gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:44:52 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  The state of p2p
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The state of p2p  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
The state of p2p
« on: December 15, 2011, 07:07:03 am »
Hi all,

I was a very heavy user of WinMX back when "Smitty's Tavern" was around.  ...that may have been what...8 years or so? At any rate, I'd like to find out what the current state of p2p is.  What are the good clients these days?

....oh, and if anybody know's what "Smitty's" email address is, shoot him a line for me and tell him "HOOKED" says hi.  :enterwavingsmileyhere:

HOOKEDONPHONIX

Re: The state of p2p
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:06:13 am »
Hi hooked, welcome to winmxworld.

I' ve heard people talking about smittys tavern before. Maybe it was you, maybe one of the old members.
I would suggest installing winmx with the patch or one of the chat clients and browse though a bunch of rooms, you might find someone you know.

I use wpcc as a chat client, there's a few around, check out our tutorials page for some of the more common clients.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:22:24 am »
Back in teh day, I was a Moderator @ the tavern and a member here.  Some of the older member names are familiar, and CuttingEdge was an internet buddy of mine.  I'm not a bit shocked to find him here.  :)  Interestingly enough(or not), I retired from online gaming and I'm looking for a home.  WinMX World had a lot of really good folks here in the past, so it's as good a place as any to start.  As far as I know, I'll be hanging my hat here for a bit.

I'll check the clients page when I get home as I'm currently at work and my IT department has done an outstanding job of locking out nearly everything that isn't a forum and happens to be p2p related.  I love those guys.  >.>

What's the state of p2p these days?  Between working 12 hours days and sleeping for 8'ish, I don't have a lot of time to research. 

Hooked

a.k.a. HookedOnFonix

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
  • I will gladly pay U Tuesday, for a hamburger today
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:45:39 pm »
Hookedonfonix!    :-D 

Old friend! It's been like almost a decade!
I wish you were coming back to see MX with a clean bill of health, but thats not the case sadly.
Theres alot a great members here working on various parts to create a solution to the issues....
Find some time, do some reading into the past couple months here and keep in touch!

CE

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline Its_Me_Smitty

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »
What's up ol buddy! I didn't/don't know if winmx is even around anymore. I removed it off my system about 4 years ago or better. Pretty sad actually, lol. When on the PC, I use torrents, and love them!

My email is: smitty1974 at gmail dot com ;)

Yes, this is really me, and I remember everyone pretty well. You still live up in Utah?

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 04:11:04 am »
Yeah,  I'm still stuck in the great mistake of Utah.  I can't recall when the last time I had WinMX installed.  It's been soooo long.  I got out of that and started doing online gaming (which I regret) for oh......5 years or so.  During that time, I played the dating, mating, and procreating game that so many of us have fiddled with.  Successful on all 3 accounts.  Add one dog, one cat, house, and a good job and you pretty much get the idea.  The motorcycle is gone in favor or a Jeep...

You won't know it unless I tell you so....give me a minute.  I'll be right back.  The wife just got back from the store and I feel the 'Honey-do' list growing some.  Back in a couple.

..ok, back.

Come to think of it, I haven't had a client installed since back in the day.  The thought has crossed my mind though.  I'm still mulling over the idea and weighing my options.  Some of the tech hopefully has changed some.  I like the idea of a decentralized network and I love the idea of torrents.  It seems that I have some reading to do....

There was a time that I was monkeying with some programming, but I found it really dry unless I was being malicious.  Good thing I've outgrown the malicious part of it.  I always know just enough to land myself in trouble....  After a while, I became really bored and dropped the programming thing.  I'll leave that for folks that actually have some talent with it and enjoy it.

I think I'm beginning to ramble.  The boy is going nuts, and the wife is calling again....

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:00 am »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

The relentless march of time and it's effects, you've brought a smile to my face Hooked  :-D

Merry Xmas  8)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:07 am »
...played the dating, mating, and procreating game... ...Successful on all 3 accounts. ...one dog, one cat,... ... The boy is going nuts, and the wife is calling again....

cat, dog, and a kid? .... talent ;)

couldnt resist a little 'out of context theatre' after reading that :P

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 05:08:41 am »
Lol! Your writing technique hasn't changed a bit Hooked! I followed down the same road since we last spoke, only  it didn't end up the same.... When we used to chat on the tavern forum, I was living with A girl I ended up marrying. We have a little girl who just turned 3 and have been divorced for just over a year.
" What A long strange trip it's been" 

:wounded:

I CAN HANDLE IT!

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 01:22:57 pm »
I'm glad I could bring a smile.   :bow:

Raw deal, divorce and all.  I've never been through one, but I've seen enough of them to know they suck.  Interestingly enough, my son is about 3 and....oh, a half right now.  Long strange trip indeed.  One thing hasn't changed though...your forum message.  You owe me for a WHOLE lot of cheeseburgers my friend.  Buy me a pizza.  We'll call it even.

...as for the "out of context theat're'", I'm good for it.  I'd like to say that I'm talented but it would be an entire fabrication of a different universe.  Just ask my dog, the neighbors cat, .....and my wife.   :oops:

So sorry for not having posted up sooner.  Life has been a touch rough.  With Christmas comes Christmas vacations, of which I didn't partake this year other than the company shutdown portion of it.  My co-parter in crime here flew home to visit his folks.  So far as work goes, we've been buried in work...humpin' it out hard and fast all day long.  To make my Merry Christmas more merry, I lost a MoBo, and my power supply showing signs of a very slow death....hence why I haven't posted up....speaking of posting, I'll do that, fill in my work order numbers and find a cup of coffee upon exit.  See you guys  soon. 

Offline cuttingedge

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
Your right Hooked, I do owe ya a pizza....At the leased.  I hope you stick around and chat here now and then.
I'm sure ya read enough to know members here are pretty level headed and friendly for the most part, well except for me and all   :crazy:

So about that pizza! I really would not mind buying you and the family dinner! That is if you accept?
Email me the phone number of your local Pizza delivery place along with the required info to deliver and I
Will take care of it. More than likely on a Tuesday as thats when I pay my friends back..... :yes:

I CAN HANDLE IT!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Nice To Meet You!  |  The state of p2p

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx