gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 02:43:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Win 7 / WinMx Issue
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Win 7 / WinMx Issue  (Read 6663 times)

Offline not_patient_by_choice

• Forum Member
Win 7 / WinMx Issue
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »
running Win 7 Professional, WinMx in compatability mode for xp. Life was good until I downloaded & installed Microsoft critical fixes. WinMx would come up, connect, and search fine. When I tried to download a file matching one of my incompletes, I no longer get the pop-up asking if I want to resume from incomplete or download as new. I only got an annoying beep. Could not shut WinMx down, had to use task mgr. Task mgr said the program was waiting for a response from me. I shut it down, restored my system to before the updates, and life was good again. Now, even tho' I haven't downloaded any new updates, the same thing is happening.
Help!
I wonder if it has something to do with some setting in Win 7 maybe??
I have no problem downloading a brand new file, just when I try to resume from an incomplete.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Win 7 / WinMx Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »
Sounds to me as if your suffering from the same problem as "LightningMa" not_patient_by_choice, check out this thread and follow the simple steps I suggested for her to use, I hope that resolves your problem, Happy new year btw  8)

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8134.msg61402#msg61402

not_patient

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »
Thanx for your prompt reply, GhostShip. I did see and follow that before I posted. I have my files on a separate drive, always use the browse button to get there. I uninstalled and reinstalled WinMx, to no avail (sob). Any other suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »
Ok I had to go seek some advice on this one as I dont use Win7 but the first question I was asked is why are you using XP compatibility mode ?

So please try it without that and let me know how that pans out  :)

Offline not_patient_by_choice

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 12:21:19 am »
Well I did have a reason for running in xp compat mode, but that was last Aug, and for the life of me I don't remember now why I did.
I unclicked the compat mode and started it up again. I can click and download files that are hi lited turquoise, 'can be added to running multi-point download'. When I click on files hi lited in yellow, 'matches incomplete local file', everything locks up.
Task mgr says the system can't close WinMx because it's waiting on a response from me.
When I hover the cursor over WinMx in the task bar, WinMx has no other windows open. It almost seems like something's trying to block a pop up, does that make any sense?

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 01:35:11 pm »
I have to admit I cant think of anything more, anyone else got any ideas to help out here ?

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 01:50:39 pm »
just a shot in the dark, try right cllicking on the title bar of winmx when it does that and look for a 'reset all windows' menu item.

I've had a problem before where i couldnt access some winmx windows to close them, but it wasnt win7 specific.

I'm running win7 ultimate and ive tried recreating your error by both clicking and right click on a 'yellow' file name in a browse window but so far no luck.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:26 am »
could it be a permissions issue combined with the app freezing just before it can open a dialog box?

...i say that cos ive had it happen on windows NT (2k xp) with other apps that were a bit too old to be running on the os they were running on... (usually 16bit apps)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX on current Windows Versions  |  Win 7 / WinMx Issue

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx