gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 06:51:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WiFi WPS-PIN vulnerability
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WiFi WPS-PIN vulnerability  (Read 770 times)

WiFi WPS-PIN vulnerability
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:55:20 am »
someone at overclockers-au came across this article https://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/wifi-protected-setup-flaw-can-lead-compromise-router-pins-122711

When the PIN authentication fails the access point will send an EAP-NACK message back to the client. The EAP-NACK messages are sent in a way that an attacker is able to determine if the first half of the PIN is correct. Also, the last digit of the PIN is known because it is a checksum for the PIN. This design greatly reduces the number of attempts needed to brute force the PIN. The number of attempts goes from 108 to 104 + 103 which is 11,000 attempts in total,

As if there's not already enough things to lock down.

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
Re: WiFi WPS-PIN vulnerability
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:29:00 am »
Seems the 2 tools available work quite well, although it did take a while. I used one of my own access points with the default configuration btw which was a netgear(virgin media branded) router with wps enabled by default :yes:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  WiFi WPS-PIN vulnerability

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx