gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:27:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FXS 1.3.9 not connecting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FXS 1.3.9 not connecting  (Read 4307 times)

Offline topmaster61

• Forum Member
FXS 1.3.9 not connecting
« on: September 07, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »
HI, I am usng FXS 1.3.9 and no one can seem to connect. I have forwarded ports for winmx  6699 and also the udp of 6257.

When I check with a port checker it say's that port 6699 is open but 6257 is closed. I have allowed everything in windows firewall. I have also aded port 6698 for the FX server and forwarded this port to my static ip 192.168.0.105.     81.96.29.115. I can get into my own room by changing the haSH as you have to for being able to enter your own room but no one else is getting in.

I am  having no problems loading room lists on MX so seems like the forwarding is working ok there apart from the fact it does say port 6257 is closed on the port checker.

I did try ouka for a while and seemed to get that working but was very laggy. I have 50 meg optic fibre cable internet and using an N rated Dlink router.

Would love to get this sorted as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: FXS 1.3.9 not connecting
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:41:21 pm »
theres this nifty lil server called e-serv
some dont like it cos it dont have a flashy user/host control screen, but it isn't out of date either
indeed, the winmxworld help room is using e-serv
the room host just makes changes, issues commands etc by a very simple method...
the room is controlled from within the room
a command is issued as would any other command...
AND it's not obsolete
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline RebelMX

• Core
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »
It's not obsolete?  I havent seen any new releases from Eagle, so does that make it obsolete?  Seems that was the definition of why FX was obsolete?

I think the issue that topmaster is having is that they need to set up a single different port to WinMX and forward tcp and udp for that port. only then will others be able to get in as it doesnt run through winmx and is an entirely seperate program.

Offline topmaster61

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:56:42 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys but I am still even now sitting in an empty room and what I can;t understand is why me?

I am no novice, In fact in the old days before the RIIA started attacking I used to even edit RCMS dll files for other hosts to keep their rooms secure.

The point I am making is that I should be able to connect as I have made all the right adjustment (Or have I?) I know things have changed gere since I last hosted but i can not work out why I am having so much trouble.

Any more ideas I would be only too willing to try them.

Thanks.

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 12:57:38 am »
:thumbs:     Just remember when you are trying to get your FX Server to work they give you a automatic port to use i believe  the port set in your Configs is  6698 .. I have found if you change that port to 6697 , you can get into your room and so can anyone else trying  :yes:   Enjoy your Chat room lol if trying to use FX   :evil:

Mr.Master,
Did you play with the port forwarding?

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline topmaster61

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 01:32:37 am »
Yes i tried every combination to make sure i had not done anything wrong. Also when i start up that eserv it says disconnected so can't get that up to try it.

The winmx rooms are all loading fine and i can sit in a room parked for hours.

Offline topmaster61

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 01:57:28 am »
OK when I get a failed connection i recieve an error code 1000 on fx server. I tried changing the port to 6697 but still get refused connections. I checked the port was open on a router port checker and it was definitely open.

Offline ']['affy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:17 am »
try changing the port to 16697,, i have prob myself with the standard ports myself so have to go higher

Offline topmaster61

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 12:20:03 am »
OK thanks for the help all but I now have ouka 580a and it connects and is very very stable. A word of avice though, do not use 580b as it does not seem to connect to the WPN so in this instance the older version is better.

I wonder if Ouka know about the connection problem with 580b. Does anyone knoe if you can load a seperate motd file in ouka as it only has the one built into the main config.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  FXS 1.3.9 not connecting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx