gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:12:14 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Download and use MXcleaner to identify duplicate WinMX files.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download and use MXcleaner to identify duplicate WinMX files.  (Read 10090 times)

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
MXcleaner is now available for downloading from:

www.linux.interworld.net.au

MXcleaner is available for 32 Bit Linux, 64 Bit Linux and 32 Bit Windows.
64 Bit Windows and/or GUI will be coded for commercial (paying) users (costs money).

Is your PC clogged up with files having identical content, but different file names, different file dates, stored in the same and/or different directories?.

Download and use MXcleaner to identify and optionally remove from your PC, audio, image, video, documents and other files with identical contents, having the same or different file names and/or different file dates, partially downloaded or zero length __INCOMPLETE___ WinMX files , stored in the same or different directory trees.

How to use MXcleaner to check whether a file you want to download is already stored fully or partially downloaded and stored with a different name in your download or other directory:

1.) Familiarize yourself with the MXcleaner command line options by running "MXcleaner --help" from your Terminal or Command window.

2.) Start the download. This results in Zero length file with  __INCOMPLETE___ prefixed to the file name.

3.) Run MXcleaner from the Command or Terminal Window with the required command line options. 

4.) MXcleaner will after some time list all the completed files with identical contents and all incomplete WinMX having identical WinMX hash numbers.

5.) If you run MXcleaner with the '-d' option, you will be asked whether you want to delete the identical files. If you answer 'Yes', MXcleaner deletes the duplicate files.

6.) If WinMx is running and you have deleted __INCOMPLETE___ WinMX files, stop and then restart WinMx. Otherwise WinMx will again download the deleted __INCOMPLETE___ file. 

NOTE:
MXcleaner remembers the last command line used. for example if use:
"MXcleaner -d C:\WinMX\downloads C:\WinMX\uploads  c:\WinMX\private", MXcleaner will check the three directories and their sub-directories and offer to delete any duplicate files found.

The next time just run "MXcleaner" without any command  line.

To run MXcleaner with new a new command line , run "MXcleaner [new command line].

Enjoy cleaning your hard drives of identical files,

Hans  :walk:

AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Download and use MXcleaner to identify duplicate WinMX files.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:19 am »
...and/or GUI will be coded for commercial (paying) users (costs money)....

bad idea.. winmx isnt a commercial app its freeware... i know everyone has to eat but selling p2p, or related, software seems to be a great way for the 'powers that be' in the entertainment industry to show that the user wants to make money off their work (their words) and throw a lawsuit in that persons direction.... see the limewire case for a good example...

...just a bit of friendly advice...

Offline Hans-Linux

• Forum Member
    • index.hmtl
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:00 am »
...and/or GUI will be coded for commercial (paying) users (costs money)....

bad idea.. winmx isnt a commercial app its freeware... i know everyone has to eat but selling p2p, or related, software seems to be a great way for the  to show that the user wants to make money off their work (their words) and throw a lawsuit in that persons direction.... see the limewire case for a good example...

...just a bit of friendly advice...

Thanks for the advise.

MXcleaner is a spinoff of the commercial version of CLEANER with WinMX hashing added to also identify duplicated WinMx files. 

I don't have the personal resources to spend $350.00 on a copy of M$ 64 bit Windows 7.  If someone wants a 64 bit version, he can either pay me the money, send me a 64 bit M$ Windows 7 CD that I can register with M$ or download the GPL-3 source code from www.linux.interworld.net.au, get a 64 Bit Windows compiler and  build a 64 bit Windows version himself if the 32 bit version is to slow on M$ 64 bit Windows.

If somebody want's a GUI, he can either code it himself or pay someone to do it for him.

My former employer supplies the commercial version of CLEANER to government and private companies, including the Department of Justice and the Attorney General's Office.  I wonder how the 'powers that be' in the entertainment industry would want to convince a court that MXcleaner can be used to download their crap and infringe their copyright!

Hans
AMD Phenom II x4, 3000Mhz; 24,115 Bogo MIPS; 
 Main Op. System: Gentoo, Xfce Desktop; 
Wine 3.0.3; WinMx; Bit-Torrent;
Up-Speed 20 Mb/s Down-Speed 50 Mb/s;
 "C" programmer.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:59 pm »
I wonder how the 'powers that be' in the entertainment industry would want to convince a court that MXcleaner can be used to download their crap and infringe their copyright!

the way they keep convoluting things i wouldnt want to know...

I don't have the personal resources to spend $350.00 on a copy of M$ 64 bit Windows 7.  If someone wants a 64 bit version, ....

32bit works on 64 just fine (wowexec) .. but i do wholeheartedly understand your logic on that one... the pricetags microsoft put on the 6 flavors of 7 are insane...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:17:31 am »
Or run the XP mode 'app' on win7-64
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Download and use MXcleaner to identify duplicate WinMX files.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx