gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 12:18:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  bandwith
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bandwith  (Read 2048 times)

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
bandwith
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »
 my bandwith seams to disapear and then it comes back anyone else have this problem any help would be aprecited i have dsl for internet connection

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: bandwith
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:57 am »
define 'disappear'

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »
their i nothing coming in or out and when it is their their is more going out than comming and i can't adjust it with the bandwith throttle on winmx

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:17:36 pm »
im guessing you are connected as a primary... what you are seeing is the 'junk' traffic from the network attack.... try a secondary connection....

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:16 pm »
i have always had a secondry connection right now i am getting great bandwith in and out could i be my isp i have clearwire for my provider?  thanks for the help

Offline achilles

• Core
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:11:33 pm »
It could just be from attacks. What version of WinMx are you using? Are you using the WinMx World community patch? Do you have anyone in your queue downloading from you? Are you able to queue or download from others?
I'm a Hardware, and Cyber Security Guy.

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:16 pm »
right now i can dl and i have  2 dl to others the bandwith is working now but sometimes my q is empty to others and all of the files that were qed up loose their place in other peoples q i have winmx 3.54 beta 4

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:28:56 am »
when connecting as secondary the sudden jump in upload speed without a file being transferred is your client uploading your list of shared files to the primary... thats the 'file-less' bandwidth surge... if the primary you connected to drops due to the attack traffic mx will search for another causing another surge and you to loose all the queued files both for up and download...

when connected as primary ofc you will be inundated by the attack traffic itself....

basically... in its current state... winmx is a p2p best left to the background if you arent chatting... queue up some files you want.. leave mx running...  then 'sleep on it' to see if you get them....

if you were having problems with your isp it should be noticeable in the traffic of other applications....

also dont forget that since search doesnt work an empty queue isnt a bad thing persay just a result of the attacks...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  bandwith

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx