gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 12:19:12 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  No one can downlaod from me. Help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: No one can downlaod from me. Help!  (Read 3712 times)

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
No one can downlaod from me. Help!
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:54:18 pm »
I have no problem connecting to both the openNap servers and to the peer network-- but no one seems to be able to download from me. it always times out waiting for the connection. I'm using a router and have punched through the appropriate ports for WinMX. It's been working great for years set-up in this way. I've always made a primary connection and have downloaded--as well as uploaded-- hundreds of files. Now, since the search was hacked, I can download but no one can upload. I'm using the latest WinMX file: 3.54b4
Please help.
TIA

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: No one can downlaod from me. Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:58:16 pm »
The search problems are not related to your file transfer problems Saturnx311, I would recheck your port forwarding settings and confirm you havent changed local IP's as that alone can cause your port forwarding rules to fail and break your transfers.

Also bear in mind some ISP companies are sneaky and many openly steal bandwidth from their customers by throttling at different times of the day to penalise p2p users.

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »
Thanks so much for your quick reply GhostShip! OK, I've triple-checked the port settings and confirmed  that the forwarding matches my local IP address, so that's correct.
There are 2 other PCs in the house I've set-up WinMX on that are having no problems.
It's not a permissions issue-- I don't think-- because I've set the permissions on that folder-- just trying to eliminate everything...

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 09:26:12 pm »
I should also mention that I never thought of the ISP thing, so thanks...but I guess that can't be the reason if the other computers' WinMX's are doing OK...

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:28 am »
Seems a trouble making PC you have their Saturnx311  :lol:

As you have mentioned permissions can we assume your running Vista ?

My next port of call check wise is to enure that each machine has a different port set up and that none are duplicated as this can cause issues too, not much else jumps to mind but perhaps its a third party application issue such as AV or firewall setting what do you have in the way of those ?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 01:08:46 am »
if you forwarded the ports manually turning off upnp in the patch is a good idea... (its in the .ini file change the 1 to a 0 behind enableupnp)

if this is an isp owned (rented) router they may have updated the firmware under your nose... may need to delete and reset your port forward rules if such....

Offline saturnx311

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 05:40:12 am »
OK, turned off the enableupnp function  But.... :-(

It's dang frustrating, seeing that "waiting for incoming connection", turn to "timed out...."
I can make a primary connection.
I'm actually running Windows 7. Are there known issues with this OS? Please forgive me for not searching; I have very little time to actually sit down at this thing lately....

And no: the router belongs to me--and it won't let me run duplicate ports for differing IP addresses.
Grr...
Anyway-- I certainly appreciate all the help. I might just have to settle for running WinMX on another machine with XP on it.
Oh-- I deleted the port rules and set them up again, just to be sure...

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:53:04 am »
Turn off your firewall and try again... is the problem gone? > remove winmx from your firewall exceptions ..restart winmx and make sure your firewall asks permission for winmx again ...allow it

If the above does not help it might pay to start checking if winmx has the right permissions (right-click the winmx folder and give it's content admin rights/permissions)

Hope this helps :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline Joshua203

• MX Hosts
  • www.DutchaGoGo.com
    • www.DutchaGoGo.com and a few more like WinMX.ComXa.com and WinMX.ExoFire.net
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 11:56:24 am »
to be more specific .. right click folder >> properties >> safety tab >> administrators >> full access
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Edition, CPU Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5 Genuine Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, RAM: 12GB

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 03:08:09 pm »
You said you had 2 other computers on your network that are able to upload. Make sure you are using different TCP, and UDP ports for WinMx on all 3 computers on your network.  Go to WinMx settings, and click on the incoming TCP connections, and make sure you are using a different port # for WinMx for each of your computers. Do the same for the in/out UDP packets. You can't use the default ports 6699, 6257 on all three computers. Then reconfigure your port forwarding rules in your router by matching the new  assigned WinMx ports to the IP of the computer on your network.  Is this how you did your port forwarding rules?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  No one can downlaod from me. Help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx