gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 01:22:18 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  room listings
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: room listings  (Read 5402 times)

Simon

room listings
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
Hi returning to Winmx after many years, I used to host a room around the time it went BANG and had the patch to fix it around 2007 I think?

I have forgotten everything, forget the bots and room hosting, that is the least of my worries at the moment.

I cannot get any rooms to list when selecting the chat room tab?

Do I need to port my route, so long ago I cannot even remember how to do that, new house, new PC and different set up with router now, didnt have a wireless connection back in them days.

Any help appreciated.

Yours

XinDi Warrior 003

Simon

Simon Hefford

Re: room listings
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »
Its okay I have read up and worked it out, what a shame seems MX is a tiny part of its former self, far more complicated to get into a room than it ever should be and the use of more than one piece of software, a real shame.

Peace all

Simon

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:09:45 am »
Indeed a shame Simon, as I hope you have read from the front page of this site, some small minded ex-community members decided their selfish wishes trump anyone elses usage of the network, welcome back  8)

... and rest assured activites are going on behind the scenes to rid ourselves of such parasites  :-D :-D :-D

Simon Hefford

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:28:25 pm »
I am hoping to get a room running again in using an old room name I used to be in for old times sake and for fun.

I am testing a room purely using the host room option on mx just to remind myself of some of the commands.

I guess after that I will need to read up on what is the latest room hosting software to use, I think FXS or something had just come into effect around my time of leaving last.

It would be good to get a group of like minded folks together again, had fun times on here.

I remember MX always had it's fair share of fools but hey such is life.

Here's to the future and hopefully maybe some improvement of the software issues of late.

Regards Simon

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »
ES (eagle serv) is much like winmx' built in IIRC ... and would be easier to practice with since you could run it in offline mode... using the winmx built-in you are sending a lot of junk over to the DoD amongst other things....

be careful out there

Offline XinDi WaRRioR

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »
Thanks for that, appreciate it, i will check that out :D

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  room listings

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx