gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:21:33 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap  |  how to join a room in opennap winmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how to join a room in opennap winmx  (Read 3977 times)

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
how to join a room in opennap winmx
« on: December 16, 2011, 03:44:57 pm »
OK i have gone to opennap and got the .wsx list and imported it and list comes up and when i connect it turns green. 
What do I do to join a room?   I know that clicking on view server msgs brings up a new window.
i have not been able to find any info on commands or examples on how they work.
Please advise as to what I am supposed to do to start sharing my music.
Thank you
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

Re: how to join a room in opennap winmx
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:29:43 pm »
Once you're connected to an opennap server, your shares are uploaded to that server and you are sharing your music.

Open nap doesn't run a room listing like winmx and not all opennap servers will have rooms attached to them.
Once you're conneced to an opennap server, click the chat button, click list channels and you will see the opennap server listed, select that and you will see a listing of any rooms attached to that opennap server.

Offline dabud

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:07:37 pm »
ty silicon toad

I don't see any CHAT button, but when I right click on connected sites, I get a dropdown that says [among other things] View Server msgs.  When I click on it a window opens and if I type /list, It takes me to a channel list window.  If I choose a channel, then it would seem that I am joining a [ room ?].  However these rooms are virtually empty [1 or 2 peeps] and most are not sharing anything.   Is there another opennap list available that has more users?  I am using servers.wsx, that I got from somewhere else in winmxworld site.
Thank You
Machine # 1 - Asus Prime Z390A, i7-9700k 3.6GHz, 32.0 GB ram, openSUSE Leap 15.0 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5.12.8
Machine # 2 - Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHz, 16.0 GB ram, opensuse Tumbleweed KDE Plasma 5.17.0

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:12:47 pm »
no thats it, thats the rooms on that opennap server

opennap people dont tend to run rooms like the winmx people do
you can only connect to rooms that are run on the server you are connected to

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:23:55 am »
This small tutorial shows how to check each of the servers your connected to for chat rooms, simply select the one from the drop down list and if there are chat channels hosted on that server they will appear in a winmx style room listing (one list per server).

https://www.winmxworld.com/help/opennap-chat_rooms.html

To locate more Open Nap servers heres the best place to find a list to add (import) the servers from

http://www.gotnap.com/servers.wsx

Scroll down to the IMPORTING section on this page for further help

https://www.winmxworld.com/help/opennap-wsx.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap  |  how to join a room in opennap winmx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx