gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 08:22:42 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  ONE YEAR ON
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ONE YEAR ON  (Read 3858 times)

Offline ANTS

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
ONE YEAR ON
« on: May 25, 2012, 08:03:53 pm »
And we still await a fix for winmx.

Lets face it winmx is fooked, old technology that never moved on.

Dont get me wrong I love winmx and would be delighted to see it back
but its not going to happen.

Stop the bulls h i t and tell the truth.

If there was a fix it would have been done by now.  :snore:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: ONE YEAR ON
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:04 pm »
Are you simply sounding off or do you wish to engage in discussion Ants ?

I agree the network is severly damaged by petty minded abusers who once asked folks to trust them over us, the difference is of course that we have always been ready to step up to the plate with like minded others in the community to do whats necessary to safeguard the networks users with help, support and technical advice when necessary and hard work when possible, there is a fix and the fix is simply to rewrite a new client from scratch , thats been going on since around last august and is expected to be ready for the september anniversary, thats the plan and you can call it what you like but one thing its not is BS, hold firm dont lose faith and be proud you trusted your fellow comunity members, if we dont have trust Ants we have nothing to bind us together, if that occurs the atackers have earned their pay.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:53:33 am »
Designing a new client, as GhostShip state from scratch, really is the best bet.  I've been thinking about all the things that it should do, shouldn't do, and about all the crap that's interwoven around such a thing.  It's no easy task.  There are a lot of things to work out.  Something of note is that those involved also have to work and live.  I'm thankful that those doing the coding are actually bothering to do it.  They could have let the network die.  Where would I call home then?

On a personal note, thanks to all those involved.  I can't wait to see what you've wrought.  :thumbs:

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 03:12:31 am »
It would have been a lot easier for those doing the work to just walk away if there was no community support and no sense of sticking together left in the community.

Whats left of the community sticking together and sticking out the attacks made it a bit harder to just walk away.

So from me, my thanks to those pounding away at the keyboard on this project and my thanks to the community sticking together.

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 10:26:09 am »
Just for comparison's sake...
How long does it take Microsnot to develop a new version of Windows? like Vista after XP, or Win 7 after Vista?
And how many Indian coders are working on it?

I think our modest lil team are doing quite well, actually

I have been Gestating my own lil business, it takes WORK!
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »
a good time to mentionthat even a big company like you mentioned with loads of professional coder are not able to deliver a bug free release in one time.

So who is going to blame our small core of coder if things are not perfect at the first release?

I am not, I just feel bad I'm not skilled enough to pay a real contribution

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »
...with loads of professional coder are not able to deliver a bug free release in one time....

~10 yrs later windows xp is still getting bugfixes so.... ....yeah....

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »
Keep up the good work and folks like myself who run Slavanap servers and give good clean results will always be here (going on 12 years)...I still leave WINMX peer on a primary and I get good throughput and depending on the day a bunch of secondaries..but alas unless I go through a bunch tried and true magic tricks the A-Holes appear with the all inclusive results which renders the peer search useless...as with many here I cant wait for the day when what was such a good (and so very colorful) idea is once again free to be available to everyone......there are so many rare and priceless pieces to collect out there that it does make me sick to think that some greedy bastards have the gall to take that away from some of the many sick and in firmed people that depend on a keyboard and laptop screen to give them some life outside of their broken bodies..the people that have sabotaged that avenue only have gained bad karma for themselves as with our rocksolid open nap servers will always be there to serve....

Offline Einsteinus

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »
a good time to mentionthat even a big company like you mentioned with loads of professional coder are not able to deliver a bug free release in one time.

So who is going to blame our small core of coder if things are not perfect at the first release?

I am not, I just feel bad I'm not skilled enough to pay a real contribution
Dont feel so bad......it has taken microsoft a few generations and they still cant get it right even on the 30th try

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World Community  |  Winmxworld.com Strategic Directions  |  ONE YEAR ON

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx