gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 12:36:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext  (Read 771 times)

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »
In vogue with other countries cracking down on freedom and democracy on the internet as discussed in Slashdot recently, the UK is joining in with plans to track all phone calls, text messages, email traffic and websites visited online, all to be stored in vast databases under new Government anti-terror plans. As reported in The Telegraph.

Security services will have access to information about who has been communicating with each other on social networking sites such as Facebook, direct messages between subscribers on Twitter would also be stored, as well as communications between players in online video games.

The scheme is a revised version of a plan drawn up by the ex-Labour government which would have created a central database of all the information. The idea later dropped in favour of requiring communications providers to store the details at the taxpayers’ expense.

http://slashdot.org/story/12/02/19/034209/uk-plans-more-spying-on-internet-users-under-terrorism-pretext

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
Re: UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:39 pm »
Pangit keyboard...

I read the above then browsed on, only to discover:

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=8004.0.html

Cyclical thought merit cyclical responses?

Yes, I know the use and misuse of TOR has been a monumental PITA, but, hey, properly used...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:44 pm »
doesnt the uk have cameras like..... everywhere (street corners etc) ?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  UK Plans More Spying On Internet Users Under 'Terrorism' Pretext

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx