gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 16, 2024, 09:25:52 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Napster Name Traded Yet Again - And is No More
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Napster Name Traded Yet Again - And is No More  (Read 665 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Napster Name Traded Yet Again - And is No More
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
It seems some names are worth hundreds or millions despite being used shamelessly to promote look-a-like products that lack any of the core facilities that made those names worth so much.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/12/02/rhapsody_kills_off_napster/

The company founded by Shawn Fanning - who named it after his close-crop haircut, apparently - when his peer-to-peer file-sharing app of the same name took off, is no more.

The firm that now owns it, Rhapsody, will fold the online music shop that Napster became into its own store, in the US at least.

Many of the older hands here will remember Napster as the product that drew them into filesharing and social activity online following its shutdown, some like myself would be happy to see the name killed off as the current incarnation of Napster no longer reflects the original product nor its facilities, perhaps this is the end and maybe we wont be treated to yet another relaunch, but I wont be holding my breath.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Napster Name Traded Yet Again - And is No More

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx