gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 04:56:28 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Overwhelmed by un-related search results
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Overwhelmed by un-related search results  (Read 12370 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Overwhelmed by un-related search results
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 12:33:46 pm »
Often when the original site is down I normally try to link to the same files in the archives to ensure folks are still able to enjoy the files, the problem really is one of time, with all the effort to do other things some portions of the site have been overlooked, I'm sure one of the site staff will give a few minutes to checking over any issues folks point them too, cheers for the heads up Jackie  8)

If anyone has their own site they wish placed in our links section thats mx related please let us know and we will add you to the links section, to my knowledge a small handful of sites are not listed but plainly we dont feel happy linking to sites of abusers and those who disrupt the community negatively however such things are never set in stone as people and attitudes change over time and thus so do the links.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 12:56:13 pm »
I have removed all the dead links folks, now how about letting us know of some new MX friendly locations that need some publicity ?

Offline Love_Your_Enemy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »
TEMP SOLUTION:  

(1)  AFTER A FEW MINS, STOP SEARCH  
(2) SORT BY USER COLUMN  
(3) MOST FILES FROM SAME USER, SO LOOK FOR USERS LISTED ONCE      

GOOD LUCK !!!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:06:59 pm »
There are many variations of the start search and stop fast technique, however settling on just one criteria to say is good or bad will simply find the attacker changing their attack profile to fit that criteria however all tips and help are much welcome  Love_Your_Enemy, cheers !!

Offline CrayonWarrior

• Forum Member
  • CrayonWarrior, High Elvin Lord of the Forest Elves
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 05:17:57 am »
When will the patch be available? This problem has been going on for MONTHS now !!! Is anyone actually working on this, or, is WinMX truely a dead network now?

Also, add to your list of hacking problems, limited connectiveity. I am not not trading as sucessfully as I used to because persons on the network cannot find me, and, I cannot find them either, severely limiting the number of persons in my que, limiting my ability to share.

And - the search problem is NOT limited to the general search in the search window only, persons doing a private browwse of my share directories cannot always see my share files, and I cannot always see theirs either. This problem seems to be intermittant, as opposed to the general search problem, which is always screwed up now.
The dogs will bark when the caravan passes my son. Let them bark, we travel the world, going to far away exotic places, carrying riches beyond the dreams of the chained farmers dogs. So, do not fear the howling dogs, pity them, for they are calling for you to take them with you !!!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 05:43:36 pm »
When will the patch be available?

Unknown

Is anyone actually working on this

yes

or, is WinMX truely a dead network now?

i personally have no comment on this but.......  its been said that 60% of the users have left.... (anyone have new stats on that?)

Also, add to your list of hacking problems, limited connectiveity.

a lot of the ips claiming to be primaries are fakes.... so winmx tries to connect to... nothing...

persons doing a private browwse of my share directories cannot always see my share files

network traffic is saturated... more bandwidth is being wasted and shoving the usable traffic aside...

have you tried opennap?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Overwhelmed by un-related search results

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx