gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:57:25 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Uk Govt Working On New Anti-P2P Plans Without Consultation Or Evidence
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Uk Govt Working On New Anti-P2P Plans Without Consultation Or Evidence  (Read 666 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Backdoor deals time again in the UK ?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/13/hunt_pirates_sites_speech/

In August the government said it wouldn't implement the Digital Economy Act's web-blocking powers. But it still thinks pirate websites hurt British business and wants something to make accessing them more more difficult, and to make sanctions against them less expensive.

According to a leak to the FT (behind paywall), Jeremy Hunt will float a number of proposals in a speech tomorrow ranging from an IWF-like industry group which would agree on a blacklist to technical and commercial measures against the pirates. Search engines might be expected to demote pirate sites in the listings, or put warning stickers against them in Google.

"We intend to take measures to make it more and more difficult to access sites that deliberately facilitate infringement, misleading consumers and depriving creators of a fair reward for their creativity," Hunt's speech says

No doubt these ill thought out proposals and inferred sudden realisations ministers have often follow either a sizable donation or a holiday gift from cartel entities, to call such acts bribes is not far short of the truth however legally I have no current proof of such "gifts" so I cant call them that but I'm sure the evidence will surface as it did in the case of the last unappointed minister who talked such crap after secretly meeting with a record company boss in a plush island retreat where he stayed for 2 weeks, I speak of aparachnik mandelson one of the most corrupt folks ever to be let near policy making in the UK without being democratically elected by anyone to do so.

For those who enjoy a walk down memory lane.

http://wideshut.co.uk/rothschild-puppet-mandelson-determined-to-censor-internet/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Uk Govt Working On New Anti-P2P Plans Without Consultation Or Evidence

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx