gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 07:57:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Little help please, and hi.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Little help please, and hi.  (Read 1505 times)

Offline weewackydug

• Forum Member
Little help please, and hi.
« on: October 30, 2011, 08:33:35 pm »
Hello peeps

Well back in 2003, winmx was the first peer2peer and chat software I had used.

I loved it because any person with an IQ greater than a parsnip could operate it. It was literally black and white. (and green and some red also shoved in for good measure if i remember correctly). The chat rooms were (also literally) so random. I used to frequent one called something like "stoners, growers, smugglers..."  and it was hillariously funny, sometimes  insightful and sometimes moronic.

So I thought today I was just going to download the old programme, see if that chat room was still there, and bobs your uncle (the rest of your family i dont know) but, alas, things have gone a bit FUBAR in mx land. Its commendable the amount of dedication and perseverance that appears to  being put into getting it operationing at an acceptable level again... I dont see the point in others on this forum  bashing the few that are trying to revive mx to its former glory -  in fact i think its pretty fucking stupid.  If it wasnt a monumental and constantly evolving task, somebody would have fixed it already, right? Go figure.

So, for somebody with computer skills lesser than those of a parsnip, how difficult is it to get the programme running and the chat rooms open?

Peace, wee 

Re: Little help please, and hi.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:20:19 pm »
Hi Wee,

Welcome back.

You can get what you need from winmxconnex, which you can link to from where it says patch at the top left.
unfortunately due to the malicious traffic on the network it is difficult to get a room listing from winmx.
Others in community have done something about this and have web based chat room listings.

I think the most up to date web list would be at winmxunlimited.net/tools/chat-room-list/

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  Little help please, and hi.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx