gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 04:48:37 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anti piracy group pirates anti piracy message.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anti piracy group pirates anti piracy message.  (Read 769 times)

Anti piracy group pirates anti piracy message.
« on: July 21, 2012, 01:07:51 am »
Five years ago a composer created music for use in a one-off anti-piracy video. However, without his permission it was used time and again on dozens of commercial DVDs such as Harry Potter. Even in the wake of a huge controversy over “corrupt” and “mafia-like” practices, the local music rights group that got involved in the case failed to pay him the money he was owed. The case went to court and this week the music rights group lost.

http://torrentfreak.com/rights-group-fined-for-not-paying-artist-for-anti-piracy-ad-120717/

They're just so narrowly focussed and so convinced of their own infallibility and righteousness they don't even realise they're doing the same thing they allege infringers are doing.

Offline Hooked

• Forum Member
  • Holder of the benign issue!
Re: Anti piracy group pirates anti piracy message.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:08:38 am »
I don't find that to be all too uncommon actually.  Since actually having integrity is such a difficult thing, maybe they should try the practice of not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

...oh sorry, I forgot the information age dawned some time ago.  I guess this makes them intellectual idiots as well as morally bankrupt.   :oops:

There I go, thinking aloud again.  Shame on me.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Anti piracy group pirates anti piracy message.

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx