gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 01, 2024, 12:31:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  File sharing helping bring down oppresive regime?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: File sharing helping bring down oppresive regime?  (Read 784 times)

File sharing helping bring down oppresive regime?
« on: May 22, 2012, 09:41:56 pm »
North Korea's dictatorship has blocked its people from learning about the outside world for more than 60 years. But the wall of propaganda has begun to crack as North Koreans use real-life social networks to illegally share South Korean TV dramas and pop music on everything from DVDs to USB sticks.

"I was told when I was young that South Koreans are very poor, but the South Korean dramas proved that just isn't the case," according to a 31-year-old male defector.

http://www.livescience.com/20494-file-sharing-north-korea.html

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: File sharing helping bring down oppresive regime?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:21:01 am »
The internet:  The great equalizer and cure for the disease of lack of information.  It's good to see some cracks developing there.  I might have to dump in my other HD and dedicate it to YaCy or some such.  I would find it amusing.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  File sharing helping bring down oppresive regime?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.005 seconds with 16 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx