gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 03:05:23 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Zealand - Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Zealand - Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011  (Read 796 times)

The person named on the internet bill, not the person who physically clicks on the download icon. So mums, dads, holiday home owners, schools and universities are at risk of being pinged for their children's, guests' or students' illegal activities.

InternetNZ chief executive Vikram Kumar says the Government's approach is lazy. "Think of it like a street address. Instead of finding out who in the house has committed the crime, the blame will fall on the homeowner."

Small and medium businesses that can't afford top-of-the-range internet security could also be at risk if employees use work computers to download. What's worse, the onus is on the account holder to prove they did not hit click – the opposite of innocent until proven guilty.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/5558008/Where-you-stand-under-new-copyright-law

sounds a bit draconian, though I don't think they fully grasp the mechanics of the p2p networks.

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
Re: New Zealand - Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:44:00 pm »
Sounds alot like traffic law here in my state......You borrow out your car to a friend or whoever, your responsible for their actions. If they hit someone in your car it's your fault and you pay!   :o

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: New Zealand - Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:58:42 pm »
"Think of it like a street address. Instead of finding out who in the house has committed the crime, the blame will fall on the homeowner."

W...T....F.....

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  New Zealand - Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx