gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 01:23:33 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks  |  Newegg Tutorial on How to build your own PC
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newegg Tutorial on How to build your own PC  (Read 6668 times)

Offline achilles

• Core
Newegg Tutorial on How to build your own PC
« on: August 26, 2011, 03:55:14 am »
Newegg has a tutorial on how to build your own PC right now.  Its pretty easy to follow, and may be of some help for first time builders. I believe its always best to build your own PC for personal use so you can tailor it to your own needs.  You also want have all the junk software that most computers come with these days, and if you spend wisely it will be a lot cheaper! Also remember you can find many good tutorials on Youtube as well. Happy building  ;)  http://www.newegg.com/Store/Computer.aspx?name=Computer-Hardware
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Re: Newegg Tutorial on How to build your own PC
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 04:44:58 am »
nice find achilles. I like these kind of things. Even if you have plenty of builds under your belt, if you keep an open mind and pay attention you can always get something out of vids like this.

Offline SEVENx7

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:08:35 pm »
If you've been puttin' em together since the mid 90's you shouldn't be learning anything. These videos are for rich punks building multi processor, multi core, mhz bombs with the latest water cooled Nvidea 980 triple sli graphics and maxed out memory on daddy's dime. Makes me sick to my stomach. :secret:

Offline Sean

• Core
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 05:46:12 am »
@SEVENx7
Welcome to WinMXWorld.

An experienced builder should still be doing some research into new technologies. Videos like these are generally targeted at gamers or enthusiasts since the average person would find a pre-built system more than adequate. Generalizing gamers and enthusiasts as rich punks living on daddy's dime is just that, a generalization.

@achilles
I personally like youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips for tech news and build guides. They have built systems for a variety of intended uses and price points.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »
An experienced builder should still be doing some research into new technologies.

gotta make sure that 'new' connector is connected properly... esp anything new the psu offers... the 'magic smoke' is a bad thing to let out...

Offline MinersLantern

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 05:53:19 am »
This is the kind of thing I am interested in.

I made one for my so the Xmas before last. I wasted time and gasoline shopping the stores (all stores) for a nice new fast pc for him. Everyone was out of everything, except if ya wanted to pay top dollar, in advance, and wait for restocking.

For that, you can pay more for some pc infested with 'trialware' and all that garbage.

The thing is already obsolete by now, but still never crashes nor locks nor slows down, and is unholy fast.

I used this website to help, http://pcpartpicker.com

It checks prices for the piece parts and verifies that such parts will play nicely together.

It was as simple as taking a drink of water.

Everything involved, from buying the parts via different companies to the assembly and setting up.

All I did was simply throw the thing together and it worked flawlessly the first time and ever since.

I plan to build another for myself, this thing is way too slow for what I do.

Once I get caught up on some bills.

I highly recommend build it yourself. You get performance at a resonable cost. With none of this big box store issues going on.

The only improvement to that website I posted is to gain information from it, then buy your stuff on Ebay. Its generally cheaper.

They just compare prices among 'normal' dealers.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 11:31:47 am »
ha ha, i don't think i have ever built myself a completely new pc, it's only ever been upgrading parts.
usually the mobo,cpu and ram is the closest to a new pc i have ever got, but the case, psu, gpu, hdd's didnt change.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  PC Aid Station  |  Tips, Tricks, and Tweaks  |  Newegg Tutorial on How to build your own PC

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx