gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 07:09:01 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Modems/ Routers  |  Sky routers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sky routers  (Read 10452 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Sky routers
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:05:14 pm »
I found something out today, Sky routers come preloaded with a custom firmware that stops you getting your passwords and login information to use another router...! (yes its old news)
Now i used a site that gave me the details and i hooked up my older, far better router and set about setting up loopback. Can you belive Sky routers dont allow loopback at all!!!!!!

Now when i took Sky they said yes sure you can have a static IP. No probs at all. And heres the fall!!!

New Sky routers use a diffrent type of authentication, If you use this authentication your static IP address's will be loaded fine. But if you use a diffrent router, which uses default authentication, You loose your static IP, and you pool your ip from a random set. Handy if you need to hide. But terrible that to keep your static you have to use the total heap of junk they give you....!!!!

Ill try find out some more about keeping your static IP, i only wanted to mention it as i recall lisa having issues with being told she was static ip but wasnt in the room. i dunno if she changed router or not.
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
Re: Sky routers
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »
Right just to add to this, you can infact use other routers, but your new router must support this new MER encryption, So guys, keep your eyes open if your on sky :-D I have at least found out my trusty DGteam DG834GT supports MER.  Yet some of my old routers do not...
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Modems/ Routers  |  Sky routers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx