gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 09:05:17 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  CSS3Pie (something for nylly and other webdevs)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CSS3Pie (something for nylly and other webdevs)  (Read 2920 times)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
CSS3Pie (something for nylly and other webdevs)
« on: June 03, 2012, 06:10:35 pm »
http://css3pie.com/

from the site;

PIE makes Internet Explorer 6-9 capable of rendering several of the most useful CSS3 decoration features.

for those curious that would be the border-radius attributes on the links at the very top of the page... IE shows them as plain boxes... everything else shows them as boxes with rounded edges...

and no... this isnt a complaint.. its just an interesting link to something to play with (i havent tried it personally so i dont know how involved it is to get it to work) ....

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Re: CSS3Pie (something for nylly and other webdevs)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »
interesting....

Getting it implemented isn't hard, but it seems there are still some restrictions after playing with it a bit...

It works for the div container on the main site for instance but not for the top menu link hover which is inside a table.

Also the archive with several divs inside each  other isn't behaving consistently.

I left it for the main page so it shows at least the corners there but anything else is too much work IMO.

I did say after all I wouldn't go to any lenghts to support non -standard browsers anymore :P
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:53:50 pm »
well... after 10 years of waiting for IE to even fully(?) support CSS2, i guess hacking in CSS3 is just as bad as the olden days of getting IE6 to work with CSS2...

Offline Bluey_412

• Forum Member
  • I'm Watching...
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:34 pm »
the rounded borders are there in bog-standard IE9, on hover, or mebbe i misunderstood something...
What you think is important is rarely urgent
But what you think is Urgent is rarely important

Just remember that...

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:48:04 am »
i dont think this project would cover IE9 if it did (there are posts to its forum about problems with IE9 as well)

tho i dont have (nor want) IE9 (or the os to run it) to test such... maybe IE10 will have more CSS3...

...now if they just didnt build the browser into the os.... ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  CSS3Pie (something for nylly and other webdevs)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx