gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 12:39:54 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Some songs will not share?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Some songs will not share?  (Read 2989 times)

Diveanx

Some songs will not share?
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:42:37 pm »
I have some songs that when people try to downlaod them they just time out.

2 groups in particular. Any ideas why?

I have no problems with every thing else.

I have all my songs in folders by group and by album. All are done the same way.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 03:21:27 pm »
Hi Diveanx,
Welcome to the site.

This is not a completely new thing.  First off your songs will share, just to reassure you.  This can be tested by contacting someone from a chat room that you visit and asking them to browse you and download the files in question.  If you dont have a regular chat room you are welcome to visit our help room set up at:

WinMxWorld.Com_D5718156094A

Enter that into your Filter Bar of the WinMX Chat Screen and click the 'Join' button located on the right side of the Filter Bar.

There are two place we have placed other information one is located here:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=603

The other was placed in the MX Hosts section and a copy is here now so that it might help other users having this problem.

We have been monitoring search requests recently for strange activity and we are in a position to confirm that a new attack is being used against us, this consists of repeated calls for specific items that feature a spoofed return address and seems to be a failed way to cripple the network.

Obviously there is no way short of unsharing the target material or using a upload manager set to ignore anyone with out 1 file shared, currently to defeat them but they are having annoyance status impact rather than any serious damage, these attacks are followed up by repeated attempts to block the open slots of the target users who have responded to the search requests, logging shows up to 250 attempts per day from addresses that are so spread in IP ranges that they are also obviously secondaries connected through primaries.  They do have a signature we are able to trace if any effort is proposed to attempt to derail their work and this is that a whois will show the information of the slot blocker as having 0 files and anything up to a 100 running downloads an obviously stupid clue to anyone, and also they will show as being on the network no longer than 15 minutes, you can set your watch by them to leave on the dot of Online 15:00.  They will not que and will only be seen if you report to the network that you have available slots.  All upload attempts will timeout waiting for network connection on these also.

As with the flooding of fakes with an increase in the size of our network and user base, this problem will become less of an issue.  For now the best thing to do is be aware of the activity, understand it so that we dont allow them to obtain the goal of driving users away because of frustraition, and also again spread the word that WinMX is back and operational and NOT going anywhere any time soon  ..

So if you have any questions about this feel free to post them here, also just keep an eye out for unusally high upload timeouts especially if they seem to be for a few specific tracks or artists..

So basically you can use a program like MX Monitior found here:
MX Monitor Set Up
Then set this to ignore users that dont have at least 1 file shared.

Or you can choose to unshare the tracks.   

My suggestion is to either use the MX Monitor or ignore it.  The main reason you posted was to make sure there was nothing wrong with your system or files and there is not .. :D
NOTE: Let me be clear this is in no way anything but a minor annoyance to you, this activity by them has been determined to be benign and not a danger.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:18:17 pm »
Yes and Leech Hammer is also useful as a help to avoid this sort of problem.   No shares and the person is placed in your ignore file, you can custom this to any number of files, but I let those who do share 3 or more files to download, if I am about I then do a Who's Who to see if the newly downloaded file from me is in there share folder.

If it is not, THEN I hammer them by hand and they are banned from my file list of over 10,000 titles for the rest of that session until I empty my Ignore folder.

I do that about once a month, by which time I hope they have learned the lesson this Christmas Time....  Share or be gone!
Kind regards,   Tom.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 09:34:09 am »
weeeeee

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 04:02:20 pm »
Ignore only holds 512 entries, then people fall out of list, this is days only with a really busy queue.. not till christmas..
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 03:54:31 am »
Quote from: Bearded Blunder
Ignore only holds 512 entries, then people fall out of list, this is days only with a really busy queue.. not till christmas..

Sadly yes you are quite right, I have to empty it every few days.... Sad, it takes so little effort to set up a share folder, and you can be helping the WinMX network get back to its former user base size.
Kind regards,   Tom.

~*¤£ôv认Gí®|¤*~

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 05:39:58 pm »
Quote from: tower

If it is not, THEN I hammer them by hand and they are banned from my file list of over 10,000 titles for the rest of that session until I empty my Ignore folder.............. Share or be gone!

thank gawd i didn't run into ppl like you when i first got here...

new, didn't know anyone, lookin for files...very considerate of you...

Offline tower

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 09:14:41 pm »
Quote from: ~*¤£ôv认Gí®|¤*~
Quote from: tower

If it is not, THEN I hammer them by hand and they are banned from my file list of over 10,000 titles for the rest of that session until I empty my Ignore folder.............. Share or be gone!

thank gawd i didn't run into ppl like you when i first got here...

new, didn't know anyone, lookin for files...very considerate of you...

I do not agree with the priciple of not owning ANY Music CD's or records.   What in effect you are saying is you do NOT own ANY of the music on your PC.   That is very, very very sad indeed and I am quite right to not let you download from me at the start.   How much effort and cost does one lousy record or CD cost.    Answer NOT much.

So now you are so proud that you share, stuff you never bought in the very first place?   Has the whole world gone Mad?

I own 90 per cent of the files I share, have all the CD's in white cardboard labels and mosty only download replacement files for orginals who have suffered damage over the years.

The other 10%  Well they are just a sample and often I delete them after a while, they do not get shared and indexed with my online collection unless I go buy the CD.

So Share or get Leech Hammered - simple really.   I do however from time to time forget to run Leech Hammer, especially if I am not going to need the Bandwidth for any other Internet activities that day or night.

Torrent files are taking up an increasing share of my time with clents like Azureus and Ares sitting on my task bar more than WinMX.   Sorry Guys but that is the way it is.    Bit Torrents FORCE users to share whether they like it or NOT.    Excellent Idea.
Kind regards,   Tom.

~*¤£ôv认Gí®|¤*~

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 01:43:54 am »
lol you so missed the point of that post...oh well..i tried..lol

confused :. s

Re: Some songs will not share?
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 12:34:34 pm »
hi rite am aving problems wiv sharing my flies 2 i converted sum music abit ago(big mistake) and now i converted em bk but they ant cummin up in my folders i ave like over 2000 flies in 1 folder and only 1000 or so r cummin up i knw its summat to do wiv the flie type but i ant sure wot to put in. wav, etc r already up so i just wondered if u ad a picture or summat so i could check where am gopin wrong! thanx  :)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 02:17:19 pm »
Hi Confused

What did you use to convert these files that are not sharing now?
What file extention do they show on them, like wma, mp3, etc.. now?

confused

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 09:38:27 am »
i converted em on av mp3 converter n they r sound flies i put in wma n sum of em cum up but still not all of em

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 11:19:35 pm »
Confused,

Right click the files that are not sharing... Choose properties.. see what type of files they are and try adding that file type to your shared file types on WinMx...
Keep in mind its not always wise to share wma type files also... here are reasons why..
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=860.msg6516#msg6516

cupid

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 11:59:37 pm »
Soooo...What's new in the lawsuit arena with the RIAA?
Any info on this?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 09:38:20 am »
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Some songs will not share?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx