gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 05:58:01 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  the patch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the patch  (Read 3574 times)

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
the patch
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:14:41 am »
For many moons Ive been getting a 'what is this?' message and FSR=0 BC=0 in my little winmx window. Keeping in mind that was going on way before KM got his period...
Why is it doing that? I do have all JS turned off in my browsers, both M$ and FF. Is that the problem? If so, why does the patch rely on third party software? Something is amiss.
Seems it would function nicer if it did report accurate data.
And before such questions are asked, yes, I do mean as a primary.
Even if the WPN can be screwed up beyond recognition according to the desires of a certain hacker, there is still room for improvement.

Offline Bieb

• Forum Member
Re: the patch
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:24:07 am »
Having javascript off is most likely the problem as it probably uses a script to dynamically update the numbers without having it be "refreshed" every time the numbers need updating.

FSR means fake search results which are the fake files that are being filtered out based on the ip addresses in the block list.
BC means blocked connections which is just counting how many times one of the blocked ips are trying to connect to you as a secondary connection to flood more files on the network.

You don't need the counter to function for the blocking to take place so it's up to you if you want to see the numbers or not.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:39 am »
actually it doesnt need scripting to work (eagle got really damn creative) ... but hes right... you dont need the numbers to show for blocking to work... using the patch with 3.31 they dont show at all....

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 01:11:11 pm »
in oledlg.ini in the WinMx folder

/enablefilter 1
set to 0 no filtering so no count, not a good option btw

/showblocks 1
set to 0 no fsr= and bc= in the message bar

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  the patch

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx