gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:59:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  searching and shareing
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: searching and shareing  (Read 2110 times)

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
searching and shareing
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:05:02 pm »
when i search i get all kinds of junk and not what i am looking for and when others try to dl from me they keep timing out any help will be greatly appreciated thanks :?:

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
Re: searching and shareing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »
As for the junk your seeing in your searches, its been an ongoing problem for awhile now and will hopefully be sorted out soon.

Regarding the second part of your question, have you opened ports in your modem/router?
You could specify the name brand and model of your modem/router and we could provide you with an informative step by step link on how to do so.

Providing other info such as operating system, antivirus, firewall and other protection software being used, would also be of some help. :)

Offline redmpls

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:25:43 pm »
i have windows 7  and a belkin router I am using comcast for a isp norton  and what ever comcast provides this was a problem before i switched to comcast the same thing happened with clearwire  thanks

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »
Usually on the face of the router you will see a model number, or maybe located on the top. You need to provide that as well so we can find you detailed info on how to forward the ports.

Alternatively you could use an easier method (which isn't quite as good but much easier to do)
go to winmx settings...click on Incoming TCP connections...click on the dot in the bottom option.
click on In/Out UDP Packets and again click on the dot in the lower option. Restart WinMX

Most of your uploads should then work, unless its norton or something else interfering.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:53:23 pm »
'Norton' what?
Internet Security?
Works?
Antivirus?
360?
what year?
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  searching and shareing

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx