happen? Will you do the same to me if i return being one that stood by you vladd and km when you all needed someone? when i talked to you on here and talked to vladd on irc and talked with km on his blog never telling any of you what was said and always kept what was said secret. Am i also to be blamed for an attack that we all knew was coming eventually and were trying to keep it under control? so what he gave out information big deal our security should have been far beyond what km had to give out that was the idea when he left we faltered and now we have to deal with our mistakes and make them better you know as well as i do it will do no good sitting here and crying about it when we should be there supporting each other to fix this and fix it fast like we did when mx first went down, I will never point fingers until today it's everyone's fault not just one persons we lost sight of our goal to secure winmx for everyone to use and we failed, now instead of pointing fingers ghost this means you too, get up you were kicked down brush yourself off lets ban together and get this issue solved and get our baby as a team back up and secure instead of crying when hit it didn't kill us the network is still here lets make her stronger!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 02:50:38 am »
Then please start such a poll however I do think your simply playing into the hands of the attackers by dividing the community with such topic when we should all be working towards a common solution. As Stripes says we are working on such a solution and its not an easy fix thus time and learning new mechanisms are involved however the theories are straight forward.

Do we listen to those who hide in the shadows or those who have taken care of you all for many years, its as simple as that.

This is a log from the wmw cafe:

[12/06/2011 08.55] <Splint566_55775> yep look at what this "great community" has become..
[12/06/2011 08.56] <Splint566_55775> lol I have never attacked
[12/06/2011 08.56] <Splint566_55775> well I have..
[12/06/2011 08.56] <Splint566_55775> but only for a short time to get attention on rthe issue with the blocklist
[12/06/2011 08.57] <Splint566_55775> lmao

As you can see NB freely admits he has attacked the network.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 02:59:30 am »
winmx uses a proprietory encryption

been cracked for a looooong time now....

and the information necessary to lauch such attacks was until KM handed it out kept under tight security

mxsock.dll and a bit of patience and any programmer could figure it out.... ....not pointing fingers... this is truth.... after all... nushi had to start somewhere...

the network relies on such a security mechanism

see above....

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 03:02:18 am »
Thats something I often hear but its just not strictly true Stripes, there are other security mechanisms operating on the network that are little known outside a small group of folks and its clear the attacker does indeed know of these mechanisms.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 03:04:36 am »
also ghost i'll stand up and say it is not km, nb i don't know that long i do know it's not vladd and i do know it's not you and i'll bet my life on it the information given out i have on backup drive and have been looking it over unless you know exactly what your doing you'll have no idea what indeed it is, for the record I do know exactly what it is and have a few idea's and have to speak with a few people who indeed do coding when i find the files anyway, to see if they can figure out how to make the security stronger. which is what we need if were back so far that a security issue like this released the code from how many years ago is going to throw a wrench into our work perhaps were not the community we all thought we were. Don't get me wrong i first came a new person so did you ghost but have you noticed were losing people, more and more are getting hot headed over simple things as freedom of speech? issues that we never had before on the network, i can see bashing but this was a pole to see where people stood. i'd like a poll as well to see who indeed would like to see winmx stay and who wouldn't and there reason why without bashing without slandering without name calling a normal adult poll and the reason why, yes ghost with the way you have been for years sometimes people take things you say in the wrong context but look were not perfect were only human we make mistakes you do sometimes come across more cross than you mean to and new people take offense i'm used to you i've known you along long time so it doesn't bother me. I understand if was another admin who took down the poll of course i was not here to see the exact poll so i cant personally comment on the exact details i do have a life and was taking nick's father my husband to work, yes i am remarried and happily at that have 7 kids nic is one and they were all raised to tell the truth in everything and my sons are military my daughters have married into it. and they could get into a lot of hot water for even supporting winmx however they do because they believe in our freedom and liberties so. with that said, i'd like a poll up i want to see who indeed is still with us to keep the winmx community a nice place to be without drama, and who is not on board and ready to help, just the way it was supposed to be in the beginning

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 03:04:41 am »
when we should all be working towards a common solution. As Stripes says we are working on such a solution

hey now... would rather not be included in that 'we' cos i havent seen anything but a flowchart concept.... and my take on one of your theories was quite quickly shot down....

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 03:12:13 am »
I have shared a partially completed patch with 3 folks from this site for stability testing purposes however thats because it was not built on the eagle patch base and such testing is therefore necessary I,m sure you would agree.

Having reached that stage in the build the new parts are required to be slotted in and we have been struggling to get that done, If you have a solution Stripes feel free to air it here and I,m sure if someone wishes to they can work on it, I did as you know ask for additional coder support from the developement section and little was forthcoming.

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:24 am »
How about ghost since i know you a very very long time i'll ask you set up a poll simple a sweet with the following it's impartial people can vote ammon if need be

Do you want the winmx network to stay alive.

yes no

please state why, be adult without name calling or bashing we want your real opinion so please keep it clean.

i'm only asking because you know 1 i hate mysql and two i've been gone so long i have no idea how to start one anymore lol sorry ghost even if i could think straight it's been a rough 2 months if you have the time sometime i'd like to chat again you are a nice person to talk with and i enjoyed our chats we had.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 03:19:52 am »
If you pm me your room I dont mind visiting you Selena and discussing matters directly.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 03:28:58 am »
it was on the tcp based verification.... kept trying to get through to you that you'd run out of half opens in xpsp2+ windows osen really quick doing that or be really slow with the verification.... you seemed to think i didnt know what  i was talking about so i let it go....

another was the process priority boost.... mx has random 100% cpu glitches all the time even when operating normally (not under attack) .... boosting the process priority would cause havoc to those with single threaded single core cpus... ...that went ignored as well....

so i gave up... you didnt seem to want any input... ...i cant code (not a complete app .... i can fiddle with the old dos debug command to make nifty things happen but thats about it) and you know that so all i could give was ideas.... hell richy was adding actual data to the mix and you randomly exploaded.... didnt have a clue wtf happened in -that- thread....

and as for these test patches... id like to see this.... cos i seriously dont believe you that these even exsist...

@selena the issue isnt so much 'do we want winmx to exsist' its moreso 'do we want ghostship to be at the helm anymore' .... plenty of programmers out there who are just as miffed as i am at gs' personality twords them....

Offline ~*~SELENA~*~

• Forum Member
    • The Studio
In reference To Nickster
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:07 am »
If you pm me your room I dont mind visiting you Selena and discussing matters directly.
would love to hun but i've tried time and time again to get her online and today for the first time she is online not sure for how long but hey it's worth a shot The Studio_EB752C46DD72

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  In reference To Nickster

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx